Epilogue

Chasing Pavements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Epilogue

  

Eight months ago, Yuri would not have believed her ears if Yunho told her how much he loved her. Well, eight months pregnant and all apparently had proved it enough that Yunho truly loved her. It was almost impossible to receive the overflowing love from her husband. Now that the harm had been gone from her life, Yuri felt that she was truly blessed. A baby on the way and ever-loving, ever-overprotective, and ever-patient husband were all she needed.

 

“Look at you,” Yoona observed. Her eyes glinted suspiciously. “Bet Yunho has satisfied your need before he left.”

 

Yuri sputtered on her drink. “What . . . Yoona!”

 

Her friend burst out laughing so hard her eyes watered. “Busted.”

 

Glaring, Yuri dumped the rest of her drink on the ground. “I can’t believe you sometime.” She muttered. “You and pregnancy hormones are my biggest enemies.”  

 

They were lounging on the backyard of her home enjoying the sun. Since Yunho had to leave for another duty, he had insisted on Yoona staying with his wife. Even when Yoona didn’t mind at all with the idea, she and Yuri had rolled their eyes behind Yunho’s back at his impossible demand.

 

“Okay, you need to walk around now. Say five laps.” Yoona wiped her eyes.

 

Yuri shot her another incredulous look. “What am I? A race horse?” But she obediently rose from her chair. If she wanted to make her childbirth easy, the doctor said she had to at least walking around more often.

 

Yoona stuck her tongue out at her. “Then remember not to get pregnant the next time.”

 

“Yoona!” Yuri shrieked then covering her face with both hands. Trust Yoona to keep slaughtering her with her life. She shot her a glare. “That’s enough! Now, why don’t you tell me about this detective Choi? You owe me a detail.”

 

Her friend shifted uncomfortably in her chair while avoiding her eyes. Staring at her friend, Yuri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter