The Cabinet

Kaluluwang Ligaw (The Lost Soul)

Tall trees are dancing through strong winds and darkness filled all over the place. Lightning roars and thunder strikes constantly. Heavy rain falling. She was running so fast as if a starving monster was chasing her and wanting to devour her. Her footsteps made sounds while hitting the mud. Also, some stones and rocks would rip some part of her feet's skin. She's barefooted. She was running for her life, she never even turned her head back. She kept her speed constantly to make sure she never lost her track.

The short girl bumped into something, and she then widened her eyes as she saw it as the lightning gave a light to the forest.

A big trunk was blocking her way; it's a trunk from a fallen tree! Still, the rain falls so heavy making her body shiver. Her body is now getting weak, her panting getting faster as the poor brunette wraps her arms around her body. Shivering. It's cold!

Time is running out! She needs to pass through that big tree. Despite the strong howling rain, suddenly, a sound got her attention; the sound was coming from behind one of the standing tall tree on her right. Slowly, she approached the tall tree and was trying to look for the source of the sound. Lightning strikes! The young lady found out that the source of the sound was coming from a little boy. The boy was about 5-7 years old; he is wearing a school uniform, he has a deep black hair and a pale white skin.

"Hello?" She said while slowly moving her body to the tree to lean on it to get a good grip.

Lightning. Thunder!

He lifted his head and gazed at the girl in front of him.

Lightning. Thunder!

"Why are you here? What are you doing here?" She asked.

Without any response, he stands up and opens his mouth. His open mouth, slowly, opened bigger and bigger, and his teeth are growing sharper just like the teeth of a shark but bigger compared to it. The boy transformed into a monster! She stiffened thinking she was moving backwards but didn’t, so she screamed at the top of her lungs as the monster's big open mouth and sharp teeth was coming closer to her head.

"Huh!" Sunny woke up from a nightmare. Sweat filled her whole body. The lamp on the top of her bedside table was lit up and it made the little clock beside it visible. She saw the time, its 3:00 in the morning.

"It was just a dream Sunny." Tapping her face with her two palms. She gets her eyeglasses from the bedside table and wore it. She got up from her bed and went outside her bedroom. She walked on the hallway, it was quiet. The short figured young lady searched for something. And it was her best friend's room. The room she was looking for was just two rooms apart from her room.

Her clenched hand attempted to knock the door, but she gave herself a second thought, she held the door knob and turned it instead. It’s not locked?

Without hesitation, Sunny went slowly inside her friend’s room, "Taeyeon?" She called quietly.

"Taeyeon..." slowly approaching her friend’s bed. Her small voice awaken her sleeping friend.

"Mmm." The other brunette answered.

The frightened girl immediately slid under Taeyeon's blanket.

"Taeyeon, I'm scared." she said as she covered her curving body with the other girl's blanket.

Taeyeon was observing her, and she reached her hand to her friend’s arm, "Hey, come here you scared bunny." She pulled the frightened brunette upwards to let her head rest on her own pillow.

Their eyes met. Taeyeon is aware of the emotions that Sunny is feeling. As a best friend, she does not want to let Sunny feel down, alone or scared. Especially when seeing some of the students in their school bully her.

The older girl took off the younger girl's eyeglasses, "Why are you scared Sunny?"
She asked.

"I had a nightmare, I was in the forest, someone was chasing me, I couldn't see him, but I can feel him. I ran away, I was scared Teayeon, I feel like it’s real. Then, I saw a boy. And he turned into a monster, then...."

"Okay, okay... Stop it there Sunny." Taeyeon interrupted. "I know now, and then he ate you again? That's why you came here, right?"

Sunny shifted her look away from her friend, avoiding the look from Teayeon and she answered. "Taeyeon, I don't know why I always dream those kind of things?"

"I'm not sure Sunny. That is why I always leave my door unlocked, because I know, anytime, when you had a nightmare, you always sneak in my room." She smiled.

Best friend is someone that you can always lean on. That is Taeyeon. Sunny returned her gaze at her mother like best friend and hugged her.

"Thanks Teayeon. You are the only friend I have."

"I will always be right beside you. Okay, we better sleep now, we still have class tomorrow."

Her hands moved up to Sunny's hair and caressed it, until them both fell asleep.

....

"Wake up you Scared Bunny, let's now prepare for school. I know it will going to be a busy day. Lots of school projects to do!" A wide grin drawn from Taeyeon's face.

Sunny stretched out her arms and yawned. "Mmm. Okay eonni!"

"Ya! We were born at the same year Sunny, so don't call that as if we have ten years ." She said defensively.

"But you are still older than me Taeyeon, older by two months." They both chuckled at their morning conversation.

....

The two were chitchatting while they were heading to their respective classrooms. They once again met the four ladies who always bully Sunny.

"Oops! Where are you going nerdy?!" A girl with a round shaped face and a long brown hair said while blocking Sunny her way.

With a raised tone, Taeyeon can't prevent herself from interrupting "Leave her alone Kyeongeon eonni!"

Another girl who's an inch taller than Taeyeon came and pointed her finger at her. "And who are you? Her knight in shining armor?!" Her ponytailed hair made her more elegant from bullying the two young short figured ladies.

The four girls laughed.

Everyone stopped laughing when suddenly; everyone heard a crunchy slap that landed on Kyeongeon's face.

"OH!" She said with eye wide in front of a staring Sunny, the three remaining girls were raged in anger seeing their friend is being slapped by someone they know as a nobody.

Teayeon was also shocked upon the action made by her friend. She immediately walked in front of the unmoved Sunny.

"You! B****!" Said Kyeongeon while cupping her hurt cheek. The three other girls are going to attack Sunny, when their slapped friend, stopped them.

"Don't guys! Don't do it. You'll see later, you nerdy! B****!" She then turned to her three friends and walked, "Let's go."

The four girls leaved the two small figured ladies.

Taeyeon turned to Sunny, "Are you okay? You know, you did great Sunny. But I was just a little shocked about what you did." Then she smiled.

Without any response from her friend aside the look from her, Taeyeon sighed and just held Sunny's hand and walked.

....
Before Sunny entered her classroom, Taeyeon said something to Sunny, "Text me after class, okay? I'll be going to my classroom now."

Sunny nodded on her friend's request.

Chitchats, loud laughs and some bullying are what Sunny's classmates doing inside the classroom. It suddenly stopped when they saw her enter the classroom. Eyes glued on the brunette wearing glasses. She felt like those stares are like double edged sword that cuts through her body revealing her insides. Instead of giving them a time, Sunny just ignored those eyes glued to her. By her head bowed, she sat on her seat at the back portion of the classroom.

"Class! Please go back to your seats!" The teacher commanded the students while he was placing his things in the table in front.  Everybody stopped from staring at Sunny and gave their attention to their seonsaengnim. Then, the students immediately returned to their own seats, they bowed and greeted,

"Good morning Siwon Seonsaengnim!"

After that, they seated snappily. Sunny noticed two of her classmates giggling. She knew that it was because of their teacher Siwon. Siwon is a newly hired teacher in Baehwa High School. The school is a private institution which is exclusive for girls only. Truly! Siwon has a handsome face, his stance is really manly. He has always a clean cut hairstyle. To sum it all he is like the heartthrob from a boy band who chose to be a teacher. That is why most of the students giggle, every time they meet him in the class or just in the hallway.

 

The two giggling girls caught Sunny looking at them. And they just gave her a what are you looking at? Stare then ignored Sunny. The brunette also did the same.
 

Kriiiiiiing!!!!

"Okay class, let's continue our lesson tomorrow. Goodbye."

Everyone except Sunny moved out of the classroom. She was scanning her notes when she felt her phone vibrated in her skirt's pocket. As she checks it, the message appeared to be from Taeyeon.

I'll wait for you at the lobby.


Uhm, I'm sorry Taeng ssi but, I still have to go to the library because I have some research to do.
 

Do you want me to accompany you?


No, it's all right. I can manage. :-)


You sure?
 

Yeah.


Well, okay, see you later. I anticipate to go in the dorm. ;-)

After the electronic conversation between the two, Sunny, packed her things and walked towards the door. The hallway was silent. No student is heard or seen playing. The ray of the setting sun passes through the windows which give a shade of color orange, colloids revealed when the sun strikes. Sunny walked, heading to the library which is located in the building next to the freshmen's building.

Sunny felt something mysterious, a feeling that made her heart beat faster and her feet walk faster. She thought that someone was following her.

And yes, there is someone following her. Every time Sunny turns her head back to confirm if someone is behind her, nothing shows... Her skin started to perspire. Her palms become cold.

She paused and lifted her head, "Who's there?!" She checks. But no one answered. She continued to walk until she reached the library's entrance. Slowly as Sunny moved her hand to the door knob, a hand come from behind covered and another arm held her waist so that, she won’t be able to escape.

"Mm!mm!" Sunny screamed under her kidnapper's hand.

"Put her blind fold." A familiar voice said that she heard coming from her back, Sunny realize that it’s not only one person who’s trying to kidnap her. There are four of them. Semi eonni? She said to herself. Another person removed her eyeglasses and put her blindfold. She was struggling and shuddering as well. Four hands are now holding the short figured lady to make sure that even she struggle, she can't escape from their grip. Hyojin then removed her hand from Sunny's mouth after she was blindfolded.

"Do you think we just want to let you do that?! We won't tolerate you Sunny." Hyojin said while she's tightening her hold at Sunny's arm.

"What do you really want from me Eonni? Mm! Mm!" Once again, Hyojin's hand covered Sunny's mouth. "Can you please shut up you Nerd B****?!"

Kyeonghwa and Hyojin were making their best to prevent Sunny in making noise or struggle. While they were walking in the hallway, they passed by the stairs going down the building's stockroom, where, old school facilities and even dorm facilities are placed there. Semi led the two girls holding their captive while Kyeongeon moved ahead the four of them to open the stockroom and looked for a place where Sunny should be placed.

"Tie her hands. And put this handkerchief in ." Semi said to Kyeongeon as she handed the handkerchief to her team mate. Then Kyeongeon did as what she was commanded.

The two girls then pushed Sunny on the floor facing it. "Ugh! Mm! Mm!" Sunny still screaming with all her strength that even she felt is getting scratchy now. Her hands are positioned just like a letter X then a duct tape was wrapped around it to make sure her hands are tightly tied. After placing everything, they made sure that Sunny won't be able to flee from her captors. Hyojin and Kyeonghwa grab Sunny to stand up. Then Kyeongeon opened one of the old cabinets in the area which Sunny's body could exactly fit inside.

"Mm! Mm! Mm!" Sunny struggled while the two girls are pushing her to get inside the cabinet. Kyeongeon closed the door and Semi inserted the thick chains she was holding on the cabinet's handle bars. She ties the chain just like of making knots in a rope and then, inserted the padlock in between the chains' holes.

 

“Make a way to get out of there girl.” Said Kyeonghwa as she and her friends were approaching the stockroom door.


The girls laughed loudly as they left Sunny inside the cabinet screaming, crying for help and stocked.