Eight

Chasing Pavements
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Eight

 

Yuri was whirled with dizziness as the effect of the sedative the bastard had given her. No matter how she fought the darkness, it always came back. Her body was hurt everywhere as if she was just in a car wreck. In the back of the van, her limp body trashed every time the car stopped, turned or lurched forward. At this rate, she was soon going to puke her guts out.

 

The baby!

 

Oh God, she had no idea where this man would take her. She had this ill-feeling that wherever this man took her, it would be a hell of time to find it. In spite of her state, tears gathered in her eyes. Yuri had sworn that she would protect the baby, but right now she could smell the horrid feeling of failure around her.

 

I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.   

 

Her baby would never have the chance to see this world, to grow up, and to love its father. Her consciousness screamed at her to fight. Only her chance wasn’t that promising. This nasty man, he was capable of murdering. Any hope left inside her vanished at the thought.

 

Yuri would never had a chance to tell her husband how much she loved him, how thankful she was for everything he had done for her, for the chance of carrying his baby. Oh God! She hadn’t told him yet.

 

The rush of grief washed over her, making her sick even more. Yuri curled like a ball on her side. Her arms were killing her for they had been tied tightly on her back, but it was much better than the numb feeling that lurking inside waiting to replace any sane feeling she had left. Yunho would never know about their baby.

 

Yuri wished that she hadn’t been so stupid with her own selfish feeling, the fear of being rejected. She wished that she had second chance to make up for her mistake. She wished –

 

The car braked harshly, making her lurch forward. Pain shot through her arms and Yuri stifled her cry of agony. Little by little, she gained back her consciousness. There wasn’t so much good news about it though. There was only pain everywhere.

 

Muffled of curses and the door slammed loudly, rattling the window of the van. “Get her out!”

 

The side door slid open and giant, mean-looking man appeared. He snickered as his eyes landed upon here. There wasn’t an ounce of sympathy in his eyes that Yuri scrambled away from him.

 

“Hello kitten.” He snarled at her obvious attempt to hide.

 

“Dammit X! Just get her out of that ing car!” The voice bellowed.

 

The giant wasted no time to grab her tied ankles and pulled her forward. Yuri screamed at the pain in her arm.

 

“Don’t ing hurt her, you moron!”

 

“Sorry boss.” He grimaced at the admonition as he handled her more gently.

 

Unbelievable! This giant was actually scared less. Arms and ankles tied, Yuri could only whimper when the giant lifted her into his arms. She noticed how different he was from her husband. Yunho always lifted her with gentleness. This giant, however, had no doubt used his strength to hurt people.

 

“Fight me and you’ll die.”

 

His whisper sent her body trembling in fear all over. Yuri closed her eyes and wished that she was just died already rather than had to through all of this.

 

When she opened her eyes again, she noticed that they were in the woods. No wonder the ride was one of pure torture. The giant took her toward a cottage where the man waited for her with a woman and another giant. The giant stood menacingly beside the woman, griping her slender arm in his big hand as if to restrain her.

 

As she squint her eyes, Yuri couldn’t help but to gasp in surprise. Tiffany!  What was she doing here? Her eyes were misty and troubled as she stared at her from distance. However, when she was getting closer, Tiffany looked away.

 

The man looked down at her with that ugly sneer of triumph. Yuri felt sick. Her stomach churned. She couldn’t believe that Tiffany had the heart to do all of this. She had helped the man to kill her family. And all the time Yuri stupidly thought that Yunho was still in love with her. She was no more than a nightmare. But when Yuri’s eyes landed on the woman’s figure, all she could feel was sadness.

 

What had made Tiffany do all of those crimes? She was such a sweet lady. It was almost impossible she had betrayed Yunho.

 

Yuri kept her eyes strained on Tiffany’s averted face. She didn’t know what to make of this situation. Sure Tiffany had helped the sick bastard. But on the contraire to what Yunho had said, she had seemed being forced to do all of this.

 

“Tiffany,” Yur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter