Four

Chasing Pavements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Four

 

After the unforgettable passionate night, Yunho insisted that she moved in to his room the next morning. And that was two weeks ago. Ever since Yuri slept with her husband, he kept reaching for her in the middle of the night or dawn even after them both spiraling in passion few hours before. Yuri had learned shortly that her husband was insatiable. He wouldn’t stop until she begged. Yuri had no doubt that he was very generous lover.

 

“What’s with that look?” Yoona sent her suspicious glance as she passed by.

 

Ducking her head, Yuri muttered. “Nothing.”

 

Her friend, however, after sensing her discomfort stopped dead in her track. Her eyes gleamed with mischievousness. Oh hell, Yuri thought. If Yoona knew, she wouldn’t be able to look at her in the eye again.

 

“Hold on,” Yoona tapped her chin meaningfully. “You’ve changed.”

 

Wiping her face clean from any expression, Yuri looked up at her friend innocently. “What do you mean?” Her palms had clammy with sweat.

 

“I’ll always notice that certain look on woman’s face.” Her brow arched. “In fact, your cheeks are blushing all the time. And I bet my car that you never use make up.” Then, her eyes widened as her jaw dropped. “Oh my God! You slept with him!”

 

Her friend was practically shrieking the last sentence that all heads inside the bookstore whirled around in her direction. Yuri flushed from the root of her hair to the tip of her toes. And God help her friend, she was so lucky if she returned home safely today because Yuri felt like to grab her neck and choke the life out of her. This was a small town and news traveled fast around here.

 

Yoona had the gut to bounce on her feet happily. Her laughter echoed in the room. Yuri wondered if her friend had lost her sanity. Still stunned, she could do nothing but to watch as Yoona celebrated something that supposed to be her private life. Darn! What if Yunho heard about it and he was mad at her?

 

Yoona grabbed her shoulders with a wide grin that threatened to split her face into two. “Spill out to me at lunch.” She squeezed her briefly before dashing to the back of the store.

 

Holy hell! Why she had to be at the cashier today?

 

After spending the half-day in humiliation, Yuri couldn’t help but to glare at her friend when they sat face-to-face in the nearby café.  

 

“I can’t believe you.” Yuri glared at her. “Now the whole town knows about my life.”

 

Instead of feeling frightened, Yoona burst out laughing. “Yul, if I’ve figured it out earlier that you needed to get laid, I’d have suggested it to Yunho sooner.”

 

“Quiet you!” Yuri hissed.

 

The girl grinned meaningfully at her. “So, how was it? I bet your husband is amazing in bed.”

 

Yuri turned scarlet. “I’m not discussing this with you.”

 

“Oh come on.” She whined like a child.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter