The Silhouette

Kaluluwang Ligaw (The Lost Soul)

"Oh! Look! Someone survived hell last night." Kyeongeon uttered to her friends facing the two young ladies walking in the hallway leading to the cafeteria.

Semi walked closer to Sunny, "So you got saved by this b**** in shining armor of yours huh?"

With courage, Sunny retorted, "Don't call her that? If you want trouble, please don't implicate her with your stupid plans."

Kyeonghwa laughed sarcastically "Woah! Look at her girls, she knows now how to answer." facing her friends but pointing her finger to Sunny, she then shifted her gaze back to the girl wearing an eyeglass, "Don't you have manners? Why do you speak to your seniors like that? Do you know me?! Do you know us?!"

Sunny just stared at them with looks like she wants to crush the four of them, but in reality, she couldn't. "We know you, but can you please stop bullying Sunny?! She hasn't even done anything to you!" Taeyeon then interrupted grabbing Sunny's wrist and pulled her going to the canteen.

The four bullies were left shocked on Taeyeon's interruption. "You'll see b****es!" Kyeongeon murmured while clenching her fists.

"I won't let them do it again Sunny." Taeyeon uttered while she softly pulls Sunny to their seat in the cafeteria. The two young women sat facing each other on the seats located in front of the cafeteria counter on the side with a window. Sunny facing the counter while Taeyeon on the other way.

"Thanks Taeng, maybe I could've been locked again in that cabinet." Sunny said worriedly, still fear visible in her face.

Changing the topic, Taeyeon asked Sunny about what she would eat for snack. "Maybe I would just have chicken sandwich and mango juice this time." Sunny answered while holding her chin, pushing her head upward and her eyes on the cafeteria counter.

"Ok, it's my treat." Said the older girl drawing a smile with her pink lips. A shy nod is what only Sunny expressed to her generous friend.

When Taeyeon was buying their food, the brunette then, took a sight in the window and someone caught her attention. She saw a girl, taller than her and has a black long hair walking alone. Also, the girl has a very angelic face with placid actions like a typical conservative lady. Sunny's gaze followed the woman to whatever direction she goes. A thought came to her mind that the lady she is looking at seems to be familiar.

"Sunny!" an echo says her name... "Sunny."  The small figured lady shook her head and found Taeyeon pouting.

"Huh?"

"Sunny, are you listening? Obviuosly, not. I said, mango juice isn't available, so I just bought pineapple juice for you."

"Oh! I'm sorry Taeyeon ssi, I thought you were still in the counter."

"I have been speaking here for about five minutes. And only to find out that you weren't listening." Taeyeon complained while unwrapping her food.

"I'm sorry Taeng. But thanks for this treat. I appreciate it." Sunny answered.

"It's okay Sunny. But anyway, what are you looking outside? Something wrong?" The  brunnette asked.

"Ah, uhm... I think, I saw an unfamiliar student here Taeng. She walked there." Pointing to the spot where she saw the tall girl. "But I think also that, I've seen her. I just don't know where, when and how?" she added confusingly with her eye browse almost met.

After the two young ladies had finished their snacks, they then moved out from the cafeteria. They are now going to their respective classes. It was silent; they were not talking to each other. Only their breaths are heard from each other. Suddenly, Sunny felt dizzy. She paused and cupped her head with her left hand.

"Taeng..." with her other hand, she clenched her friend's shoulder hardly. Then Taeyeon got panicked on what had happened next. The shorter girl fell to the ground and only heard her friend calling her name slowly fading.

"Sunny!...Sunny!...please wake up...Sunny...."

Then her sight gets blurry. Taeyeon's image with worried expression, slowly fading from her sight. Blackness. Darkness filled it all.

Four hours have passed when Sunny got her consciousness back. She still felt a little drowsy from the nap she had, caused by the collapse. As her eyelids slid open, she realized that she was neither in her room nor in the places she usually go. But this place still looks familiar. All she can see is whiteness all over the place. She was lying on a bed covered with white bed sheets. White curtains surrounds the area. Right! Sunny was rushed to the school clinic. Taeyeon was not around when the brunette woke up. Because the other girl was advised to attend her class and it's a nurse's responsibility to take care of the dizzied young lady.

"Ahhk!" hands moved to Sunny's head as she was shifting her position to sitting position. She looked around as if she was looking for a person. An expectation strikes her, thinking Taeyeon was around once she wakes up. But her friend wasn't there. She's alone, totally alone. Her eyeglasses were put on the table beside her bed. She picked it up and wore it. She then felt a relief her vision got clearer.

Again, the girl with the eyeglasses checks the area. Her gaze was traveling all around the place. Sunny thought of getting out of the bed when a figure of a woman appeared on the other side of the curtain in front of her.

"Miss?" she asked on the standing silhouette. She heard no response so she thought that it was Taeyeon.

"Taeyeon?" still no response.

Because of curiosity, Sunny then got out of the bed and went to the curtain to check who’s that figure belongs. Her hand slowly slid the curtain when a nurse suddenly interrupted Sunny's investigative actions.

"Omo!" She said.

She's jolted by the sudden entrance of the white uniformed woman.

"Oh, so you're awake!" Said the nurse.

Sunny's mouth left open but no words were heard.

"Here is your medecine. You're stressed. Your physical condition is degraded. So you need to take these medicines to supply your body's needs."

Sunny knew what caused her physical conditions. And it's because of being locked inside the cabinet for almost five hours. Without Taeyeon that saved her, maybe she would be buried by now.

"Eonni, I think someone needed your assistance outside?" Sunny pointing her index finger on the side where she saw the silhouette.

"Huh? What are you talking about? You're the only one whose been admitted here."

"What? Uhm... Maybe she's another colleague of yours?"
Sunny corrected.

"But I am the only one who’s assigned to this shift."

The brunette walked near the curtain and slid it open, "But she was standing here. I saw her here. Really."

The nurse sighed at her patient when she saw nothing but only a space. Then she offered the medicine to the sick young lady.

"That is why you have to take these medicines. Because stress sometimes causes some hallucinations."

The sickened young lady then walked towards the white uniformed woman to get her medicine. She believed it, but she was certain of what her eyes just saw.

Sighing Sunny then took the medicines.

"Alright, alright, I'll take it."

After ten minutes. Gradually, the effects of the medicines were felt inside her body. The nurse then advised Sunny to take more rest. But the sickened girl asked her a favor. "But can I take a rest at my room back at the dorm?" she asked. "Uh, yes, as long as you won't go anywhere that may cause you more stress. So you better just stay at your room."

"Okay eonni." Thanked Sunny. Raising her right hand with clenched fists.

It's two in the afternoon when Sunny was walking in the hallway to go back to the dorm. She heard fast footsteps approaching. Racing feet echoing in the hallway. As it slowly getting closer to her. The sound is getting louder and louder. Then unexpectedly, a tall person bumped into her causing her to fall.

"Ouch!" she rubbed at her .

"I'm sorry." the man said and then he continued to run, leaving the bumped girl to the floor. But Sunny recognized the man. It was her seonsaengnim. Siwon. Why is he running like that? Is someone chasing him? Sunny thought with eyebrowse met, while rubbing her .


 

Just a very short chapter.

Thank you for reading my FanFic. Thank you for patiently waiting at my updates. But I just want to say that my next update maybe would be next week. Because, I would be probably be busy this week. Thanks for understanding. Love Love Love!