Fated chance meeting

E s o t e r i c ` A m o u r
Changmin did a small yawn while Junsu stretched his back to relieve the ache. They had just arrived at the waiting room after recording another program, and were getting ready for their appearance in the next show. The non-stop series of activities was tiring but the five boys were glad to be caught in the bustle. It meant more chances to showcase their songs to their supporters and probably an increase in album sales, which would make their company happy and preserve their positions.

“Messaging Hyojoo?” Yoochun randomly posed a question to Jaejoong while the latter finished pressing the keypad and threw the phone back into his bag.

“She’s been replying me one day after my message.” The older one sighed again, his numb neck resting on the top of the couch. He had been straining his body too much recently.

Yunho snapped shut the file passed to him earlier. It was the programme schedule for Music Japan, displaying the names of guests and sequence of songs to be played later on. His eyes stung from reading too many tiny words and he decided it was time to take a break before they had to go onto the stage again to promote “The Secret Code”.

“She’s busy filming her new drama, isn’t it?” He stated matter-of-factly, indicating to Jaejoong that it wasn’t her fault for not replying on time. That hyung of his, could get so paranoid sometimes when people did not text him back. He remembered there was a time when he himself forgot to check his phone messages and when he eventually did that, his inbox was fully spammed with Jaejoong’s worried messages. Some habits never change.

“Yeah… Shining Inheritance…” Jaejoong had already remembered the title of the drama, “but still, she could have just sent a short message so that I know she’s alright.”

“Give her a break, hyung. Girls need to have some time alone too,” the youngest of all interposed, sharing his views from experience. Yoochun snorted at Changmin’s attempt to give love advices again. He didn’t understand why he was labeled Don Juan when the junior was, in reality, the one who could read women’s mind.

“Tohoshinki, please get ready for the show. It’s starting.” A staff had opened the door and prompted them to organize themselves before entering the studio.

“Yes we understand, thank you!” Yunho gave a nod of acknowledgement before doing the customary hand cheer with the rest of the members. For some reasons his heart was beating faster than usual. He hoped their performance would go well.

.
.

“Let’s welcome our guests for today! Perfume, Nakashima Mika, Kobukuro, Aki, EXILE, Chattomonchi and Tohoshinki!” The host blasted the audience’s ears with his blaring voice. The performers stepped onto the stage in order, each bowing to the host and audience as a form of courtesy. It was yet another concourse of talents where they learned from one another in terms of performance skills.

Artistes such as EXILE and Nakashima Mika were not foreign to Tohoshinki. They had met in other shows previously. It was however Aki who caught the attention of not only Jaejoong, but all of the members.

“Isn’t… isn’t that the person who saw on TV few weeks ago?” Junsu whispered to Yunho, ignoring Jaejoong who was sitting right between them.

“Yeah, it’s her… she’s Aki…” The leader whispered back.

“She looks prettier here than when she’s on TV…” Junsu made another remark as his eyes shot to the right to peep at the star who was unaware of their conversation.

“I agree.” Changmin could not help but involve himself in the discussion as well.

“I won’t know if she’s cuter on TV or not, but she’s definitely looking attractive from my angle,” the fashion setter settled on adding a comment too.

“Yah, can you guys stop whispering behind my back? It’s irking me!” Jaejoong finally spoke up. Since when did s like to gossip so much? He was surprised that even Yunho was chatting during the filming. That Aki person was indeed an interesting topic to talk about but it’s rude to do so when she’s just few inches away, wasn’t it?

He blamed the members silently for distracting him and now his eyes were also focused on the girl who sat right beside Kobukuro.

So, she’s the legendary figure who swept thousands of boys and girls off their feet. And she’s sitting so close to them, and he’s her favorite member from Dong Bang Shin Ki??

He did not realize that his gaze lingered long enough to make the girl turn and catch him checking her out. Their eyes met for a second before the two heads repelled, Aki brushing her fringe and Jaejoong facing Yunho, who responded with a puzzled look.

“Let’s have Tohoshinki tell us about their new album!” The male host pulled him back to reality and soon the atmosphere turned lighter with casual jokes and small talks.

Following their songs the host passed a microphone to Aki for her talk segment. She gladly took it and eloquently answered the questions, like how she had done so in other shows she’d attended for the past few days.

“Presenting to you, Wakatte Iitahazu by Aki who’s finally returned for us!”

.
.

The music show ended with everyone satisfied at their own performances. One more enriching lesson for the Toho kids. Every event that they participated in was a lesson outside classroom for them. They were learning each day, the techniques to survive the industry, so that their story would not end too soon.

Together they entered the waiting room to grab their bags and set off to the last venue for the day. While Yoochun continued teasing Junsu about his lousy English, Changmin was flipping his phone to check if his girlfriend had sent him any message. It was his turn to get paranoid. Yunho, on the other hand, was calling his father in Korea to let them know he’s fine, a weekly routine he wouldn’t forget.

The four busied themselves with their own matters, leaving the oldest one behind, strolling and thinking deeply. Well, he wasn’t actually dwelling on any issue intensely. It was just that the soulful female voice kept ringing in his head. It was not as silky as Nakashima Mika’s; or as gentle as Kobukuro’s; yet it was unique in her own style. He was thinking of the word to describe her voice but he just couldn’t seem to find it.

Yunho pushed open the door and revealed an unexpected visitor sitting on one of the chairs by the dressing tables. He swore he heard an excited gasp as the visitor approached him with a notepad and pen. It was quite an unbelievable sight. It was Aki, the girl who mesmerized everyone with her beautiful vocals earlier during the filming. The girl whom they babbled on only a few hours ago. The girl who’s…asking them for autograph??

He was still feeling amused as he signed on the notepad and then passed to the other members who were equally stunned by the major change in the feverish girl.

“Oh my god… thank you so much! I really really love your songs and dances! Please keep up the good work!!” It was still the sweet voice they’d heard previously, only that it contained some traces of fangirlism this time round.

Jaejoong stared Aki’s hand which was holding on so tightly to his, dumbfound at her enthusiasm. He cracked a smile unnaturally and removed his hand from the grasp forcefully, explaining that he had to sign for her. Just as the pen tip was about to reach the white paper, the Japanese manager had burst into the room and grabbed the members by their arms, dragging them out. They were going to be late for the next activity.

Jaejoong saw Aki’s crestfallen expression, his heart filled with guilt. He should have completed the autograph earlier; even a of ink could have contented her. Feeling apologetic, he could only mouth a ‘Sorry’ before the team members led him out of the room.

.
.

I myself like this chapter 'cos I wrote this just before my hectic school work comes piling right in front of me. Wells sorry for the slow update but I made an effort to lengthen this chapter, hope you like it no matter what. (:

On a side note, today's a special day! Just take a look at the date below and you'll know!

090909
<3 <3

AND I AM EDITING MY POST HERE:

I'll support Jay no matter what! Sad when I learnt that he left Korea yesterday and I always keep the hope that he'll come back again. Say I'm optimistic or naive or whatever. I just hope he'll be fine.