The Flashback (pt. I)

Kaluluwang Ligaw (The Lost Soul)

"Siwon, are you sure that you’re not going to eat lunch with us?" one teacher ask the man.

"Uhm, no, but thanks. I have more paper works to do. Anyway, I have brought my food in the locker and, while I'm working these papers, I'll eat at the same time." Siwon assured.

He was left in the teachers' office alone. It was so silent that only the ticking of the clock was heard. When Siwon was almost half, finishing the lessons, he then prepared his food. He walked to the locker room which is also inside the teachers' office. The keys unlocked its padlock and when he opens his locker there appeared a small square container where his food was put.

The lad then walked back to his table. Before eating, he cleaned his table, the papers placed on the organizer; the pen was in the pen holder. After he cleaned up, he placed his food, then he seated.

He opened the small box, and then lifted his chopsticks. "Jal meogeosumnida!" He said before plunging his chopsticks on the food.

After he had finished eating, Siwon, went to the office’s restroom. As he was brushing his teeth, he suddenly, heard a bang outside. The loud sound was coming from the locker room. He assumed that it’s his colleagues that already went back from eating. But no voices were heard when he expected that his colleagues went back.

He latter finishes the tooth brushing and rushed to the locker room's entrance. At the entrance, the lad saw a cat on the top of the locker staring at him.

"Oh! Hello there... Kitty." he said dumbly while waving his hand at the black feline breed.

The little cat just gave him a deep stare and a slight meow. Siwon entered the room and approached the little animal. His tall height and long arms gave him an advantage to reach for the cat that was on the top of the locker.

"How did you get here little buddy? I better get you outside." he again talked to the said animal. The lad was caressing its fur when he heard another sound that caught his attention. It's echoing all over the office. It was a giggling laugh. A lady like laugh. Siwon's steps then now brought him to the locker room's door. Slowly searching for the source of the sound.

Clock ticking. Heart beating.

He was still holding the animal, following the sound. Siwon's eyes widened when he saw a woman wearing a blood stained-uniform. Her long black hair covered her face; her skin is pale white as if she already ran out of blood all over her body. The white lady's feet don’t touch the floor. She's floating!

Goosebumps! His breath racing faster and his body shuddered. Fear filled Siwon's body that it brought him the floor sitting, he let go of the cat. He's crawling back not wanting the ghost to touch him. The ghost bows and moving her face closer to Siwon's. The lad stiffened with closed eyes. Her long black hair now revealed her face; it was a face Siwon is familiar with. He knows her. Her red eyes stared deeply at her victim.

Siwon gulped at the image he is seeing right now. Adrenaline rush filled his body, without hesitation, he moved and ran quickly at the office's door and ran away.

While running, his memories went back to the moments he wished that didn't happened.

8 years ago...

Siwon was a senior student in Danwoon higschool who has great looks and a charismatic appeal. Every girl in the school could never deny that. Some girls also had a crush on him. But none of them caught his heart. When a freshman once came and he met her. Her name is Yoona. From the first time he saw the young lady, he already knew that she was the girl for him. He liked her. Yoona, joined the organization which Siwon was one of the members. It's the theater acting organization. Siwon is not only a member, but also the President of the said org. He was happy when he saw Yoona had her audition for the org. It couldn't be denied that Yoona, is also a really good actress, that is why, she was accepted as a member. And now, takes the lead roles for their plays. During practices, Yoona always asks Siwon for tips and advices on how to improve more of her acting skills. Because of that, the two became friends and Siwon's feelings for Yoona, grew deeper as well.

 

"Siwon oppa! Wait for me!" a voice coming from behind Siwon about four meters away.

The lad paused, and turned his head to the source of the voice and waved, "Hey Yoona! I thought you were in the school gym already?"

The tall girl then ran towards her senior "I planned to go there directly after class, but I forgot these." Showing a paper bag of costumes, "I left these at the dorm, so i went back there to get these."

Siwon pinched his chin while looking at the costumes, "Oh! Let me get that, I'll help you carry them." He reached for the paper bag.

Now, Yoona and Siwon walked heading to the school gym for their play's dress rehearsal.

Snowhite (Yoona) took a bite of an apple the old woman gave her. After the princess took the bite of the fruit, she fainted. And she falls to the ground. Her seven dwarfs laid her body in beautiful flattened tree trunk. It was surrounded with different kinds of flowers. Snowhite (Yoona) was sleeping prettily. The seven dwarfs then surrounded the lying princess, until a handsome prince (Siwon) enters the scene. He approached the sleeping princess.

