On the go

E s o t e r i c ` A m o u r
“Youn Ha!” The girl at the other line was squeaking like a kid, hurting her ears slightly. Younha rubbed her ears before putting them back to the earpiece of the phone.

It was one of her best friends expressing her joy in meeting her idols at last. She was amazed at her girlfriend’s mind. She could never figure out what Aki was thinking.

Firstly, she could not understand why that woman had to call her by “Yoon Ha” instead of “Yoona” even though the latter was completely fluent in Korean. Secondly, she could not make sense of Aki’s dither over 5 men who were only a few years older than her. It was true that Dong Bang Shin Ki, or Tohoshinki was talented and amiable but Aki as a crazy fangirl somewhat frightened her. The only teenage icon Aki idolized, even before Tohoshinki debuted, was BoA, and Aki didn’t squawk when she saw BoA.

“Alright, alright… so you’ve seen them personally and you’ve managed to get their autograph? That’s totally…” Younha could not help but yawn. She was getting sleepy after a day of preparation for her coming Korean album, “great. You can sleep smiling now.”

“Yeah! Oh my god, they’re really good-looking close-up! They might even have better complexion than me!” The girl exclaimed excitedly, still unable to believe that she’d met her idols. “But, but… I still lack Jaejoong’s autograph! They had to rush off for another event…” The recall of the earlier scene sent a pinch of disappointment to her tone.

“It’s okay, Aki. You’ll get to see them soon. You’re back to the entertainment industry, you’ll have lots of chances to work with them,” consoled Younha, “which reminds me something… you know the song you wrote for me last year? My Song And…? I’m putting the Korean version in my third album.”

“Really? That’d be nice… who’s working on the Korean lyrics?” The songwriter suddenly changed her topic of interest towards Younha’s new album. It seemed that music was still her highest priority.

Younha smiled. That was what she liked about Aki. The two of them had been bosom friends since years ago, when she first arrived at Japan to pursue her dreams. Unlike Aki who was scouted at a young age, Younha had been through many auditions, only to receive a “No” from the judges. She was peeved at first, when she discovered that they had focused on looks more than singing skills.

However, as time passed she realized the dark truth and started getting used to it. She was stubborn, she was determined to create a miracle for herself. It was the right decision anyway, for she had finally made her family and friends, and most importantly, herself proud.

Her first debut brought her such memorable memories that she would even laugh as she thought back about her young foolish self. She had not known how difficult it was to get a single onto the Oricon chart, until she experienced it herself. She had visited the music store so many times to check if her hard work was displayed on the shelf, only to see the works of others instead. She was grateful to her first supporters, who gave her the strength to continue, and Aki was one of them.

She’d remembered that cheerful girl who approached her one day in the company and told her that her voice was awesome. It was a simple compliment but to Younha, it was a treasure she’d never forget. At that time, BoA had already reached the peak in the music industry. No one paid attention to the newbie who came from the same country as BoA. To receive a flattering remark from anyone, not to mention a pop star like Aki, was heavenly.

During interviews she would talk about her past, and how her first mini stage performance were only viewed by her manager and the owner of the club. She was lying. There were actually three who watched her perform. In spite of the temptation to mention Aki’s name, she had kept her promise to the kind friend, who did not want to be pointed out in magazines. It was weird how a celebrity wanted to keep such a low profile when she had the chance to shine. That was Aki, a close friend whom Younha still couldn’t figure out.

The two girls held a 3 hour conversation till they saw the first light of day.

.
.

The shooting ended in the morning again. The crew packed up and the cast hurried home to catch a short nap before gathering again for the next scene. Hyojoo picked up her bag and trudged her way out. She was seriously in need of sleep. Filming “Shining Inheritance” brought her much joy but it was strenuous nonetheless.

The phone vibrated in her bag. It’s probably Jaejoong who liked to call her at odd times. She cleared in advance, intending to sound merry so that her boyfriend would not worry about her health. A look at the caller ID made her sigh. It wasn’t Jaejoong. It was another friend. She wasn’t too sure though, if it was a sigh of disgruntlement or a sigh of relief.

.
.

The Dong Bang boys were on the plane again. After the concert in China and several events in Japan, they were finally going back to Korea. Even though it wasn’t a vacation, it was for the Sparkling Concert held to promote tourism in Korea, they were glad to return to the place familiar to them.

Yunho’s eyes were beginning to open in his deep sleep and Jaejoong had to perform the benevolent act of covering his face with a towel, for fear that any fan would be disillusioned by the sight of Yunho’s sleeping expression. He went back his seat and flipped through the magazines. Aki. Again. She was appearing everywhere and he thought he was soon going to be sick of her face on advertisements. Who would have thought that the CF queen was a hopeless fan of him? He must show off to Hyojoo the next time he meet her, which was going to happen real soon.

“Korea, here I come.” He blurted out loud in his anticipation to reach Seoul, receiving a ghastly look from Changmin who thought that his hyung had gone mad due to fatigue.

.
.

Everyone was on the go. There was no time to pause and think about what might go wrong. Everyone had to move on and work towards a future that’s simply unpredictable.

.
.

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah

Younha was suddenly included 'cos I really like her LOL
Nothing much to say...

I'm still waiting for my review, tralier and your comments. (:

120909