The Bolts

Chasing Rabbits


Ellie's Pov

As I was coming down the stairs on Sunggyu's house, best friend Nina came in running out of nowhere to punch Sunggyu on the face. My eyes widened so much from the shock.

 

Nina's Pov

After meeting Batman and becoming interested in supeheroes, I began to re evaluate myself. I figured all my life, I have been a coward, a nobody. But today it was different, my best friend was in trouble and I had to help her somehow. I summed up all the courage I had and did things never in my life, I thought I would do. I didn't just punch a person, I punched Sunggyu, the most feared guy in school. The one with the worse reputation…the bully... the kidnapper…I punched that person. If only I had thought of that before I laid my hands on him….Nina…you're pretty much dead meat….Sorry Ellie…I tried.

 

Sunggyu's Pov

It took me a few seconds to process the situation as I was on the floor…what's happening…Did….d…did…this girl just punched me!? Where did she even come from?!…."You! Let go of my friends right now!" She yelled fearlessly. I wasn't the only one speechless and shocked, everybody else in the room was, including my good for nothing bodyguard. "ww…w…what…the hell?" I stuttered as everybody else started speaking again. "Nina!" Ellie came running down the stairs while Myungsoo walked over to us. "Sungyeol? What in the world are you doing here?"  "Myungsoo are you okay!" "Yes but…" Myungsoo stopped and stared at me as I got up.

 

Myungsoo's Pov

Sunggyu looked so pissed even I was a little concerned. "Nina, its not what you think. Sunggyu isn't bad." Ellie tried speaking to her as she grabbed her shoulder. "What did they do to you?!" Nina was still angry. "Nothing I'm fine!" She confirmed but Sunggyu was about ready to explode, so much that his friends sensed it and walked over to him. "Okay, then we should go." I tried to leave but Ellie didn't let me. "Wait. Nina, I think you should apologize. Sunggyu was only giving me hospitality. He did nothing wrong." She explained. "Is that…true?" Nina now looked like she regretted it. Honestly she gave him such a good punch I didn't mind, but it was a misunderstanding so it kind of for him. I began to think that I did the exact same thing earlier. I punched him too….tsk…who cares, he is such an anyways.

 

Sunggyu's Pov

This girl….Ellie's friend…she is a complete psycho. What is she a bull? I just don't understand how she even managed to punch me. I consider myself a strong fighter with good defense, to think that such a flimsy girl can lay a hand on me is ridiculous!  I thought as I walked away from the scene. It was too noisy so I simply walked away while everybody else argued. I went to the kitchen to serve myself a glass of water. I wasn't even that angry to be honest, it must have been from the shock….she definitely caught me off guard…that's not possible….I rubbed my cheek that she punched and then stretched my neck…..isn't that the same creeper that tried to take off my mask while I was sleeping at the park….man, why did I have to get involved with her…I should have let those gangsters throw her down the hill.

 

Ellie's Pov

I was just as confused as everybody else was, but I felt like I needed to explain my part in order for everyone to be on the same page. "When I got out of class, some girls were bothering me. Sunggyu came in and helped me out, then Myungsoo arrived too. I ran away and fainted and somehow Sunggyu's driver brought me here." I told everyone. "I'm not sure I buy that." Nina was thinking too hard. "Trust me on this one, I wouldn't still be here if they hadn't treated me well." I explained to Nina. "So you aren't kidnapped?" Sungyeol asked Myungsoo. "No!." Myungsoo responded. "Yah…well you never replied your text!" He complained. "hahahaha you thought Sunggyu kidnapped them?" Woohyun all of a sudden started laughing. "Sunggyu can't even trap a bug hahaha" Dongwoo laughed as well. "Yah! What's so funny?!" I scolded them for laughing at him. "Where is Sunggyu?" I noticed that he had disappeared. I was gonna walk around and look for him but Nina pulled me back. "Ellie…I think we should go." "Yeah let's go." Myungsoo and Nina told me. "No. Not until you make things right with Sunggyu."

"Uhh Ellie…I shouldn't see him.." She tried to get out of it. "No. You owe him an apology." I said firmly. "What does it matter, let's go already." Myungsoo tried to convince me. "You too Myungsoo. You need to apologize too." I said strictly. I just couldn't stand the unfairness of his situation. Yes, he isn't a saint or anything but in this particular case he did nothing but help me out. The least I could do was to clear his name.

"Hi, I'm Dongwoo." I saw him introduce himself to Sungyeol. It was such an awkward way of meeting. "Errr…I'm Sungyeol." He returned the handshake and then glaced at Myungsoo as if he had done something wrong. "I'm Sungjong!"…"Yo..It's Hoya." They all decided to introduce each other and so I stared at Nina so she could do it as well. She hesitated so I pushed her forward. "I'm Nina." She said shyly. "HI!" They all greeted her with a grin like nothing serious just happened. "Sunggyu is in the kitchen." Hoya informed us. "Let's go!" I tried to drag Nina. "Other way." Dongwoo pointed towards the kitchen. "Where are you going?" Myungsoo asked me and I pulled him by the arm. "Let's go."" I demanded us three go to the kitchen and set things straight.

 

 

Sunggyu's Pov

…1…2…3…Relax Sunggyu relax…breathe in….breathe out…I was trying to meditate in the kitchen, hoping everyone would leave my house already. Just go back there…and kick them all out once and for all…I was thinking to myself when Ellie, Myungsoo, and the psycho, showed up. I stared at them as they walked in and took a seat on the kitchen table….what do they want now?…..Ellie was the first to speak "Sunggyu…first, I would like to apologize for all the trouble, I think this is all my fault." It really wasn't…"I already told them and cleared the misunderstanding." She continued and then nudged the psycho who avoided eye contact. "umm…s.s.ssorry..?" She said nervously…..tsk….yeah sure you are….."Fine, lets set it clear. Ellie says you helped her so I was wrong to punch you. You can punch me too next time." Myungsoo also spoke….well this is awkward and annoying…"Don't worry, I'll make you pay for those punches." I threatened Myungsoo who wanted to say something right away but was nudged my Ellie.

 


 

Woohyun's Pov

The rest of us were waiting in the living room while the others went to the kitchen to talk. We were all trying to eavesdrop, hoping Sunggyu wouldn't start a fight. In reality, we were all aware of Sunggyu's feelings towards his brother. We all hope they make up since they are family after all. I've known Sunggyu for a long time and I know he truly cares for Myungsoo. I recently overheard Mrs Won talking about their past. It seems like they got along when they were younger and naive to the family problems.  It was a shame that their relationship was affected as they grew older and understood their parent's situation. Sunggyu and Myungsoo's friendship was cut short when they found out that they were half siblings. If they hadn't known they would have probably keep being friends. After that Sunggyu was raised as an only child and by the looks of it, he had a fairly lonely childhood. And even though he has us as his friends, Sunggyu is a pretty lonely person. We all hope that he can rely on his brother as well.

Hoya, Dongwoo, Sungjong and I already investigated Myungsoo. We weren't going to blindly support a guy we barely knew. So, we asked around the streets until we found information about his past. This guy had a rough childhood, he was a good son and had many jobs to support his mom. He was also a good student until he was obligated to drop out due to the situation. His mom was sick for many years until she finally passed away a few years ago.  Myungsoo now lives with his friend Sungyeol who we only just met. We all knew him by name though, we knew exactly where he lived. We're scary I know. But anyway...