"She's so beautiful." Said the prince (Siwon).

Siwon stared closely to the playing dead Yoona. He was captivated by his friend's angelic beauty. Right! You are indeed beautiful. He thought. His heart beats faster than the usual, his eyes, and straight to the pink lips of Yoona. Everything about her was so perfectly beautiful. He was captivated by her beauty.

One of the sobbing dwarves came to the prince. "Maybe you will be the one who can save our Snowhite. Only a kiss of true love can wake her up from this deep sleep."

The prince glanced at the dwarf and, "That is why I came here."

Slowly, the prince moved his head closer to the princess. His face close to the princess'. He is now going to kiss the sleeping girl. Until their lips met. And Snowhite slowly opened her eyes. Caught the prince kissing her. And different colored petals and confetti fall all over the place. After the magical kiss, Snowhite got up and assisted by the prince, she went down from her death bed and they sang and dance to the music.

Everybody clapped and was grateful for the success of their dress rehearsal. From the actors and actresses, to the prop's men, to the director and writers congratulated each other.

"Great! Congratulations everybody! You did well! So were all done, and I believe our audience would probably be amazed with our team!“ said their director.

When everyone finished cleaning up, the director of the play advised them to go home.  "Okay, you can go home now! Thanks everybody, see you tomorrow. Take care."

It's already 9 in the evening when everyone except Yoona and Siwon left the school. "Oppa, I have to go now."

"Oh, wait I'll drive you to the dorm. You know it's not safe to go home or going back to your dorm alone rather at this hour."

"Oh, well, if you are offering a ride. I won't refuse it. Since you were right oppa." Yoona agreed. After the word said by Yoona, Siwon felt a joyful feast inside his heart as if fireworks bursted inside from accepting his offer.


Flashback ends…
 

He is now backing to his self. Running away from the ghost of Yoona. Siwon was haunted by Yoona. While running, unexpectedly, he bumped into a small figured body that was walking in his way.

"Ouch!" the girl, pushed down to the floor rubbing her hurt .

Sunny? He thought to himself. "Oh Sorry!" Then he continues to run. He just left the student on the floor. The lad didn't know where he was going until he reached outside the school building. He stopped to breathe some fresh air. The scorching heat of the sun, hits his skin. He looked up to the sky and tears fell from his eyes. His knees got week from running, so it gave in, making him kneel to the ground. He was all alone, sobbing at the thoughts of Yoona.

Until the moments again flashed in his sight...

Everyone clapped and stood up at the beautiful theatrical presentation of Siwon's organization. Each of the members was gladly shocked at the standing ovation they received from the audience. Different people was present in the audience, there are parents, students, some of the school's teachers and friends.

After the play, and all the lights out, Yoona congratulated Siwon for doing a great job. The lad did congratulate the young woman as well. "Thanks for teaching me some techniques on how to improve my skills." Yoona said. Siwon chuckled, "No problem Yoong." The girl smiled at him, another man approached the two and made a fake cough sound, "ehem!", the two glanced at him, "Oh! Siwon oppa, meet my boyfriend, Lee Seung Gi."

Heart breaks.

 

Every word that Yoona said was echoing again and again in Siwon's mind. Meet My boyfriend. Lee Seunggi then reached his hand to Siwon, then the heart broken man hesitantly reached for the other man's hand. Tears almost coming out of Siwon's eyes. But he held it. Not to show Yoona that he was broken hearted from what was just revealed in front of him.

"Actualy, oppa, I really want it to tell you since our practice for the Snowhite. But I can't steal a time. Because we're busy for the play."

"But right now, you've already introduced me to him." Said Lee Seungi, then the man faced to Siwon, "I have heard a lot from you Siwon ssi. Yoona really was fascinated by acting that is why you have guided and helped her with this. Thanks for that bro. I can't be so proud like this having a very good actress girlfriend." He added. "Oh, we have to go. Mom and dad were waiting outside. They want to celebrate the success of the play." Yoona interrupted. "Siwon oppa, we have to go now, so see you tomorrow." She added while beginning to pull Lee Seungi to her side and walked away. The broken hearted man then waved at the couple until, they're gone out of sight.

The lad's tears almost fell, when, "You like her don't you?" another voice coming behind Siwon interrupted. The young man then turned his face to the source of voice. A lady with long blonde curly hair. She has a pinkish white skin tone and has a very pretty face. Having a half foreign blood was visible in her physical features. She's a half American-Korean. "And who are you?" Siwon asked.

Who is this girl? How can he affect Siwon's life?