Scattered Memories: Part 5

Scattered Memories

“I think Yoseob had an over load of memories and his brain wasn’t able to process so much at once,” the doctor explained to Kikwang and Junhyung as they stood outside the bedroom door, “So, his body’s reaction was to faint.”

 

After Yoseob had fainted Junhyung had picked Yoseob up and ordered Kikwang to call the doctor while he took Yoseob into the bedroom. The doctor came faster than expected and was now easing Kikwang and Junhyung of their worries.

 

“So, it’s nothing serious right?” Kikwang asked with a concerned face.

 

The doctor shook his head, “No, it’s not life threatening in anyway. Well, unless he fell down on his head, but since Junhyung caught him before anything like that could happen, he’s absolutely fine. But next time you try to trigger his memories, don’t give him too much to think about at a time. You don’t want him to faint like this again, and, from what you two described, I don’t think Yoseob would want to go through something like this another time.”

 

Junhyung nodded, “Okay, I understand. So only one or two videos a day, ‘kay Kwangie,” Junhyung looked to the vocalist.

 

Kikwang nodded his head vigorously, “Yeah, don’t worry. I don’t ever want to put Seobie through something like that ever again. I’ll—”

 

“Hey! I’m home~!” a voice rang out through the dorm. A door closed.

 

Junhyung, Kikwang, and the doctor all turned to the front door.

 

It was Doojoon. He was smiling and obviously in a good mood, but he hadn’t looked over in their direction. Junhyung hated to ruin his happy thoughts, but he knew he wouldn’t be able to lie about anything.

 

Doojoon closed the door and turned around. “The director let me come home early today since—” his smile faded when he saw the doctor, and Kikwang with a serious face. He stepped forward. “What’s going on?” he glanced around, from Kikwang’s face to Junhyung then to the doctor, and back to Junhyung. “…Where’s Yoseob?” 

 

“He’s in the bedroom,” Junhyung replied, “sleeping.”

 

Doojoon’s expression was a mixture of worry, confusion, and alarm. “What happened??”

 

-xXx-

 

When Yoseob woke up he felt somebody running their hands through his hair. He was about to look up to see who was messing with his hair, when a sharp pain shot through his head. He let out a moan, “Uhhg, my head…”

 

“Yoseob? Are you awake?” the person withdrew their hand from Yoseob’s head.

 

Yoseob brought his hands to his aching head. “Junhyung?”

 

“No, it’s me, Doojoon.”

 

Yoseob shifted in the bed and slowly opened his eyes, which widened once he caught sight of the spiky-haired leader. “D-Doojoon? What’re you doing here? I thought you were filming…for that drama thing…”

 

“Yeah, I was,” Doojoon replied and went back to playing with Yoseob’s hair, “but then I came home and I saw the doctor with Kikwang and Junhyung, but I didn’t see you, which scared me for a minute. And when Junhyung told me that you had fainted…” Doojoon paused to let out a breath, “you really worried me Seob. But then the doctor explained everything, and told me you were going to be okay. I felt better after hearing that, but I had to see you myself. So, I went into the bedroom, sat down on the bed, and waited for you to wake up.”

 

“Oh,” Yoseb rubbed his forehead as the pain began to recede. “Where’s Junhyung and Kikwang now?”

 

“Saying good-bye to the doctor,” Doojoon replied. “How’re you feeling?”

 

“Okay, except for my head though. I’m a little dizzy.”

 

Doojoon nodded and opened his mouth to say something, but hesitated, and closed it instead.

 

Yoseob raised his eyebrows, “What?”

 

Doojoon shook his head, “No, forget about it. It’s nothing.”

 

“You sure?” Yoseob asked, his brown eyes filled with concern.

 

“Yeah, don’t worry about it. It’s not that important,” Doojoon gave Yoseob an assuring smile and ruffled the younger boy’s hair.

 

Yoseob wanted to know what Doojoon was going to say, but decided not to push it. He didn’t feel totally comfortable butting into somebody else’s thoughts yet; even if they were really close friends, he didn’t feel that strong friendship that everybody else had for him yet. So the younger boy let it go.

 

Yoseob let out a yawn. Doojoon smiled at the cute sight. “You’re probably tired. You should get some more rest. I’ll start lunch so we can eat when you wake up.” Doojoon took the bed covers and lifted them up to Yoseob’s chin.

 

The younger boy gave no protest and let Doojoon tuck him in. He shifted into a more comfortable position and closed his eyes. He felt something warm press against his forehead for a brief moment and Yoseob blinked opened his eyes. Doojoon’s face was only centimeters away from his own and was smiling sweetly.

 

Did he just…kiss my forehead…?

 

“Sweet dreams Seobie~” Doojoon ruffled the brunet’s hair before getting up from the bed and walking out of the room.

 

Yoseob touched the spot on his forehead where Doojoon’s warm lips had been just moments before until falling asleep.

 

-xXx-

 

A tight, warm embrace; dark brown eyes filled with sincere worry, and a feeling of comfort.

 

It was the same blurry scene that played itself over and over in Yoseob’s mind, but nothing more would ever reveal itself and it was driving him crazy. It had been about a week since Yoseob’s fainting incident but that scene was the only one he his mind would bring up whenever he tried to recollect a memory.

 

“…right Hyung? . . . Hyung?”

 

“…”

 

“Hyuuung!”

 

“…”

 

“Yah, Yoseob! I’m asking you a question!”

 

 “Huh?”

 

Dongwoon, who was in the livingroom and sitting beside the main vocalist, sighed, “You weren’t listening to anything I was saying were you?”

 

Yoseob opened his mouth to differ, but decided against it and told the truth – there wasn’t any point in arguing. He shook his head, “No, sorry. What were you asking?”

 

Sighing again, Dongwoon replied, “I was talking about our albums. Do you remember any of our songs?”

 

Yoseob nodded, “Yeah. I know Bad Girl and Shock and some of Mystery and most of Special. But that’s about it.”

 

“Okay, what about our dance choreography?”

 

Yoseob was about to reply when Hyunseung’s voice cut through the dorm. “Jiyong-hyung called and said that Dongwoon and I need to go down to the recording studio to record our parts.”

 

Both Yoseob and Dongwoon turned their heads to see Hyunseung standing in the bedroom doorway. 

 

“So Yoseob,” Hyunseung continued, “you have to come with us since we can’t leave you hear alone.”

 

Dongwoon frowned, “Aww, I thought we were gonna stay home all day today.”

 

“Sorry Woonie, but duty calls. So c’mon kids, get dressed, Hyung said he’s on his way.”

 

-xXx-

 

Yoseob watched as Hyunseung – totally engrossed in the song – sang in the booth, and Dongwoon sat with Shinsadong Tiger-hyung, both of whom were watching Hyunseung. The brunet sighed and slumped lower into his chair. He was soooo bored. There was nothing to entertain him. He glanced around the room again. There were sheets of paper, a pen, a paper clip and a few other miscellaneous objects. Yep, nothing. So, he figured he should find his own entertainment. 

 

“Um, Dongwoon,” Yoseob tapped on the younger’s shoulder. “I’m gonna go to the bathroom okay,” he lied.  

 

The maknae nodded distractedly, “Yeah, okay. Have fun, Seob.”

 

Yoseob gave Dongwoon an odd look before exiting the room. Once out in the hallway, Yoseob looked around – first to his left, then to his right. Shrugging, the brunet chose to go left. Humming a made-up tune to himself, Yoseob meandered down the hall; not having any idea whatsoever where he was headed. But that was alright with him. It kept him occupied.

 

Every once in awhile he would glance into the rooms to see what was in there. Most of the rooms that he peeked into had trainees learning or practicing something. Others were either completely empty or just not being used at the moment.

 

Yoseob was turning another corner in the hallway when he realized he should probably start to head back to the recording studio. He figured Hyunseung and Dongwoon would worry if he didn’t come back in time, so he started to retrace his steps. He made his way down the hall and turned a few corners while glancing around to find the recording room. The brunet had been walking for awhile, when he finally realized he had been walking in circles.

 

Crap, Yoseob thought to himself, I’m lost. Great…

 

-xXx-

 

Hyunseung and Dongwoon had finished recording, and were now standing outside the recording studio wondering where Yoseob was.

 

“Well where the heck is he??”

 

“I don’t know! He said he was going to the bathroom.”

 

“Going to the bathroom shouldn’t take a half hour, Dongwoon. Great, that means he’s probably gotten lost, dammit. Why didn’t you go with him?? He has amnesia.”

 

“Sorry, I forgot…”

 

“You forgot?! How could you have—?” Hyunseung stopped himself, Dongwoon didn’t need him yelling at him right now, “Never mind. Right now we need to find Yoseob. If we don’t Doojoon is going to kill both of us if he finds out, and I doubt it will be quick and painless.”  Hyunseung glanced around. “He couldn’t have gotten too far. He has to be in the building. So let’s split up and meet back here later. And if neither of us finds him…” the dancer sighed, “we’ll call Doojoon for help. Okay?”

 

Dongwoon nodded, “Okay, got it.”

 

“So if you value your life, you need to find him.” Hyuseung said sternly.

 

-xXx-

 

Yoseob sighed to himself as he looked around, “Now what? I’m lost in huge building without anybody who can help me. This is not good…” he sighed, as he leaned against one of the walls. “Maybe I should just stay here and maybe Hyunseung Hyung or Dongwoon will come and find me. You know, like my umma used to say: ‘If you ever get lost, stay in one place; I’ll come find you,’” he mimicked, before giggling to himself and sat down.

 

But because the vocalist didn’t have an extensive attention span, it wasn’t long until he was up and walking around again. As he walked, he heard a faint tune of…a piano?

 

His first thought was, ‘I didn’t know they had a piano here…whoever’s playing is pretty good.’ His second thought was, ‘Hey! Maybe whoever’s playing the piano can tell me how to get back to the recording studio.’

 

And with that thought in mind, Yoseob began to follow the sound of the piano. The tune seemed vaguely familiar, but he couldn’t figure out why.  After walking down a few corridors and turning a couple of corners, the brunet finally came to a room with an open door. Yoseob peeked into the room and who he saw surprised him.

 

Sitting at the black baby-grand piano was Doojoon. His eyes were closed and you could tell he was totally immersed in the song. He seemed distant, as if he were off in his own little world and totally at ease, peaceful, like he thought nothing could go wrong.

 

The tune of the song Doojoon was playing made Yoseob feel warm and fuzzy. He wasn’t sure why, but it did. Then, as the melody began to pick up, Yoseob saw a short, blurry scene in his mind.

 

There was a piano, he could hear the same tune playing, the lighting was a dim blue, and warm brown eyes were staring at him, filled with an emotion Yoseob couldn’t name.

 

Coming back to reality, Yoseob blinked.

 

I finally get a different memory, but I still see those brown eyes. Who’s are they?? And why do I keep thinking about them?

 

He shook his head, he’d think about it later. Right now he needed help. As Doojoon played the last notes of the song Yoseob stepped into the room.

 

“I didn’t know you played the piano,”

 

Doojoon startled, then looked to the doorway. “Oh, hi Yoseob,” the leader smiled, “You surprised me. And yeah you did. You just forgot.” Doojoon patted on an empty spot on the piano bench next to him, “Come sit over here with me.”

 

Yoseob was about to say ‘I really shouldn’t. Hyseung and Dongwoon are probably looking for me,’ but something in the back of his head told him otherwise. So instead, he nodded and approached Doojoon. “What’re you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be filming?” Yoseob asked as he sat down.

 

The leader shook his head, “No, I had a doctor’s appointment today and I have recording to do later.”

 

Yoseob replied with a simple, “Oh.”

 

Doojoon played a simple melody on the piano before saying, “You know we did a duet on our debut stage. I played the piano while you did most of the singing.”

 

“We did?”

 

The older male nodded, “Yeah, we did. Wanna know what song we sang?”

 

Yoseob nodded.

 

“The same song I was playing earlier,” he replied, “Ordinary People by John Legend.”

 

“I see…Umm, Doojoon…”

 

The said male turned his head to look at Yoseob who was nervously playing with the hem of his shirt. “Yes?”

 

“Could you play it again? The song, that is. I want to hear it.”

 

Doojoon smiled warmly as he placed his fingers on the ivory keys, “Sure. Do you mind if I sing?”

 

Yoseob shook his head as he smiled back, “No, of course not.”

 

-xXx-

 

Dongwoon met up with Hyunseung who was already at the recording studio waiting for him.

 

“Did you find him?” the elder boy asked hopefully.

 

Dongwoon shook his head. “No. If I did I wouldn’t have came back by myself,” he replied bluntly.

 

“Hey,” Hyunseung gave the maknae a stern look, “don’t talk like that to me. I’m your hyung remember.”

 

“Sorry.” Dongwoon hung his head submissively.

 

“You should be.” Hyunseung said before sighing. “I guess we have to give in to defeat,” the dancer pulled his cell phone from his pocket.

 

“Are we calling Doojoon?” the younger boy asked fearfully.

 

“It’s not like we have much of a choice,” Hyunseung replied as he dialed. “He’s coming in to record today after his doctor’s appointment anyway so he shouldn’t be missing out on any filming when he gets here.”

 

Hyunseung pressed ‘call’ and the phone began to ring.

 

-xXx-

 

“…take it slow, oh~ oh oh~ This time we’ll take it slow. Take it slow oh oh~ ohh~ This time we’ll take it sloww~”

 

As Doojoon played the last few notes and sang the last few words, Yoseob felt something in his chest. He wasn’t sure what to make of it. But he liked the way it felt. Although,  before the brunet could think about it anymore, Doojoon’s brown eyes met his and the feeling in his chest became stonger. As Yoseob looked into Doojoon’s eyes, he saw something familiar. He wasn’t sure when or where, but he was sure he had seen those eyes somewhere before.

 

“Yoseob…”

 

It was then that the younger boy noticed that Doojoon’s face had gotten considerably close to his own.  His heart was, for some reason, beating very abnormally.

 

“Yoseob I...” He placed his hand on Yoseob’s shoulder.

