The Flashback (pt. II)

Kaluluwang Ligaw (The Lost Soul)

"Lori, Lori Thomas. Lee Seungi's bestfriend." She answered offering her hand to Siwon. The lad just stared at the blonde girl. "They said that if you love a person, you would do anything to get them. To be yours." she added.
 

Lori accompanied Lee Seungi to watch the play. Lori and Lee Seunggi’s parents were business partners that is why, they became friends. As being friends with opposite , Lori considered the chance of falling in love with a best friend. And that is what she felt towards Lee Seunggi. She confessed to him before. But her best friend liked and loved another girl, and it was Yoona.
 

"What are you talking about?" Siwon asked the blonde.

"Let me ask you this question again, you like her don't you?"

Siwon's eyebrowse met upon hearing the question. "Then why the hell you care?" He walked out. "I can help you, to be yours." Lori quickly said, stopping the latter walking out man. The young man stopped and turned back looking to the blonde lady. "I don't care!" Snubbing the girl's offer.

"I want Seungi to be mine, I love him. And when he’ll become mine, she can be all yours." He stopped once again, "How?"

...

Everyone in the classroom packed their things right after the class. Siwon just remained seated while his classmates were already walking out of the classroom. He was a giving a second thought on Lori's plans on how she will get Lee Seunggi. The classroom was now empty. It's almost dark when Siwon decided to get out of the room. Now the latter sitting man stands up from his seat and went out of the room. His thoughts were still running in his memory.

On the other hand, Yoona said goodbye to her teammates after a drama practice.
"Bye guys. See you tomorrow." She said to her friends while waving her hand and packing her things up. The tall girl was left alone. Siwon wasn't there because he decided to not join the casting for their drama play. So, another man took role which should be played by Siwon.

Yoona walked on the theater's comfort room to take a last look with her face in the mirror. When her phone rang. Lee Seungi's name appeared on the screen.

"Oppa." She answered joyfully.


"I can't make it to our dinner date Yoong."said Yoona's boyfriend through phone.
"Why?"


"Lori's father had a heart attack. He was confined now in the hospital."
 

"Ah, okay. I understand. You need to go there. It’s for your business deals also."
 

"Thanks for understanding me Yoong. Don't worry we can move the day of our dinner date the day after tomorrow. But I am sorry about it."
 

"It's alright oppa. Anyway, there still time."
 

"Okay, so, Please do take care of yourself there. Especially when going back at your dorm."
 

"Yeah, I can do it myself. Don't worry about me."
 

"Okay, I can trust you with that Yoona. I'll hang up now. I love you."
 

"Thanks. You take care also oppa... I love you too."

After the conversation between the couple, Yoona now moved and went already outside the school theater. It is already dark, but there are some students far from her sight were seen in the campus heading to the school gate excited to go home. The tall girl was amused by the people she's seeing, wishing that her home was just nearby at the school. But not. She has to stay in the school dorm since she need not to pay ticket for a bus ride in going to school. Little did she know that someone was watching her. The person who watches the tall girl followed.

When Yoona has almost reached the gate a strong arm from behind grabbed her waist. A hand covered . To prevent her from screaming. Yoona struggled to flee away from her captor. But the person is too strong. The victim concluded that her captor was a man. She smelled his scent that made her think who that person is. She knew it! It was Siwon. Her mentor, her adviser and her friend. The tall girl struggled to pull Siwon's hand from , but her strength is not sufficient enough to remove the hand.

"Mm! Mm!” She screamed struggling.

 Blinded by obssession, Siwon whispered at Yoona's ear, "You're mine now Yoona."

He pulled her inside the building ten meters away from them and he let her go. "Siwon, what are you doing?" she asked while panting. The young man walked nearer to the lady. She widened her eyes upon seeing another action from Siwon. He was ing his pants. "Siwon, what are you doing?!" The girl walked slowly backwards, preparing to run. When a rock rolled under her foot that made her fall to the ground. She sobbed as Siwon approached her.

"Please... No... please...." He followed the girl to the ground. And put his hands around her neck.

With all her might, Yoona tried to remove Siwon's hands from her neck. But the man is too strong. "Aahkkkkk! Pl...ple...ase...n...no..ahkk!"

He is already out of his mind. After the awful event that happened, the tall girl was noticed to be unconscious, the man thought she's dead, so he panicked. He don't know what to do, until, he saw a cabinet. Then he carried the body then walked towards it. The said cabinet at the corner of the room was used as storage for paints and canvas. The lady’s body replaced the cabinet's objects. Darkness covered it all.


No one knows about it aside Lori, Yoona and him. Seven days after the terrible incident, Siwon never went to school anymore. His guilt about what he did to Yoona never lets him sleep. Every night, he hears giggles coming from nowhere or just inside his head. The giggling sound was turning into scream. A scream which pleads for help. Siwon also experiences some hallucination like seeing the image of Yoona covered with blood in the mirror or outside his bedroom window. His conscience kept haunting him. It can't be denied that at a young age, he had committed a crime he wished he didn't do. He also received a message about Lee Seungi, the son of the Lee Group of Companies’ CEO. The said man was said to have been committed suicide due depression upon losing his girlfriend. That made more his guilt crawl into his insides.

He became paranoid. His parents were worried about him, so two months have passed, Siwon then moved to China to continue his studies there. He thought at it as a way of moving on and starting a new life. No one ever knows about it, his parents covered for him. While living in China, Siwon gradually feels a sense of safety. He knows no one sees him, no one can sue him. He lived there for five years and found a work as an instructor in a University.

 

Three years before he was hired in Baehwa Higschool, the man returned to Korea to go to his mother's burial. She died because of a heart attack. He never imagined how it feels when losing someone you love. Siwon now felt what Lee Seungi felt the time he lost Yoona.

Instead of going back to China, Siwon then decided to stay in his home country and look for a new school where he can share what he learnt.

 


The neat man was preparing his meal for dinner. Since his mom already passed away and his father left for Jeju Island to visit their hotel. He's left alone in their house. The place where his whole being started and the love of a family grew.

"The said heiress of Thomas Power Corporation has been experiencing hallucinations and hears voices from her head." Said the news anchor, reporting about Lori Thomas. Siwon then paused upon hearing the news on the TV. This was the girl he connived with to hopefully get Yoona, but he knew that he never won. He listened to what the report said. "My daughter is a happy young woman, she's sweet and intelligent. After Lee Seungi's suicidal, she changed. But we don't know why she turned like that. Five years after we moved back to California, we found out that she's cutting herself. She has strange stories just like seeing a girl in her window that bathed with blood and those kinds of stuffs. We don't know why she became like that. And it hurts us. She's actually my successor for this company. We have no choice but to send her in the mental institution. That's the only way that we could bring back Lori to her old self. We miss her." Said Mr. Thomas, Lori's father who's sobbing while in an interview about her daughter being sent in the mental institution.

Siwon was shocked on the news. Lori became mentally ill. It gave him goose bumps and started to shudder after hearing the news. The man's lips became pale and his sweat, secreting from his pores. Guilt again crawled inside his heart that made him loose his appetite.

Flashback ends…


"I didn't know that handsome and strong looking man like you cries like this?"
A sobbing Siwon now lifted his head and a hand offering a handkerchief met his gaze. When he knew who was the one offering the hanky, he slowly gets it.

"I'm sorry if I bumped at you Sunny." Siwon simply answered sniffling.
"No problem seonsaengnim." Sunny smiled at the down man, "Wait, don't you have classes?" The teacher asked.

"I was advised to take rest, because I fainted during snack time. And Taeyeon, maybe with the help of others, they brought me to the clinic. So when I woke up, the nurse gave medicines to take and that's it, she advised me to extend my rest. Actually, I just asked her to let me stay in my room that is why, we met in the hallway." Sunny finishes her explanation but attempting to ask her seonsaengnim about their coincidence on the hallway, but it gave her a second thought, that it is maybe rude to ask someone's personal life especially, when that person is older than her and has more authority. "Uhm! Seonsaengnim, maybe, I should go now." She said instead rubbing her head. Siwon opened his mouth but it is only air that came out when Sunny walked away already. "Wi... Wait! Sunny! Your handkerchief."

The student's figure now slowly fades when Siwon wants to return the hanky she gave him.

 

 

I was thinking of a character that would really best suit the Half Korean- Half Foreign blood look, and the group Chocolat my mind, and I chose Lori Thomas (Former member of the said group) as a guest for this fanfic.

 

See you again next week for the next update, you can see Dandyu again there. Thanks for the support.