After looking at both sides, we understand why they would want to hate each other. Sunggyu sees Myungsoo as the reason his family became dysfunctional. His parents can't stand each other. Meanwhile, Myungsoo probably envies Sunggyu who appears to have the perfect family and economic stability, while he and his mom were pushed aside. Isn't it unfair that their bond was stripped by their parent's past mistakes? It is clear that they are both in a lonely situation right now. Mostly for Sunggyu, we just want him to feel like he has someone else besides us his friends.  Sunggyu doesn't realize it, but hating on his younger brother which was once his friend, is hurting him more than he thinks.

"What are they saying?" I heard Dongwoo whisper in my ear as we all hid behind a wall. Sungyeol was there too, worried for his friend. "I can't hear anything." Sungjong said before he gave up and went to sit back down. "I don't hear things breaking so I guess it's all fine." Hoya said and followed Sungjong. Dongwoo then shrugged and went to join them leaving both Sungyeol and I.  "Aish they need to hurry." I heard Sungyeol talking to himself….They will want to leave as soon as they stop talking. I can't let that happen. I wanted them to interact some more. I was very surprised to see how Sunggyu took all of this. Letting Myungsoo into the house without making a big fuzz…that just tells me a lot. I think subconsciously Sunggyu actually wants company. But not like he will ever admit it.

"You want to go that bad?" I asked Sungyeol which threw him off. It was kind of odd for me to tell him that. "What do you mean?" he asked….duh of course they would want to leave….they can't go so soon…Aish why aren't the other guys helping me think of something!!

 


 

Ellie's Pov

After we tried to clear things up with Sunggyu, things started to get more and more awkward. Just what is the relationship between Sunggyu and Myungsoo? I probably read too many books, but my senses told me that they were more than two people who disliked each other. Perhaps, they used to be friends. They way they painfully looked at each other was like… past lovers? I shook my head… Okay maybe not that but the point is that there must be something more to them than rivalry.

After we all said our apologies, we sat there quietly. Nobody knew what to say next, Sunggyu was just sitting there crossed armed and glaring at both Myungsoo and Nina. I kept moving my eyes around the room and the atmosphere was getting dark. "And you…." Sunggyu was the first one to break the silence. He was talking to Nina now. He leaned on the table to examine her closer. "You're a psychopath." He accused her, but Nina didn't hesitate to change the topic. "I heard you make Ellie do your homework." Her apologetic act was starting to disappear. "You what?!" Myungsoo was alarmed to hear that. "I volunteered." I lied. I did it because I felt like I owed him. It didn't matter to me anymore. Sunggyu seemed shocked to hear my lies. He looked at me confused as if asking me why. "I don't believe it." Nina told him…..Aish Nina don't make it any worse…..I spoke to her in my mind. All of a sudden Woohyun appeared in the kitchen. He was panicking over something.

"OMG OMG OMG GUYS!!!! SUNGGYU….ELLIE…..MYUNGSOO…Aren't you all forgetting something?" He told us making us stare at him confused."What is it now, Woohyun?" Sunggyu asked. "WE HAVE A MIDTERM TOMORROW!!" He reminded us…..oh no…

We all stared at each other for a minute and then sighed almost at the same time. "…" Sunggyu mumbled to himself while Myungsoo plopped on the chair looking defeated. We all had completely forgotten. "Let's go home now so you can study." Nina suggested. "Ellie wait! Do you have the notes?" Woohyun asked me. "I do, you need them?" I offered to share as I was pulling my notebook out of my bag. "Let's go Ellie." Myungsoo suggested but I handed my notebook to Woohyun. "Do you need the notes too Myungsoo?" I ignored his previous statement. "You haven't studied either have you? I know he hasn't." I said pointing towards Sunggyu. "It's fine."…"You know this counts for 40% of our grade right? Since we're all here, why don't we all study together for a bit." Woohyun's offer didn't seem like a bad idea.

 

Sunggyu's Pov

Who am I kidding, I'm completely worried about the test tomorrow. I should have studied sooner but its just that so many things happened, I didn't have the head for it. I had already repeated some semesters due to failing classes and this was supposed to be the last semester I was going to repeat… Sunggyu…you can't fail again….I automatically grabbed Ellie's book which was on the table and flipped to the chapter….forget everything, I need to pass this test….."Are you really going to study here?" I heard the psycho complain but no one replied to her as we all got busy with notes. "Here, you start with this section and I'll do that one, then we share notes. Sunggyu, you start on page 19." Ellie was the leading the study group.

 

Myungsoo's Pov

I found myself studying in Sunggyu's kitchen table. It was already late and Ellie wasn't going to move from there. I honestly was worried about the test too, however, the only thing that worried me other than being near Sunggyu, was that his parents could come home and see me….It's so late already though…Are they even coming home?…I looked at my phone to check the time and it was close to 1 am…..I guess I'll study for now, and its not like I can force Ellie out of here. As much as I didn't want to stay, I wanted to respect her decision. I know she feels like she owes this guy for helping her back there. Aish….I should have been the first to come, why Sunggyu out of all people…"Myungsoo!" Ellie nudged me. "Don't space out, start reading." Ellie ordered me and I obeyed.

 

Nina's Pov

My jaw dropped a little when I saw them scramble through their notes and papers. They are studying together?! Right now? I just couldn't believe. Ellie must have lost her mind. This is Sunggyu's house people! what are you all doing!! Myungsoo who also wanted to go started reading and I was left there watching….urgh why can't we go home already!! I sat there rolling my eyes at the unbelievable situation I was trapped in…..It's 1 am and I'm trapped in this 's house…I still disliked him even though Ellie told me that he helped her. I glared at him as I watched him read a textbook. I guess he sensed me since he looked up a few seconds later. "You..... Go away." He pointed towards the door with his pencil….urgh!!…"Don't want to." I said with attitude.

"Forget that Sunggyu, just study." Woohyun told him. "How am I supposed to study when this psycho is staring at me?" Sunggyu complained. "Yah Nina, I know he's handsome, but staring is distracting," Woohyun told me making me scoff.  When I directed my eyes back at Sunggyu I saw him smirk cockily. "Oh, so that's how it is." His tone suddenly changed. "You should have said that from the beginning." Sunggyu was still smirking. "Don't get ideas." I warned him. "Shhhh!!" Ellie suddenly shushed us. "Let's not distract each other." She was so into studying I wasn't gonna get anything through her. Sunggyu had already resumed to reading so I told them I would stay there quietly.

 


Sunggyu's Pov

After studying all night, my eyes shut down and from then, I had no idea what happened. "You don't need to worry, I'm here. I'll aways be here for you." I heard a voice in my mind. It was the voice of a girl, it was sweet and pleasant to my ears. "Will you hold my hand?" She asked and so I gently held it, enjoying the softness of her skin brush against the rough surface of my hand. I wanted to hold it until…..

Suddenly I realized that I had completely passed out on the kitchen. I was still seating on the chair but my upper body was leaned on the surface of the table. One of my arms was extended, reaching over the person sitting across the table. I slowly woke up and felt like my arm was being grabbed by someone. With my eyes still closed, I tried to pull away but a hand was holding mine. I opened my eyes and saw that psycho holding my hand while sleeping. She kept mumbling something like, "I love you too, let's always be together….like this…" ..."Aish!!!" I quickly pulled away making her wake up by the sudden movement.

 

Nina's Pov

I don't know what even happened but I was having such a nice dream. I finally met batman and we were sitting together on the beach, holding hands. He even said he loved me….alsdjalsfj it was the best dream ever…if only it was reality. The only sad thing about the dream is that it was ruined when I opened my eyes. The first person I saw was the person I least wanted to see. Sunggyu. I yawned and looked at the clock then gasped. "ELLIE ELLIE WAKE UP!" I started to yell.