 

“Neon jeongmal mystery, mystery, mystery, mystery
Mystery, mystery, aldagado moreu neun neo—”

 

Doojoon turned around. It was his phone.

He glared at it. Then sighed and picked it up.

 

“Yoboseyo . . . ? Oh, hey Seungie. Is anything wrong?”

 

“H-hey Doojoon. Umm…well I don’t know if it’s ‘wrong’ necessarily but…Dongwoon was watching Yoseob until he went to the bathroom and then after I finished recording we didn’t know where he went so we looked for him and I don’t think going to the bathroom takes a whole half an hour. So we thought he got lost or something so we went to look for him but after—”

 

“Wait, wait. Slow down. Who got lost?”

 

There was a pause – a sigh. “DongwoonlostYoseob.”

 

“What?”

 

“Ow! I mean – we lost Yoseob. We didn’t do it on purpose! Of course not! We just thought he was going to the bathroom. We didn’t think he’d forget his way around. It’s not really our fault. I guess he just got bored of sitting or something. Okay, well I guess it sorta is our fault but, but, it’s sorta his fault too I mean – well that is – I mean  I… Just… Pleasedon’tkillus!”

 

“…”

 

There was a shuffle and a new, deeper voice, came up on the phone. “Hyung? Are you mad?”

 

A soft chuckle. “Why would I be mad? Yoseob’s fine. He’s in the music room with me.”

 

A sigh of relief. “Okay, I thought you gonna start yelling and panicking or something. We’ll start heading over there.”
“See! I told you everything would be fine!”
“You never said that.”
“Well I was thinking it.”

“Whatever.”  
 

Doojoon smirked, “Bye Hyunseung-ah and Dongwoonie~” Click!

 

The leader turned to Yoseob, “Hyunseung and Dongwoon should be here in a bit. They were worried about you. Next time you decide to have an adventure, bring somebody with you okay? I don’t want you to really get lost.”

 

Yoseob nodded.

 

Doojoon stood up to stretch a bit, then covered the piano keys. He was about to go around and close the piano lid when he felt a hand on his arm. He looked down to Yoseob who was still sitting on the piano bench.

 

“What were you going to tell me earlier?” he asked; his puppy dog eyes filled with curiosity.  

 

Doojoon smiled softly, “I can’t tell you now. Next time okay.”

 

Yoseob slowly let go of Doojoon’s arm, “Okay.”

 

The older male went around the instrument and closed the piano lid.

 

“When will that be?”

 

“You’ll see,” he replied with a warm grin.

 

The door opened and Hyunseung and Dongwoon entered.

 

Hyunseung went to Doojoon and said something while Dongwoon ran over to Yoseob and hugged him. “Hyung! Don’t worry us like that again okay? We thought we were gonna die.”

 

Yoseob looked at Dongwoon with a puzzled expression, “Why would you think that?”

 

“Because of Doojoon of course!” the maknae said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. “He’s really protective over the things – or people – he loves.”

 

“Oh,” was what Yoseob replied with, not knowing what else to say. The brunet turned his head to look at the said leader. He was laughing at something Hyseung had said. Yoseob felt that feeling in his chest again. It was as if something were tightening around his lungs, making it hard to breathe.

Then he realized something.

 

“Dongwoon-ah,”

 

“Yes?”

 

“You can let go of me now.”

 

-xXx-

A/N: Hi~ Sorry if you guys were waiting long ^^;; Life's been a bit busy. Anyways, hopefully you enjoy this chapter ^.^
I'm aiming for the next update to be either next week, or the week after. So cross your fingers that I'll get enough time to write! 

And for those of you who were wondering about my wrist; it's a lot better now ^^ I can type with both of my hands now, Yay~ hehe :3

Oh, and if you haven't noticed, now have a banner for my fic! =D
Made it myself, and I'm pretty proud of it ^.^

Happy Holidays everybody~!!

~Mariel ♥

Replies:

@ykkahtot:
Thank you!! I'm happy you love it ^^
Thanks for commenting~ <3

@xAzn4Lifex3:
No, it wasn't your fault ^^ I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. And thanks for commenting on my LJ too lol

@tinypanda:
Thank you~! ^^ I'm glad you like it so far. Hopefully the next update will be soon :)
Thanks for reading and commenting ^^

@leejaehwa7:
Hehe~ thanks, I'm happy you like it.
Thanks for the comment~

@yeahyejun:
Hi new reader~ =D *gives cookies* 
Sorry ^^;; I'll try to update faster next time. 
Thanks for reading and commenting~! I'm happy that you're enjoying it so far ^^

@SHINeeDood:
Thanks for the comment ^^
And I'm glad you love it hehe~ <3

@Yas__22:
I'm glad you love it :) 'cause if I didn't, there wouldn't be any point in me writing would there? lol
Thanks for reading and commenting~!!! <33 ^w^