None other than you

E s o t e r i c ` A m o u r
The song played over the radio was a sentimental ballad about a couple’s recent break-up, but a gentle smile was formed on his face as he turned the steering wheel to the left.

It was already 3am in the morning. The road was rather empty with one or two vehicles passing by his car, and the lamps along the road illuminated to guide him home. He should be dead tired after a day full of activities, or rather, 3 days full of rehearsals and performances. However, it was his girlfriend’s birthday the previous day, and he had planned so long to celebrate with her. He was glad it turned out to be a success in the end.

He would have invited her to the last day of the concert, dedicated a love song specially for her, and sang his life for her as a birthday surprise. Yet his agency would never allow him to do so. Neither would hers anyway. They could only meet in places few people would go; hold hands after making sure no one noticed; and hug in the dark where none could see.

It was inadequate, he thought. He wanted to do more to prove his love for her. He often complained that hiding was not an honorable act but she had pacified him with soothing kisses and told him that she did not mind at all, so long he stayed by her side.

The sad song ended, replaced with a joyous carol sung by someone he had not heard of. It immediately brought a huge grin to his face as he was reminded of how she beamed at the cake he painfully made and how she praised him for good tastes as he helped her put on the necklace ordered from her favorite shop few weeks ago.

“Thank you Kim Jae Joong.” She had whirled around gleefully with her new present and eventually stopped before him, placing a light kiss on his lips.

“I love you.”

.
.

The television was playing some soap opera and Junsu had to switch channels before they all fell asleep. He stopped at the channel which was re-playing a recent episode of “Come to Play” variety show.

“Ahh… this is so interesting!” Host Yoo Jae Suk was as usual in his composed yet humorous self.
“So, do you have any favorite member from Dong Bang Shin Ki? Anyone you’d pay more attention to, as compared to other members?”

The guest was a petite young lady with flawless milky skin and clear round eyes that shone brightly as she answered the question posed by the male host.

Junsu had not seen the girl before. “She should be a newcomer.” He left a casual remark.

“New in Korea, but not so in Japan.” Yunho replied.

He’d met the girl before, in his sister’s desktop wallpaper. They seldom paid much attention to young Japanese artistes, unless they had a collaboration with them. He would not have remembered the girl on TV too, if not for his sister who’s obsessed with a female celebrity in Japan and vowed to become like her in the future. It appeared that the girl had just returned from her hiatus two and a half years ago, approximately the time Tohoshinki began to receive more attention from the Japanese fans. She’d missed out a lot, he thought to himself.

“It’s got to be me!” Junsu’s sudden exclamation distracted Yunho’s thoughts and the latter followed Junsu’s gaze, which was fixed on the TV.

“Geez hyung! You almost made me choke on my noodles!” Changmin was taken aback by his hyung’s reaction towards a mere talk show. After slurping the last bit of instant noodles he could not help but added, “I think her favorite should be me.”

Yunho could only roll his eyes and chuckle at them. Yes, they were already in their twenties but things often got childish when they were together. Bickering over tiny matters was one of their usual ways of communication with one another.

“Stop it both of you!” He had to shout over the squabble between the two in order to keep them quiet. He was about to say something constructive but decided not to. It wouldn’t hurt to play along too, would it?

“I bet she’s going to say my name!” He burst out loud, immediately earning cushion attacks from the other two.

.
.

Jaejoong crept towards the door. It would seem almost idiotic to do so since the door was soundproof and no one would hear him even if he stomped back home. However, it was one of the rare times he sneaked away for his date late at night and returned in the morning. He was usually the last to reach home if Yoochun wasn’t around, it might not be too much of a surprise for the boys. Yet he was still apprehensive, like a boy who’s afraid that his father would catch him forging his signature on a test paper.

Slowly he turned the door knob and finally opened the door, revealing 3 men letting out sighs of exasperation in unison. He was slightly stunned to see the 3 of them waiting for him. He would have understood if it’s only Yunho, who always waited for him at home when he stayed out late. The other two members surprised him conversely. They were usually snoring or talking in their dreams, in the case for Changmin, by the time he arrived home. What could possibly keep them awake, especially when they’ve just finished their concert?

“Hyung! You’ve come back!” Changmin was the first to spot him.

“Ahh… the perfect man is here!” Followed by Yunho’s big announcement and Junsu’s standard laughter.

“…Huh?” He was speechless. Had s gone crazy due to fatigue?

The three of them, upon seeing his puzzled expression, laughed again and pointed to the television.

“It’s you, hyung! She said it’s you!”
“None other than Kim Jae Joong~~”
“None other than you hyung!”

The words only served to make him more confused.

.
.

Anyone reading?? :D

170809