Nine

Chasing Pavements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Nine

 

Once the ambulance shot off away from the cottage had Yuri looked around and saw that Donghwan was dead cold on the floor. Both giants, however, were lucky enough. Their hands were handcuffed as they were escorted out of the cottage into the police car. Her eyes glued back to the dead body. His eyes were wide open, but it was a bloodcurdling sight because they were bleak, devoid of life.

 

“Eyes up here, honey.” Yunho lifted her chin gently. His face tightened in pain momentarily at the sight of her beaten face.

 

Yuri surprised them both by throwing herself into his arms, which was something she never did before. But it wasn’t a time to think of something like her ego. She loved this man, plain and simple. And she refused to waste any more time because of her stupid pride. Yuri wept into his neck, her arms tight around his torso.

 

“I’ve got you. I’ve got you.” Yunho kept murmuring as he kissed the top of her head. “Let’s get you a doctor.” With ease, her husband lifted her into his arms.

 

“I want to go home.” She hiccupped.

 

“Baby, we need to check your injuries.”

 

“No.” She stubbornly shook her head which was resting on his shoulder. “I only want you and I want you to take me home.”

 

“Oh hell.” Yunho muttered. “How can I ever resist you when you are like this?” Gently, he deposited her on the hood of a police car. Cupping her cheeks, Yunho inspected her injuries himself. “Did the bastard hurt you anywhere else?”

 

Oh! Yuri’s hands went to her stomach. “I want you and home. The doctor can check me at home.” She prayed that her baby would be fine.

 

Leaning his forehead against hers, Yunho heaved a frustrated sigh. “What am I going to do with you, love?”

 

“Take me home.” Yuri whispered.

 

With ragged breath, Yunho pulled away. There was so much pain in those brown eyes that Yuri would do anything to take it away. Both of his hands still held her head captive as he searched her face.

 

“I thought –“

 

“No.” Yuri leaned up to kiss him swiftly before pulled away with a grimace. Her jaw throbbed where DongHwan had slapped her. “Sorry.” She mumbled.

 

“Does it hurt?” Yunho’s jaw had tightened again with barely contained fury as his fingers moved gently over her cheek. “Oh baby.” He gathered her into his arms as if to reassure himself that his wife was still alive.

 

Yuri could feel the tremor that went through her husband. Devotedly, she his hair, his neck and his back to calm him.

 

“Don’t ever do that to me again Yuri.” He mumbled against her neck. “I just lost ten years of my life thinking I was losing you.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“This is not your fault.” He chided softly. “Stop apologizing baby.”

 

Giggling at his befuddling words, Yuri pulled away. “Then what do you want me to do?”

 

“Ah that lovely sound.” Her husband murmured, gazing down at her with amusemen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter