The Hunger

Chasing Rabbits
Ellie's Pov
 
It's a new day today and still no calls from the kidnappers….It's weird, most gangs who kidnap are looking for money aren't they,or that's what I've read about in stories. They must have known Gyu's father is a wealthy businessman, which by the way is missing as well. However, I think Bob and Peter, his assistants are hiding something. Why wouldn't Sunggyu's dad want his son back? Myungsoo's safety also worries me, those gangster probably don't know that he is also Gyu's father's son. 
 
"Are you ready, Ellie?" Nina was ready to go out.
 
"Team Batman go go! You can do it!" Dongwoo cheered us up. 
 
We decided to divide the group into two teams, one was to keep gathering information on the pirates and the other was going to try and find Batman to ask him for help. Woohyun, Nina, and I formed our own team and headed out to the streets. 
 
"Well then, let's go to that convenience store Woohyun was talking about." I told them.
 
"The girl with the banana milk?" Nina asked.
 
"Yup." I walked in front of them, leading the team.
 
"GUYS!!! GUYSS!!!" Suddenly we heard someone yell and approached us fast on a skateboard.
 
"Oh…Its the Silver Surfer!" Woohyun joked. 
 
"Sungyeol, about time you show your face." Nina told him.
 
"Yeah man, where have you been? I thought you've gone missing on us too." Woohyun told him.
 
"Sorry guys, my boss is sick so I been working double shifts. I was just at Hoya's and he told me you guys were coming here so…"
 
"Are you team Batman?" I asked him and he nodded. "Okay then, let's go in." I pointed at the entrance of the convenience store.
 
"Err…guys….before that I think theres something you should know." Yeol tried saying something but Woohyun and us got too excited and entered the place, leaving him talking on his own.
 
"Guy's…wait…It's important….it's about…."
 
"HURRY UP SUNGYEOL!" Nina yelled. 
 
 
Sungyeol's Pov
 
"Sigh…okay okay I'm coming," I sighed. 
 
Since it had been so many days already with Sunggyu missing I thought I should let them know that he is actually Batman. I really tried keeping his secret but it was time to let them know for the good of him. 
 
…I'll just tell them after they're done here…I still had no idea what we were doing in this small store. 
 
"Hello. Welcome." The girl at the convenience store greeted us. "How can I help you?"
 
"Hi. Can you please show me the most popular brand of banana milk?" Woohyun said in the most serious tone I've ever heard him speak in. It was almost comical…..what the hell….Even the girl was surprised.
 
"Uhmm…okay…come with me." The girl made us followed her to the refrigerator section….I just realized something….SHES TOTALLY HOT! WOAHH SUNGGYEOL SHES YOUR TYPE….I started blushing in the back.
 
"Thank's Sara." Woohyun smiled greasily at her.
 
…How does he know her name? Does he know her? URghh….I was ridiculously jealous.
 
"Huh." The girl turned around confused. "How do you know my name?" She asked Woohyun.
 
"I uhhh….I …" Woohyun didn't know how to respond……does he stalk her!? yah!
 
"I don't think we've met before." She told him.
 
"Really? Cause I think we have." Woohyun winked.
 
Woohyun was grossing me out so I elbowed him and pushed him away, placing myself in front of the gorgeous girl.
"Hi. I'm Sungyeol." I smiled. 
 
"Uhmm….hi." She waved awkwardly.
 
"So the banana milk?" Ellie broke the awkward moment. "Oh, yes it's this one." Sara finally pulled a bottle from the fridge. 
 
"It's the same one." Woohyun took it and began examining it.
 
….I'm so confused…why are we here asking this pretty girl for banana milk?...
 
 
Ellie's Pov
 
I think Woohyun and Sungyeol were getting too distracted with the girl and forgot their mission of asking this girl if she knew Batman, so I took over and found a way to bring it up. "Do you sell any comic books?" I asked her and she lead me to where they were. "No Batman huh?" I said I saw the shelf had nothing of him. "I don't think so, no."
 
"Batman is my favorite!" I told her and she just nodded politely. Nina also joined in the conversation. "Have you heard of the Batman in this town?" She whispered to Sara. "Yes! I have!" Her eyes lit up with excitement.
 
"Really?! Have you seen him?!" Nina asked as the boys joined us too.
 
"Yes." She nodded. 
 
"SERIOUSLY?!" Woohyun and Nina exclaimed at the same time.
 
"He likes to shop here." She said calmy and then we asked if she knew what he looked like or any other information about him, but according to her, he only comes in with his hoodie and mask on. 
 
"Sigh…" Nina and I were disappointed. 
 
"He always gets that banana milk." Sara pointed at the bottle Woohyun was holding.
 
…Ahh I see…okay this is why she handed this to "Spiderman" the other night….sigh..this thought to be clue leads to nowhere...
 
"Let's go guys." Nina told us and we all left except Woohyun who was still staring at the bottle like it was some kind of magic globe.
 
"WOOHYUN!!!" We all yelled.
 
"….huh?…" He looked around. 
 
"Let's go! come on!….sigh this is so disappointing…." Nina commented.
 
"It makes sense…it all makes sense….I knew it…" Woohyun mumbled to himself. 
 
"What makes sense?" I asked Woohyun.
 
"Actually, what I been wanting to tell you guys." Sungyeol interrupted my question to Woohyun. 
 
"It's about Sunggyu." Now everyone was carefully listening. "What is it?" I asked curiously.
 
"I know I haven't known him for that long, and you guys probably won't believe me…err..I mean…I have no proof or anything….but you see Gyu…."
 
"Cough cough cough" Woohyun started choking on his banana milk diverting all their attention.
 
"Cough Cough…I'm okay guys…cough…" 
 
"Anyway…go on." Nina told Yeol.
 
"Oh…well actually the person you're looking for….is…"
 
"Batman." Woohyun finished his sentence.
 
"Yes. We are." Nina and I stared at him like waiting to make sense of what he was trying to say. 
 
"Sunggyu is…."
 
"OMG YEOL TRY THIS MILK." Woohyun suddenly shoved the bottle on Sungyeol's mouth while Nina and I stared at each other confused. 
 
"Sunggyu is what?" I asked Yeol again after Woohyun was finished choking him to death. 
 
"IT"S SO GOOD RIGHT?!"
 
"Errr…" Sungyeol now turned his gaze to Woohyun and then looked around suspiciously. 
 
"OH YEAH ITS AMAZING WOOHYUN! HA HA" 
 
"Sungyeol." We both stared at him to talk. 
 
"…Myungsoo's brother…he is my best friend's brother…and believe it or not I do care about him a lot."
 
"That's so sweet of you Sungyeol." Nina smiled and patted his back.
 
"Don't worry Yeol, we will find him." I added and then glanced at Woohyun who was now looking inside the empty banana milk bottle...Why is Woohyun acting like this?
 
.......sigh.....Myungsoo where are you? I looked at my phone but he hadn't replied to my text message....I miss him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Myungsoo's Pov
 
I was tired of sitting there doing nothing but reading online articles about pirates, so I secretly went out into the streets with a hoodie and mask. I wasn't scared of the dangers of getting into fights, It was something I was used to since young. I learned how to fight on the streets after all. I went to that same park where they took Sunggyu and saw three men smoking on the grass with some beer. I walked to them and asked. 
 
"Hey, I'm looking for some Pirates. You know them?" I asked in a cool and calm tone. The three men immediately stood up to face me. I know It doesn't make any sense, but I was purposely looking for a fight, I kind of made a plan of my own without telling the others. Truth is, they would have never allowed me to do it. 
 
"Who are you?" One of the guys said, spitting on the ground as he walked towards me. 
 
"So you're a pirate?" I asked with a tone of excitement. 
 
"What do you want with us?" Another one spoke. 
 
"I want to challenge you!" I pointed at all three of the guys. "One. By. One." I smirked.
 
"HA HAHAHA what kind of idiot is this? Remove your mask." The man demanded. 
 
"Nope. You're gonna have to beat me first." I smiled confidently angering them even more. 
 
"We have to teach this kid a lesson" One of the guys was about to start the fight but one of them stopped him. 
 
"No, Let's do it his way. I'll teach him." He signaled the rest to back off and then approached me quickly and grabbed my collar. I let him do that on purpose. 
 
"You think this is a joke don't you ha! Well I'm gonna break every single bone in you." He threatened but received a smile from me as response, followed by a push that almost knocks him down. Of course the push only made him want to come at me faster but by then I had already prepared my defense and my fists were ready to begin the fight. The man looked only a few years older than me, but his technique was nothing compared to other people I've fought before. He was strong I give him that…..Maybe I should have hit the gym more often….I thought as I dodged every single one of his attacks.
 