When they all woke up they scrambled to pick up their stuff and go get read for class. It was still early so we had time to go back and change. When we all walked out of the kitchen, Sungyeol was sleeping on Hoya's shoulder with his feet intertwined with Dongwoo's. "SUNGYEOL!" We woke him up and he rushed out of there before the rest of the guys woke up. "See you later Sunggyu." Ellie was the only one to say goodbye before we all left.

We all spread out and decided to meet later in school. I went with Ellie to her house and quickly showered before we headed out to school. Luckily, her parents were on a business trip, so no one was home to notice we were gone all night. Good thing I had done my homework before hand and had no tests. I sighed and went to class.

 

Ellie's Pov

After the test, we were all exhausted. I didn't think I did that bad since I took awesome notes. These guys probably did okay too, since they studied from my notes. I was confident n my studying skills. My next concern was that I did not want to see those bully girls again, but they followed Sunggyu when he came out of the classroom. While everyone was getting ready to leave, I just stood there thinking back of the terribly long day that yesterday was. I had no time to analyze the events that happened. The first thought that came to my mind was…."You know Ellie,  I don't care about what anyone says. You're an awesome girl just the way you are. I want to get to know you better…better than them…better than anyone else…Will you let me do that?"…..I'm starting to feel my own heartbeat….Did he really say those things or was I dreaming? ..I felt my whole body feel hot as I felt a pair of eyes stare at me from behind. I don't even know how I sensed it. I looked back and Myungsoo was there staring at me with his bag ready. We were the only ones left in the class. "Are you ready?" He said before he stood up and walked to the door to wait for me. "Huh?" I blinked my eyes in confusion. "Let's go already, you crazy rabbit." He expressed before he came over and grabbed my wrist to pull me out of the class…..what is he doing?…

"Uhh…where are we going?" I asked as I was being dragged around campus. Not that I cared. "Lion King." He said and I knew right away where he meant. That rock hidden on campus. "Oh…" I said and followed…What am I supposed to say…Ellie why are you being like this, this is just Myungsoo…I mentally slapped myself before we arrived.

"You're so quiet." He told me. "I'm…am I?" I laughed nervously. "Are you still upset about those girls bothering you?"…."..Uhh.." Honestly I was, before Myungsoo told me those things while I was asleep. Maybe if he hadn't I would still be upset. "You are a billion times better than them. Don't even concern yourself over it." He told me making me smile. "It's fine, Myungsoo." I told him.

"Is it really?" He distrusted my words. "What is this right here then?" He poked a small bruise I had on my forehead. It was from the time I was hit by the bucket. I guess it didn't show until now. "Ouchhh" I complained even though he barely even touched it.

"Don't do that!" I yelled.

"Why, you did the same thing. Remember?"

"Are you taking revenge?"

"Maybe, I am." He said playfully and made it seem like he was going to flick my forehead so I jumped back.

"hahaha" He started laughing at my reaction while I stared at him in disbelief. "

"You gangster." I accused and sat back down on the rock, but a few more feet away from him.

He noticed the distance and quickly shorten it by moving closer to me. I reacted and moved even farther, but every time I tried to get away he would move in even closer. "You know that's not gonna work right?" He told me causing me to start that uncomfortable feeling again. "The more you run away, the more I'm going to chase you." ….I gulped….

"I'm not running away." I told him nervously. "That's good to know." He said before he finally moved back a bit. Though, he was still very close. Now we were both sitting on the edge of the rock with our feet hanging out in the air. Myungsoo started to open up his bag, pulling my attention to it. "I packed lunch." He told me taking out two giant sized rice balls. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I saw them. I immediately took it out of his hand and ate it like a maniac since I was starving…."Wow, okay." He smiled and then ate his own.  "Yumm….thanks." I expressed when I was all done with my rice ball, I leaned my back against the rock now to stare at the sky while Myungsoo was still sitting. After he finished his food, he followed me and did the same. He didn't say anything else after that and just laid there making me question whether I should start a conversation or not. Is it my turn to speak? If I don't say anything he's gonna notice I'm acting weird. But what to say??…When I glanced back at him he had his eyes closed and his hands behind his head. He was smiling like he was contempt, so I did the same and closed my eyes too.

