Two

Chasing Pavements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 Chapter Two

 

Did not want to face Yunho in morning, Yuri left the house even before he came out of his room. She also didn’t bother to fix him breakfast. Still, she left a note saying that there was urgency and she was needed in bookstore. But when she raced to her car, Yuri knew her husband was watching her from the window. She chose to ignore him.

 

At the bookstore, she busied herself with sorting new books into categories. Yoona wouldn’t come in another hour. She felt bad for leaving the store yesterday. And if Yoona was mad at her, she deserved it. The clock reached eight sharp when Yoona opened the door.

 

“Well, well, you came early.” She commented amusedly, still leaning on the door with two cups of Starbucks.

 

“Is that for me?” She nudged her chin at her hands.

 

Yoona shook her head as walked in. Her eyes, Yuri saw, were full of sorrow. It was surely not for her, wasn’t it? Yuri took the cup gratefully. For long moment, they both stood facing each other while sipping their coffee in silent. But Yuri knew that her best friend occasionally stole glances.

 

“Fine. Spit it out.”

 

Yoona heaved a sigh. “He called me yesterday.”

 

There was no need to confirm who ‘he’ was. Yuri swallowed another sip, welcoming the sting of burn in .

 

“Hell Yul, you drove him to the edge. I was so scared he would do something crazy.”

 

Yuri shrugged nonchalantly. “We’ve fixed that.”

 

Yuri knew that her best friend wasn’t buying that. Yoona was the only one who knew. She was her best friend, engaged to her brother and almost became her sister-in-law, enough reasons for her to prod into Yuri’s life.

 

“You okay?” She asked when finally she said again.

 

Yuri hated that question even though she couldn’t prevent everyone from asking it. She slumped to nearby chair, losing her self in her thought. Her head shook gently as fresh tears rolled down. She heard Yoona cursed under her breath before her friend disappeared, probably looking for kleenex.

 

By the time her friend came back, Yuri was sobbing heavily into her hands. Quietly Yoona put the kleenex in her lap, before Yuri’s hair. She was so lucky to have Yoona beside her.

 

“I’ve missed that.” Yuri muttered in between her hands. “Mom would do that when I’m upset.”

 

“Oh honey, I’m so sorry.” Yoona pulled her head into her chest and simply hugged her.

 

They both had been through a lot. One was losing her family, the other was losing the love of her life. But both survived, even when the scar was so deep.  

 

“I hate to say this, but I have to close the curtains.” Yoona didn’t bother to wait for her answer. She walked toward the windows and started pulling the curtains down.

 

“I want a divorce.”

 

Her friend whirled around with disbelief look on her face. “What?”

 

“I don’t want to live with him again. It’s too much.” Yuri ducked her head to avoid her friend’s eyes.

 

“You’ve only been married for two weeks Yul.”

 

“I’m not happy. He’s not happy. We both only hurt each other.” Yuri paused to inhale deeply. “He still loves Tiffany.” Her voice cracked as she said t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter