Seven

Chasing Pavements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Seven

 

Yuri was getting restless with each passing day. Sure her bed activity with Yunho had returned normal. But with the threat lurking around, she was thinking about protected . Only she didn’t have the gut to tell Yunho. Besides, she knew nothing about it. Her appointment was cancelled last week and she had to make a new one, which was today.

 

Yunho had let her work again, only the hour would be shortened. She never drove anymore. Her husband would drove and picked her up after work. She felt guilty though, since it wasn’t only will impact on her life but also people around her, above all her husband.

 

“I’m not going to the bookstore today.” Yuri had informed him that morning when they were having breakfast.

 

“Oh?” His brows creased in confusion. “I’m not leaving you alone at home.”

 

Each time Yunho mentioned about home – their house – her hearts swelled. Now her perception about home had changed.

 

“I’m going to ob-gyn today. I’ve made an appointment.” Her voice was getting smaller.

 

Yunho looked up in surprise before amused smile hovering in his lips. “I see. What time should I pick you up? Or would you rather have me there with you?”

 

“Yunho.” She chided with heated cheeks. “Honestly, I don’t know how long it will take.”

 

“I can take few hours off.” Yunho offered helpfully.

 

Yuri stared at her husband’s innocent face suspiciously. Sure that he seemed want to torture her with discomfort. “I’ll be fine.” She said in firmly.

 

After their talk in the kitchen few days before, Yunho was less overstrung. Now, he was constantly teasing and laughing with her. That breathtaking boyish smile of his was shown more frequently. It was quite a sight that sometime Yuri struck with amazement.

 

“I can be quite helpful.” He said, deadpan.

 

“I’ll be fine.” Yuri assured.

 

“If that’s what you want, princess.”

 

No, she wanted him to come with her, but she didn’t have the heart to monopolize his time. He had been busy enough this week taking care of her. “Thank you.”

 

Yunho drove her to the clinic an hour later. He kissed her hard and deep before he left that made the butterfly in her stomach fluttered. However, Yuri felt dreaded because the possibility of her pregnancy. What if her husband would freak out? They just got along well. On the other side, Yuri wanted badly to keep the baby. She was too absorbed in her thoughts that she didn’t pay attention to her surrounding when her name was summoned.

 

Her doctor was a very beautiful looking woman in her early thirties. Yuri wondered of what she would say while fiddling with her hands. She wished that Yoona would be here with her. Her best friend was more experienced in this than her.

 

“Good morning Mrs. Jung. How can I help you?” Yuri felt grateful that she wasted no time with pleasantries.

 

“Um. . .I want to take pregnancy test.” Yuri said in small voice. “And maybe taking a c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter