On edge

E s o t e r i c ` A m o u r
The night ended very terribly, at least for the two Dong Bang kids. Both passed out. Aki wondered how much they had drunk to be unconscious. Keita resorted to borrowing Jaejoong’s phone and making a call to the leader to fetch the two motionless bodies home.

When Yunho arrived he was quick to pull them into a car without anyone noticing. He even had time to bow to Aki and apologized on behalf of s. Aki was secretly happy that Yunho remembered who she was but her heart fluttered because of what Jaejoong had said earlier.

“You’re the one I like!”

The few words rang in her ears and she shook her head violently in attempt to get rid of the ringing words.

“He was drunk, he wasn’t even thinking straight!” She explained to herself, “Why would he like me? I mean, what did he mean? Why am I so nervous suddenly?”

“Aish!” She threw herself onto the bed and shut her eyes, hoping to get to sleep. She didn’t know an idol could affect a fan so badly.

.
.

Sunlight rays penetrated through the translucent curtains, hitting the fair skin and making it more shimmering than ever. The song “Survivor” began playing by itself and the figure on the bed flinched a little. Such an alarm was insufficient to wake up the angel. Luckily, a nimble boy climbed over to where the figure laid and cupped his face. Still unmoving. The human alarm grinned mischievously and “PIAK!” slapped his hyung’s face.

“Aish!” Jaejoong inescapably woke up to see Junsu’s big toothed smile. Irritated, he pulled the dongsaeng and strangled the neck with his strong arms, causing the boy to cry in despair.

“Hyung! I was helping you! We have a radio show later!”

“Oh yeah…” Jaejoong could not deny that it was his fault for drinking too much the previous night. It would be really bad if they were caught wasted in a cheap club. “Who sent us back?”

“Yunho hyung… he almost fainted trying to drag both of you at the same time.”

“Yoochun?” He took a glance at the right side and saw a lump under the blanket.

“You know him, hyung, he doesn’t wake up in the mornings. His schedule starts from the afternoon today, Changmin said we should just let him sleep.”

“True…” Jaejoong was still trying to get sober. He must have drank to the maximum last night. He had called Keita to join them so that the latter would be able to stop them in time. However, that buddy of his had some meeting or whatsoever with an old friend and were too late to prevent the tragedy.

Old friend. He vaguely recalled seeing a hot girl beside Tachibana, and then he went to check her out, and then… it’s Aki. Aki’s Keita’s old friend? The old friend Keita wanted to introduce so badly?

. Did he say or do anything offensive? His hand went up to hit the head but he couldn’t remember anything else. What if he embarrassed himself in front of her? After all, he’s an idol and she’s his fan. It would be awful to lose such a rare fan all because of beer. He speedily climbed to his feet and headed for the bathroom. After breakfast, he would make a call to Keita.

.
.

Yunho searched within the shoe cabinet and closed it with a sigh. His phone was nowhere to be seen again. He swore he had it with him the previous night when he dashed out of the house to get Yoochun and Jaejoong back. However, by the time he returned and had to carry two men whose weights were approximately that of his, he had been too exhausted to take note of the small mobile phone. He decided to search the more unlikely places. To him, the most impossible place could be the most possible place.

Just then, he felt a vibration in the pocket of his coat, followed by a cheeky ringtone only he himself dared to use. Grinning sheepishly, he took it out and thanked Jaejoong who made the call.

“Yunho ah, you must learn to be less forgetful.” The nagging side of Jaejoong appeared after a long absence since he got a girlfriend.

“Hehheh, I’m learning!” Yunho liked to act cute in front of s and only the closest people could see it. “Jaejoong ah, did you gain weight or something? It was so hard to carry you in!”

“What? Hmm… maybe…anyway, who were there other than the three of us?” Maybe he hallucinated. Maybe he didn’t see Aki. He prayed that Yunho would say that there was no one else, or at least, some strangers he didn’t know of.

“Hmm? Oh there’s Keita, I supposed you invited him, didn’t you?” Yunho replied, earning a nod from the older one, “and… Aki! I didn’t know you guys were that close to her.”

An exasperated sigh came out from Jaejoong as he adjusted his sideburns to the right angle. It was true, Aki was indeed Keita’s friend and was indeed present when he danced like a monkey.

“No… she is Keita’s friend. He planned to introduce her to us but I think we were too drunk to do any proper introduction.”

“Oh.” Yunho did not know how else to respond. Was it fluke, that they kept bumping into the girl? Only a week ago Tohoshinki had attended a mini party prepared only for close friends and Aki happened to be one of the guests as well. The next day Jaejoong and himself saw her in a radio station and she was, as usual, all jumpy to see them. There were so many small coincidental incidents which added up to leave a deep impression of Aki.

It was funny though, that they had met so many times but no one asked for her number. Yunho had the intention of doing so but their encounters were always so short that there was no time for much interaction. Yet he would feel pleased just by seeing her. It’s somewhat inexplicable but Aki had a natural captivating aura around her. It was affable yet slightly distanced; loving but mysterious; sweet and cold at the same time.

“I don’t even know what I’m describing.” He muttered under his breath.

“What?” Jaejoong seemed to hear something.

“Nah, nothing!”

.
.

Meanwhile, back in the room of the Toho boys, the only person who was asleep remained his fixed position. It was not exaggerating when he said that he was neither a morning nor a night person. He required more hours of sleep than anyone else. Only when he’s sleeping, would he be able to dream of beautiful scenes and happy endings.

.
.

Sorry I haven't been updating much. Life's pretty fulfilling, at least, when my holidays started. How about you?

As the year's ending, I thought I would post a chapter to wish everyone Happy New Year in advance!

Please continue to support DBSK kay? <3 <3

291209