 


Myungsoo's Pov

Just spending time with Ellie there was enough, there was no need for words at the moment. I was just enjoying it, wondering why is it that I feel so happy doing practically nothing. Laying on a rock with Ellie. That's all I wanted to do.

 Another truth, is that we were both exhausted from staying up last night, in no time, we both rolled our feet back on the ground and fell asleep right there. I let Ellie sleep first, so I could place her head on my shoulder. Its not like I had it strategically planned it was just that….okay fine. It was all strategically planned. I've been wanting her to sleep on my shoulder for a few weeks now. I saw it in a movie and I couldn't resist. There are many things I plan to do and this was only the first. Trying very hard not to fall asleep, I failed on staying awake. Within minutes, I was asleep too, and that was probably one of the most peaceful naps I have ever taken. Everything just seemed right.

 

 

Ellie's Pov

I drifted to sleep but woke up several minutes later. I found myself sleeping on Myungsoo's shoulder, my hand placed on his chest like I was trying to hug him. I slowly pulled my arm away but was unable to move my head. He was sound asleep and if I moved that would have woken him up….Maybe I should just stay like this until he wakes up. I didn't know where else to place my arm, so I slowly placed it back across Myungsoo's chest and softly held on to his shoulder, I softly taped it as if I was trying not to get poked by a cactus. After staying immobile for a few more minutes I started to feel his heartbeat against my arm. It was so hypnotizing, like listening to it took me to another planet. I've never felt anyone's heartbeat this way. I almost wanted to place my ear against his chest. However, I was far too comfortable to move.

….If I was inside a romantic novel, this would be something the main characters would do….So this is what its like….I wonder what happens after this. It was as if this story was writing on its own. The Gangster that Fell from the Sky….Will there be stuff like this on the next chapter? and if there is, who is the author, Is it me or is it Myungsoo? Am I writing the novel, or am I a character in his own story? Would I be a main protagonist?

I blinked a few times before I noticed a bird on the tree above us. It was sitting there almost like it was staring at us, then another bird flew by. Now there were two birds, standing side by side. I was so focused on the birds I didn't notice Myungsoo waking up.

 


Myungsoo's Pov

When I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was Ellie. It couldn't be anymore perfect. I didn't move or make a sound so that she wouldn't see me and want to move away. I could still smell the shampoo on her hair.
My gaze was set on her as she was staring at something in the trees….She's awake, but she didn't move away from me…I smiled so much that she noticed. "You're awake?" She tried to sound natural but awkwardly rolled over. I remained where I was. "Is that us?" I told her. "huh?" "The birds you were just staring at." I explained. "haha…uhhh." She looked back and the birds where gone. 'What…birds?" She feigned innocence. "Oh. Maybe I saw wrong." I gave it up and stood back up as she did the same. "I'll see you later then?" She said first since it was time for us to go to our own class. "I'll be waiting like last time." I informed her. "Okay." She smiled and ran away.

I had many plans for us for when it was time to walk home together. It was going to be perfect, except that was all ruined by our friends. Sungyeol and Nina came to pick us up for dinner. They had some important thing to discuss apparently. …But I wanted to be alone with Ellie.... We all went to a small noodle shop. "How are you, Ellie?" Sungyeol asked her when we arrived. "I'm fine now. Thanks." She nodded. "So…what did you two want to talk about?" I somehow thought it was something important. "We need your help." Sungyeol said seriously and then looked at Nina who nodded in agreement. "What is it?" Ellie asked.

