Recondite shift

E s o t e r i c ` A m o u r
Yunho sat down on the couch beside Yoochun and wrapped his own head with his extended arms. They had just finished their filming of couple talks for “All About TVXQ 3” which was to be released later in the year. It might seem funny that he sort of liked filming such programs with s. Even though they’ve stayed together for so many years, they had been stuck to one another mainly due to work. There were very rare times the five of them would gather together for a slow dinner or play any game. He himself preferred to go out with his friends outside DBSK when he’s free. However, he really took pleasure in spending time with the other four besides work.

From the corner of his eye he saw Changmin entering the room and flopping onto the couch opposite him. The smirk on the junior’s face aroused his curiosity and he demanded for the reason.

“Nah… I was just recalling my couple talk with Jaejoong hyung…” Changmin said, still unable to hide his smile. For Changmin, a small curl of his lips was enough to show that he’s amused. He was not as expressive as the others in the first place.

“Why? What about it?” Yoochun joined in the conversation suddenly, his wavy hair now tucked behind his ears for a neater appearance.

“You know, hyung kept saying that he’s lonely… yeah right.”

“Hahaha… the ideal girlfriend section right?” Yoochun laughed in agreement, “and all of you thought that he needs a girlfriend who can control him!”

“But I don’t think Hyojoo’s the controlling type…” Yunho stated. It appeared like Jaejoong was being more dominant in that relationship.

“WHAT? What are you guys talking about?” Junsu burst open the door and questioned the others abruptly.

The three decided to play a prank on him and turned away, each doing his own work and ignoring the poor dolphin who was craving for attention.

.
.

“How have you been?”

It was a strangely formal greeting between them. It was almost like they’ve met for the first time. Jaejoong wondered why there was a long silence between the two of them. It was not the way it was supposed to be. They were supposed to be updating each other’s lives and having a fun chat at the small café they’re sitting in.

Hyojoo was surprised by her own words as well. She meant to ask her boyfriend about his recent activities but it turned out that she wasn’t doing away with formalities as yet.

“How about you?” Jaejoong asked her instead.

Fortunately the awkwardness was removed the instant Hyojoo began blabbering about her on-going drama, and how she’d try to improvise to fit herself better into the role. Jaejoong was relieved that nothing was changed. For a moment he worried that the relationship might not go as smoothly as he wished. However, upon seeing her jolly look he knew that the relationship would last, or so he thought.

.
.

The white lilies in her hands swayed in the direction of the wind, so did her fringe which were recently cut to form cute bangs on the forehead, Aki bent down to place the lilies on the ground, her eyes still fixed on the engraved words on the tombstone.

It was her master’s death anniversary and she would visit his grave every year without fail. It was never a burden or responsibility to travel all the way to the desolate place. She had treated the visit as an annual meeting with the master.

“Master” was the name she called for many years but he was not just a master in reality, He played the role of a grandfather for her, taking care of her and helping her in any way he could. He used to be one of the big shots in the entertainment industry way long before she was born. When his wife died, he stepped down to reside by the countryside and live the rest of his life in peace. There was no intention to take in Aki as a disciple initially, until master saw the innocence in the girl’s eyes and he knew, immediately, that the girl would rise to become a star in the future.

Aki clamped her hands together and closed her eyes. Master was no ordinary man. He was more than a teacher who guided her career life. He was a gentle grandpa, a wise advisor, a calm counselor. He gave her a family in Japan. When she left her hometown to Japan alone, she was only 10. What could a ten year old kid possibly do? She could have starved and died on the streets, if not for Master who graciously offered her one of the rooms in his academy and fed her with homemade food. She could have been killed in the industry with intense competition around, if not for the survival skills he imparted to her during the stay. She could have lost her soul to the commercial companies, if not for his endless moral teachings. She had received so much from him; too much that she didn’t know how to return the favor.

She wished she could do something for him, anything that would make him happier before he passed away. She’d blamed herself so much when the news of his death reached her and she was unable to see him for the last time. She couldn’t even attend the funeral in time. That was not what a disciple should do, not to mention that Aki was his favorite student.

“Master, I’ve come to pay you a visit again. I hope you’re doing fine in heaven right now. I’ve made a comeback recently, Master. I’m not going to let you down again, I promise. I’ll live a happy life and keep smiling, like what you’ve wished for.” Aki said as she stared at his name and smiled. “I miss you master. But I’ll continue to shine on behalf of you, please give me your blessings and wait for my good news.”

“If you’re feeling generous, maybe you’d like to bless me on my love life too, it’s been rather lonely…” She joked. She was pretty sure her tutor was chuckling at her foolishness. He might have travelled to a faraway place but their bond would always remain strong. She believed, he’s her mentor when he’s still alive; and he would be her guardian angel even when he’s no longer present physically to support her.

.
.

Been 5 weeks since I updated. Hope there's still readers out there who haven't left in disappointment.

I realised I don't create cliffhangers in Esoteric Amour. Is that why it looks dull? Well I guess it's got to do with my own dislikes for cliffhangers HAHA. 'Cos they make me so agitated when the author doesn't update and I don't like that.

Life's pretty much the same, except that the workload is gaining weight and I've no motivation to cut down on that. XP

And I wonder what's the direction JaeJoo's relationship might be going towards. I really don't know! 'Cos I haven't thought of how to continue as yet LOL. Tell me how it should proceed :D

191009