 "Ha! Are you only good at dodging, I bet you aren't even strong enough to throw a good punch." The guy tried to get arrogant so I gave him what he wanted, a punch in the face. 
 
After that, the other two tried to come at me simultaneously but I took them down no problem. When all three were on the floor I told them. "Tell this to your boss: Iron Man is coming." I laughed a little to myself since I was still not used to the ridiculous name. 
 
"What do you want?!" One of the guys on the floor asked me but I turned around and left without answering. 
…Not yet….They need to fear us first...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Nina's Pov
 
I was walking around with Ellie, Woohyun, and Sungyeol after we left the convenience store, we decided to sit by some benches by the street, right around the corner from where we were. The guys and Ellie were arguing about something while I couldn't help but to space out……sigh…..Batman….Sunggyu….How are we going to find you guys…truthfully I was more worried about Sunggyu, naturally…But it's weird, it's like Batman had completely disappeared…and right now when we need him the most….sigh…I put my hand in my pocked and pulled out the little monkey keychain that belonged to Batman….I forgot I still had this with me….It's a monkey..ha he must like it so much since he likes banana milk too according to that girl Sara. As I recalled various moments with Batman, such as the kiss I stole from him, other memories of Sunggyu started to intercept my mind. Like the time I tried scolding him for bullying a girl at school, he pushed me against the wall.
[Flashback] "Are you done with the insults?" He asked. "Im…I'm NOT done!" I said awkwardly. "Okay then…Please…continue." He placed his gaze on my lips as he waited for me to speak. [End of Flashback]
 
I shook my thoughts away and stared at the monkey key chain….Why am I thinking of this right now…I was trying to think of Batman…As I tried to get my thoughts back together I looked out to the street and noticed a person smoking while sitting on the curb. He stood up to throw the end of his cigar in the trash bin which was close to us. I did not pay too much attention since at first It seemed like a passerby. However, when I saw him up close, my eyes widened in shock. 
 
…..it's that guy that tried to kidnap Ellie and me!! From the first time Batman had to help us….He threatened me to roll me down the hill, if it wasn't for Batman I could have been dead!….We accidentally made eye contact and I immediately looked away, my next move was going to be to scream or run away but the guy turned around quietly and left….I really hope he doesn't remember who I am. I gulped. 
 
"Yoohoo Nina to Earth." Woohyun waved his hands in front of me as he noticed me spacing out. 
 
"You okay?" Eliie asked. 
 
"Yeah…Yeah I'm fine…just…thinking." I lied. It seemed nobody else noticed. Since the guy left quietly I decided not to think much of it. Maybe I was wrong and it was someone else.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pirates Boss Pov
 
YOU GOT BEAT UP BY WHO?!" I had enough of these idiots telling me they couldn't complete their tasks because they got taken down. I thought since we captured Batman this trend would end. 
 
"I'm sorry boss I'm really really sorry." I had about five guys lined up on their knees in one of the factory rooms. They were all about to be punished. 
 
"WHO WAS IT?!" 
 
"I don't know boss, he said he was Iron Man." He told me. 
 
"ARE YOU JOKING WITH ME?!" I grabbed the guy's collar. "IRON MAN?!"
 
"No Boss I'm really not, he was there too." He pointed at another man.
 
"He's right, and there was also Hulk." 
 
"WHAT????!!!!!! IS THIS SOME SORT OF JOKE?!" I asked them.
 
"What about you huh?" I kicked one of the guys who had remained silent. 
 
"Captain America." He said making some guys laugh. It made me furious.
 
"IS THIS FUNNY TO YOU?! WHO THE HELL ARE THESE CLOWNS AND WHERE ARE THEY COMING FROM?"
 
"Boss…" William my only assistant who is actually smart called me. "Maybe they are with Batman. This could be dangerous."
 
"Boss, here are three extra idiots for you." Another guys came in the room, kicking three more of my guys into the punishment room. "So what's the story this time, you got beat up by a superhero too?" I asked sarcastically.
 
"Yes Boss, it was someone called Iron Man, he told us to tell you he was coming." They confessed. 
 
"WHAT?!! ARGHH I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS….WILLIAM!!"
 
"Yes Boss."
 
