Six

Chasing Pavements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Six

 

It was a week before finally Yunho had let people visited her. Her grandpa, his parents, some close relatives and friends had shown their concern. Her husband had banned Yuri working at the bookstore until she could calm herself as Yunho himself working at home. Yuri could tell that he was guiltier than he ever been because he had let his guard down. For Yuri, however, if someone was to blame, it was the murderer.

 

When the night came, Yuri would restless and she refused to be left alone. Wherever Yunho went, she would hot on his tail, clinging to him like a second skin. He didn’t seem mind with her intrusion. In fact, Yunho often tucked her in his lap when he worked late or when they ate so he could feed her. It was the moment when Yuri would feel contented yet miserable at the same time. He refused to touch her ually even when Yuri had begged him.

 

Saturday evening, Yoona arrived at their house after she returned from work. When Yunho let opened the door, she rushed inside without even saying hello to him in search of her friend. She hugged Yuri so tight that she had to struggle for breathing.

 

“The bastard! I will kill him before I kick his very sorry to jail.” Yoona said fiercely after muttering curses.

 

“Hey it doesn’t work that way. He supposed to be buried.” Yuri commented.

 

Yunho was standing behind closely behind her in the hallway. He was like a mother hen when someone visited her.

 

“Come, let’s get you feed. You must be hungry.” It was the only way Yuri could tell her how sorry she was for not helping her at the bookstore for a week.

 

“Starving actually.” She glanced past Yuri to her towering husband behind her. “How are you?”

 

“We’re fine.” Yunho nodded shortly. Then he herded the two babbling ladies to the kitchen where the dinner was served.

 

“How’s the bookstore?” Yuri asked once they all seated. Yunho was close to her side that their shoulders were touching.

 

“Excellent. The girls you hired, they worked their butts off.” Yoona talked with full of food. “Maybe it’s time we both let someone taking care of our business.”

 

Yuri ducked her head sadly. Yunho’s hand was instantly in her waist.

 

“Don’t.” Yoona swallowed. “It’s not your fault. I said that because we both deserve some time off. We always worked like a crazy” She rolled her eyes.

 

The corner of Yunho’s lips tipped up.

 

“Anyway, I have bad news.” She glanced at Yunho uneasily. “Tiffany is in town. I saw her the next day after you were attacked.”

 

Trust Yoona to drop the bomb while acted so casually. It was as if she just told them that she was having a pet. Meanwhile, Yuri had stiffened in her seat. Tiffany left the town the day Yunho married her. The poor woman must be broken-hearted after knowing her fiancé married another girl. Yunho didn’t talk much about that. The only thing he told her was that Tiffany understood.

 

Yuri didn’t know what to say. She just stared blankly at the still eating Yoona. Her own appetite had long gone even before her friend dropped the bad news.

 

“I’m so sorry for telling you that, but I thought you have to know so you wouldn’t be too shocked when you meet her.” 

 

“It’s okay.” Yuri said quietly.

 

She and Tiffany had been civil toward each other since she began dating Yunho. But Yuri hadn’t seen her since her brother’s funeral. Not that she would know what to say to her. Yunho and Tiffany had drifted apart since Changmin’s death. She glanced up at Yunho and found his face was cold and hardened.

 

Strange. He was supposed to be happy.

 

“If you ask me, I’d say it’s odd.” Yoona said again after a moment.

 

When both she and Yunho didn’t say anything, she continued. “Mr. Ji told me that she rented apartment in downtown rather than going back to her parents’ house. That woman also apparently is seeing someone.” She stole glance in Yunho’s direction. “But they never went out in daylight. She – ”

 

“Yoona, enough.” Yunho cut her off.

 

The eating girl shrugged.

 

“I want you to be more careful.”

 

Both women looked up at him in surprised. Suddenly interested, Yoona put her fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter