Revenge

Kaluluwang Ligaw (The Lost Soul)

Taeyeon came out of her room and saw Sunny also walking in the hallway heading down the dorm. Where is she going at this time? It’s already late. Teayeon thought to herself as she let her stare follow her friend’s figure. Because of curiosity, the older brunette followed the younger brunette silently. As she was following her friend, she realized that she was now going out of the dorm. It is amazing that it is easy for Sunny to get out of the dorm that easy.

While walking to the path leading to the school campus, Sunny paused and turned her head back to see if something suspicious was happening behind her back. Or she was having a gut feeling that someone was following her.

By fast reflexes, Taeyeon, immediately hides behind some trees and bushes to not let Sunny see her follow. A strange thought strikes her mind that made her heart beat so fast.

When Sunny reached a building, she searches all over the place to check if someone was following her. Silence confirmed that no one was following her. Teayeon realized that they reached the building where she rescued Sunny before. That was the time when her friend was locked by the seniors in the school stockroom, next to the library, inside that building.

Sunny entered the building and walked inside. The older brunette was right! Her feet, led her to the stockroom. Silently, Taeyeon, still followed, she tried to not let Sunny notice her. The eye glassed brunette pulled something clinging from her pocket and inserted it into the padlock. CLICK! It opened. As the shorter brunette entered the stockroom, a struggling lying body encountered her gaze. Hands and feet tied, mouth taped. Tears producing eyes and that pleads met her. It was her senior. Kyeongeon. At last! The last Life she wants to take, to fulfill her revenge.

“’Hello their eonni.” Sunny greeted sarcastically, walking towards her victim and pulled her through the hair.

Kyeongeon winced in pain when the shorter brunette pulled her hair. She was pulled higher that made her sob more. Sunny then removed the tape that covers Kyeongeon’s mouth.

“Please. Sunny, let me go. Please let me live. I still have dreams to fulfill. Even my friend’s dreams, I want to fulfill.” Kyeongeon pleaded to her captor. “Because of you, I’ve got my life miserable. You built hatred in my heart.” Sunny replied.

“Please forgive me for what I have done to you. So please let me go. I promise not to bully you again.”

Sunny laughed at Kyeongeon’s statement. “Do you think I’m that stupid to believe you? Huh?!” she replied and again, she laughed.

Sunny and Kyeongeon didn’t know that someone was watching them.

Teayeon’s tears, started to slide down her cheeks when she saw Sunny holding Kyeongeon violently. Guilt, sadness and hurt pierced her heart. She can’t believe, that what she saw and heard is done by her only love, her only friend, Sunny.

Taeyeon sniffled that reverberated inside the stockroom. She didn’t know that Sunny heard it.

“I know, you followed. Come out! I know you’ve heard it all!” Sunny said while still holding Kyeongeon’s hair and not looking at the back.

Taeyeon wiped her tears and was shaking, for she knows that Sunny already knew that she noticed her. GULP! Taeyeon, slowly steps backwards and faced to the stairs getting ready to run away. But in a blink of an eye, Sunny blocked her way.

Taeyeon widened her eyes as she was surprised that Sunny blocked her way in just a moment.

The shorter brunette lifted her index finger moving it from left to right, “Uh uh uh? Where are you going my ONLY BEST FRIEND?” she asked with a smirk leading Teayeon to walk backwards heading to the stockroom’s door.

“Sun… Sunny… Please release Kyeongeon. Please forgive her; she has not done anything to you anymore.”

“Really? For all of those things she and her friends did to me? You just want me to forgive her? Hahahaha! NO WAY!”

…  

An image of Lori in her room appeared in front of Siwon. The room was all white that it made it brighter. The lady was sitting on her bed with her head bowed down. She was swinging her feet back and forth. Siwon wondered how he got into Lori’s room. The light in the room suddenly flickered. It made him dizzy. As the light exchanges from turning on and turning off and so on, the lady was still peacefully sitting on her bed swinging her feet. In a moment of darkness to brightness, the lady’s figure was suddenly gone. Siwon tried to look for Lori’s body. Then, the light stopped flickering and returned to giving brightness to the room again. After a minute of light, the light turned off. It only took a minute when the light returned again and the man jolted when he saw Lori was already one foot away standing in front of him. Siwon was taken aback by the sudden image appeared in front of him. The lady standing in front of him was holding a screw driver pointing unto her own temple. Dark circles are around Lori’s eyes, showing that she has already been drowned into deep emotional and mental breakdown.

Shaking, Siwon reached out his hand toward the lady attempting a suicide, “Please Lori, don’t do it, we could still fix it.”

Lori replied only with a smirk slowly pushing the pointed object unto her temple. Siwon could not take it anymore so he grabbed the sick lady’s hand to prevent her from doing such dangerous act. “I said! Don’t do it!” he said trying to get the screw driver from Lori’s hand. But, Lori’s other hand pushed him away and Siwon was shocked that she has such an extraordinary strength despite the strength he exerted to prevent her from killing herself. He then bounced from the wall for such a strong push made by the lady. Lori succeeded to keep Siwon away from her distance and quickly pierced her temple with the pointed object.

Siwon witnessed the suicidal that Lori did that made his voice raced and tears slide, “Noooo!”

Sweat filled Siwon’s body as he woke up from a deep nightmare. He was panting as if he ran a 100 Meter dash challenge.

22:00. Was the figure written on the digital alarm clock that was placed beside Siwon’s bedside table. Drowsiness isn’t visiting him anymore, because of that; he got up from his bed. The man’s feet slipped thought his sleepers. Siwon was wearing thin pajamas and a sleeveless Tee. The cabinet opened and t-shirt and long pants were pulled from it.

The dream he had made him drive to the mental institution. But a scream coming from nowhere strikes his ears. Siwon brakes and stopped his car. He saw Sunny crossing the street as his car’s headlight strikes her body. Siwon then, gave a second thought of going to school instead. The steering wheel made it’s turn to the left, leading to the Baehwa Higschool.

He reached the school and saw the gate’s open. Siwon came out of the car and ran inside. It was audible that even the source of the scream was so far away, he still managed to follow the sound. That it is because of the premonition.

Siwon ran and ran until he reached the said building where the three students were inside. It is strange that the man didn’t know what he was doing, but because of this gut feeling, it led him to reach this place. He then saw the stockroom’s door open, and scream became louder and louder. He doesn’t know who’s voice it is but all he was feeling was someone needs his rescue.

The man slowly walked to not let his thumping be heard. The sound of a crying girl was heard inside. Until he saw the three people inside. He started to recognize the eye glassed brunette when her chuckle was heard. Sunny? Siwon thought.

“I want all your blood to fill this place.” Sunny said while enjoying in caressing her victims with screw driver.

She stopped when a voice coming from the door shouted. “Hey! I know you’re not Sunny! Let go of them!”

Sunny then faced to the stockroom door and saw the man that shouted at her. “Oh hello Siwon. It’s been a while since we saw each other. Did you remember the time the last time we saw each other?”

Siwon’s eye browse met upon Sunny’s question. The short brunette then loosens her grip from her victims and slowly headed to the man’s direction. Siwon slowly moved backwards, but she was so fast like a flashy lightning that strikes immediately in his front.

Sunny’s face was drawn nearer to Siwon’s face. “Did you remember the last time we saw each other?” she asked with eye wide open. The man stiffened and as if he was tied, he cannot move. “Sun… Sunny…”

“I know you know me.” she interrupted. Still the two victims were struggling to loosen the rope from their hands.

“Mm! MMM!” the two young ladies simultaneously screamed. “Yoona! Let go of them! Get out of Sunny’s body!”

Everybody stopped when the environment and the place they were changed. It is like the stockroom transformed into a roof top. Teayeon, Kyeongeon and Siwon, were like amazed with the transformation of the place but at the same time, they were still scared for what will happen next.

Sunny didn’t notice that Teayeon found to have loosen her tie. She was now almost free. Silently and secretly, Teayeon made to fully untie the rope from her hand, after that, she proceeded to untying Kyeongeon’s rope as well.

Yoona has now taken over Sunny’s body. The eye glassed brunette’s soul fought for her body, but the ghost was too strong. Yet, she is still able to hear and recognize what exactly is happening outside her body. She felt she was kept in a small dark room with even no light entering to it. She felt a pinch of regret in her hurt which she shouldn’t let Yoona reign over her body.

Sunny attacked Siwon and pushed him to the wall holding his neck. Siwon started to hold the brunette’s arm and started to utter words, “Yoo… Yoona, I… I am sorry, please forgive me. Please let go of Sunny’s body.”

Sunny’s eyes were ferocious as if she wants to devour her victim, “How dare you for asking forgiveness and caring for someone you don’t even know?! You were a good actor! You have always been my adviser since we’ve become friends. But you broke my trust. I thought you are a good man! I thought you were my friend!” Yoona (in Sunny’s body) replies with a very rough and loud voice. “You’ve got everything you wanted to me. You me! You locked me in the cabinet! Are you happy now!?” she added.

“I… did…not… meant it… Yoon… ah.” The man replied.

Wind came and ruined everything in the roof top. It gave a sign of great tension and wrath of the revengeful soul!

On the other hand, Teayeon and Kyeongeon ran on the corner part of the rooftop. But Teayeon could not take to look on the scene in front of her so she ran and planned to prevent Sunny from killing the seonsaengnim. Kyeongeon just stared helplessly at the action of the brunette running towards the demon possessed friend.

I want my Sunny back. She told herself while running towards the shorter brunette and clenching her fists.