The Departure

Kaluluwang Ligaw (The Lost Soul)

Sunny, was sitting on the chair beside her bed. She was doing something, in the midst of darkness, and only the table lamp provided the light for it. Her eyes were almost closing but she's fighting to not fall asleep until she finishes it.

After that activity, she slowly stood up. And she folded a piece of paper, she closed her eyes and placed the piece of paper on her chest, as if hugging it and then, she inhaled deeply and breathed out quickly.

Sunny pushed her chair backward so she can walk. The doorknob turned and the door opened slowly. She walked silently to not let her steps reverberate through the corridor. Sunny then headed to the counter of the center where she was taken care of. The man on the counter was busy reading newspaper so that he would not fall asleep in the middle of his shift.

"Excuse me." Sunny interrupted. The man put down the newspaper and turned his eyes on the figure in front of him. "Oh Sunny. What are you doing here? It's already late at night?"

"Oppa, I just wanted to give this to you." Sunny said while reaching out the paper to the man.

He reached for it, "Aaaaw. Is this for me?"

"Uhm, actualy, that isn't for you oppa." She grinned while scratching her head.

"So... To whom is this for?" The man asked.

Sunny was shy to say to whom she wants to give the piece of paper, and her cheeks turned red. Because of that, the man smiled and guessed what was the young lady wants to convey.

"Ahuh! So is this for your special someone?" He again asked while pointing his finger upward as if he had thought of a bright idea. Sunny was still shy to answer so she just nodded as a sign of confirmation.

The two then made a deal about something that the two of them only knew. This deal will be happening if Taeyeon would ever visit her to say their goodbyes to each other.

....

Taeyeon zipped her luggage on the top of her bed and she pulled it down to the floor. She dusts off of her hands as if there were dusts from it. All of her things were already packed and organized inside the luggage.

"Eomma! I'm ready!" She signaled to her mother. Once Taeyeon's mother heard it, she ran to her daughter's room and helped her pull the heavy luggage. But they paused, when Taeyeon slowly dropped the part of the luggage she’s holding, "Eomma, since it’s still too early for me to go to the airport, let me first visit Sunny." The young brunette asked with puppy eyes.

"Uh, of course darling... But we should first carry this downstairs." Her mom answered.

"Ok!"

...

 

A shiny beige colored Hyundai Elantra have just arrived in front of the rehabilitation center for teens.

It's door opened and someone came out from it. She directly enters the entrance and went to the counter to ask for assistance to see her friend. "Hello, oppa! Can I see Sunny?"

"Oh, you must be her." He answered.

Teayeon wondered on the man's answer, because of that, she scratched her head. "What does you mean by I must be that person?" She inquired.

"Actualy, Sunny..."

"What happened to Sunny?"

"Sunny is not here anymore. She was moved to Busan. I mean, the management transferred her to our Rehab center in busan."

Something was now piercing Taeyeon's heart upon hearing the man's answer. She doesn't know how to react. Mix of emotions then, filled her chest. She held it and something was like clogging in her air track.

"Wha.... Why, you di, Why you didn't tell me... Wh...and why she didn't tell me about this? And why did they do that?" She asked while a tear came running down her cheeks.

"She needs a thorough psychological examination. I am sorry for the late information; she wants to give this to you." The man assured while reaching a folded paper to Taeyeon.

While sniffling, Taeyeon, didn't hesitate to reach for the paper from the man. She wiped her tears with the back of her hand. "T...thanks." She answered while inserting the piece of paper unto her right pocket.

Taeyeon now turned and walked away from the counter. Her tears are unstoppable. Obviously she walked away crying. Her shoulders slumped.

Sunny on the other hand, was staring outside her window. It isn't true that the younger brunette was transferred, instead, she just don't want to see Taeyeon. It is not because she hates her. And that is because it will only tear her heart if she hears Taeyeon saying good bye and walks away from her side. She is in her room looking outside, seeing her friend, pacing. Teayeon, turned her head for the last time as if waiting for Sunny to come chase her and would say her good bye to her. But no Sunny was seen. Sunny's tears came falling upon seeing her friend, waiting for her. Until, Taeyeon, entered the car. Sunny, witnessed the car running until it’s gone from her sight.

....

Taeyeon now, sat on her assigned seat. She was depressed, upon not seeing Sunny and was not able to say her last words for her. She felt bad about it. The brunette then closed her eyes and sighed deeply. She then remembers the piece of paper that was given to her by the man from the rehab. The paper was kept in her pocket so she picks it up and opened it. She then found out that it was a letter.

Dear Teayeon,

Hello my dear friend. I don't know how to start this, but, I think, I can still start with, “How are you?” or saying “How have you been lately?”


Anyways, Taeyeon, I just wanted to thank you for all the things that you have done for me. Thank you for supporting me, thank you for saving me whenever I am in trouble. Thank you for being always there whenever I needed you. Thank you for comforting me whenever I feel hurt. And, most of all, thank you for accepting me, when I thought that no one would ever befriend me. But there you are! You turned out to be my friend. My faithful friend. My faithful bestfriend. You really did a lot for me and I do not know how I can repay you for that. But I hope, I can. One day!

I also want to apologize for all the troubles and pain that I caused you. You get hurt, when I am hurt. I became a burden for when in fact, I should not be. I am sorry, if there are times that I don't know, that you were hurting because of me. I am sorry Teayeon. And about the kiss, I am sorry.

Taeyeon, from the time, your lips met mine, my fears and worries faded. It was like somewhat I felt security that, assured me that no one would ever hurt me. But I realized, that it is not right. I was scared. I am scared if I fell for you deeply. I was scared that if I fell in love with you, you won't love me back. But I could not help it. I fell in love with you Taeyeon. And that is why, I wrote this letter to confess. I maybe a coward to not tell it to you personally, but I just don't want to hear you saying goodbye, and walking away from me. I hope you understand. You’ve created a big mark on my heart.

You maybe not hear me now, but Taeyeon, I love you. I will always love you. And will always treasure you. I am not sure if ever you'll comeback, but I'm just here. Waiting for you.

So until here. Thank you for reading this letter.

Your Friend, Sunny.


Tears are dropping on the piece of paper that made some of the words fade while Taeyeon reads Sunny's letter. She bowed her head, to cover her face, so that no one would notice. She placed the letter to her chest and closed her eyes that made more tears flow through her cheeks.

 

Her thoughts ran through her mind. One thing that she regrets that she hasn’t done was… also confess her real love towards Sunny. Yes she confessed before, but not as strongly as saying the three words to her. It means so much to her.

I will be back… for you… Sunny.  Taeyeon thought to herself.