"Go find these so called super heroes and bring them all to me." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Simon's Pov
 
 I ran in the room where Giano was keeping watch of Batman. He was still unconscious and Giano offered to watch him for a few hours while I ran some errands. 
 
"I'm back!" I told him but he was too occupied reading a magazine. 
 
"Huh?" I looked around. "Where is Dino? Aish he hasn't showed up yet, if Batman doesn't wake up soon Boss will not only kill me but Dino as well, where did he disappear to?" I ran my fingers through my hair. 
 
"Dino is an idiot." Giano said calmly.
 
"He just really doesn't like this kid. Maybe if we told him of our plan to ask Batman to help us escape from this gang..."
 
"Don't even think about it. Dino would ruin it all. " Giano told me and I sighed…..he could be right…Dino is too hot headed….
 
"Oh by the way have you heard of an Iron Man?" I changed the topic.
 
"What?" Giano was alarmed.
 
"I just heard that theres a person who calls himself "Iron Man" and is going around beating some of our guys."
 
"Iron Man?" Giano put down his magazine and began to think.
 
"You think there are more of these kids out there?" I asked and Giano stood up quickly and stormed out of the room. "Hey where are you going?" I asked. "To find out." He told me and I shrugged. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sunggyu's Pov
 
……Iron Man?……Could that be……....Myungsoo?!…..
 
"Hang in there boy, I'll go get you some water." Simon told me even though I wasn't supposed to be conscious yet. Simon always talked to me thinking I wasn't actually listening. He would try to get some water in my mouth from time to time so I wouldn't dehydrate. I was kind of thankful for that.
 
When he left the room I immediately stood up……Myungsoo is beating some pirates?…I know he is perfectly capable of doing it since I can do it too..pirates aren't that strong to begin with…Could he be looking for me?
……Aishhhh I'm too hungry to think properly right now…its been 2 days without food…almost three now i don't even know anymore….I heard Simon was about to come in the room and I purposely remained in a sitting position with my head looking at the ground.
 
"Here, I brought you some…-GASPS-  *glass of water drops from his hands*
 
Simon stood there frozen in shock. "You're Awake." He mumbled and then tried to approached me almost like he feared me or something.
 
"Ummm are you…okay…how are you feeling?" He asked carefully trying to get a full look at my face which was still facing the ground. 
 
I rubbed my forehead and faked pain since I had to act the part. "I'm….I'm……" I faked not being able to speak properly too. 
 
"You..?" Simon listened attentively.
 
"I……Oww" I faked a headache.
 
"Oh boy…are you hurt. Can you see, can you hear me, do you remember anything..omo you aren't impaired in any way are you?" Simon panicked.
 
"I'm hungry." I finally spoke…..please….food…..please….
 
"Right! You must be starving. Okay, you wait here I'll bring you food and drinks. Just rest okay, i'll be right back." Simon told me before he rushed out of the room, of course locking it on his way out….I am a prisoner after all, I didn't care for that at the moment, all I wanted was food. Do you know what more than 24 hrs without food is? It's worse than anything right now considering my situation. Which by the way….owww…..I scrunched forward…I may have broken a rib….I checked for other broken bones but It seemed I was still in one piece. My knees were bruised badly though, I tried standing up and walking around the room but It began hurting after a few minutes of standing. I sat back on the ground and waited patiently for Simon.
 
…Myungsoo, you better not do anything stupid…I thought to myself, really I was worried for my little brother. I cant believe I just called him that, but anyway it worried me having him involved.….oww…..I accidentally hit my bruised elbow…..Maybe, just maybe….I could use a little help from Myungsoo this time. 
 
 
 
 
 
Dino's Pov
 
Does Boss really plan on recruiting this Batman to our gang? Why would he tsk, I don't care what the rest of the pirates say, I won't let him get off easily. I will make him pay for what he did to me that night. Lucky me, I accidentally bumped into someone familiar. It was that girl that Batman was trying to save... could it be his girlfriend?….What would Batman do If I had this pretty girl in my hands? ….I decided to to a little bit of stalking to make sure.  She was walking with her friends while holding a keychain. 
 
"You still have that?" Someone asked her and she nodded.
 
"I still need to give this to Batman. I miss him." She answered.
 
……this girl is definitely involved with Batman……Count your days young lady….or should I say, Nina….
 
….Batman won't be able to save you this time…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
______________________
Author's Note: Short update cause I didn't want to make you wait too long. Next ones will be longer hopefully, and more action coming :P