"Batman has disappeared." Sungyeol told us. "Huh?" "What? How do you know?" Ellie asked concerned. "Someone started a blog where they post his most recent appearances. No one has seen or heard of him in a week." Nina explained. "But that's only a week. Maybe he's busy." Ellie told them. "No. I have a bad feeling about this. Batman wouldn't do that." She argued. "I don't want to be rude but, we don't even know him enough to make assumptions." I told Nina.  "I know it. I just know it, something is wrong." She argued back. "Maybe he quit." Sungyeol sulked. "We can't let him quit." Nina said confidently. Meanwhile Ellie and I stared at each other wondering what was wrong with our friends. I thought I was gonna be on the same boat as Ellie but I was wrong. "So what are you going to do?" She asked. "We look for him, we know where he likes to hang out. The park." "Sounds fun. Let's do it." She smiled….what?…"But…" I stared at her and she shrugged. "What do you say Myungsoo, are you with us?"…."I guess, if Ellie is." I sighed.

 

Nina's Pov

I checked Batman's fan blog everyday and read all the user entries. Everyday I read a new story I fell in love with him more and more. He helped so many common people, not asking for anything in return. From kids to the elder, Batman would save them all. There was a post by a mother who claimed that her daughter was saved by him, he told the little girl not to let anyone call her ugly…kyahh why is he is just so sweet… I smiled as I remembered. I also held on to the monkey keychain that he dropped. I hoped one day to return it to him since it must be something precious. I rest my chin on my hands and looked up the ceiling, fantasizing about me meeting Batman. "What's wrong with her?" Myungsoo elbowed Ellie and she shrugged. "Aigoo. She's gone again." Sungyeol told them. I had completely spaced out. "Oh she's in Batman land." Ellie added.

"So what does he look like?" Myungsoo asked us expecting an answer. "Nobody knows. He is covered in a mask in all his pictures and he only comes out at night, so it's hard for the camera to capture detail." Sungyeol explained it to them. …Batman is beautiful no matter what he looks like…I didn't care for age or appearance, at this point, I was completely in love with him.

"How about we go right now?" Ellie said excitedly and lead us all out of the noodle shop. I'm glad my best friend decided to help, I know she's been going through a lot these days. "Here it is." It was the park where we saw him last time. "Let's all go together and…" "Let's split up." Myungsoo who had been quiet said quickly. "You two go that way, Ellie and I will check over there. Deal, go!" He didn't even let us agree and pushed Ellie away.

 

 

Myungsoo's Pov

You got to make the best of the situation right? keke…Some time alone with Ellie…I giggled proudly without her noticing. "I don't see him anywhere." She said after a few minutes of walking along the park. "Let's go back.." She was going to go back to the others but I stopped her arm. "Wait! Uhh we forgot to check over there." I pointed towards a tree that was somewhat far away. "Oh…Okay let's check." She turned around and I happily followed her. "So your friend likes Batman?" I asked her. "I guess so, I don't get it but oh well." …."So, you don't like Batman?" I needed to check. "No, I do." …what?! ARGHH!!……"You like him too?!" I asked. "Well, not like Nina does. I just admire him in a way. I mean, he really does it just to help others out, and he does it without seeking acknowledgment."

"I guess…"..... So she just admires him…okay…I can deal with that…I exhaled and smiled in relief. "Don't you find it admirable?" She asked me. "He's making me look bad. I don't go around saving others. What kind of guy does that make me seem like?" I complained making Ellie laugh. "Hahaha but Myungsoo, you're a good guy too." She patted my back like I was a pet.     

"Am I?" I smiled proudly.

"Well for the most part."

"Yah! What do you mean for the most part."

"You're a gangster after all." She continued to tease.

 

Ellie's Pov

"Who is better, Batman or me?" Myungsoo asked me a very strange question. "What? Hahaha.." I though he was kidding at first but then noticed his serious expression. The way he was looking at me while waiting for an answer was making my heart beat faster again. He stared into my eyes as if pleading for something. "I…haha Myungsoo…what kind of questionnn…" I stopped talking when he stood in front of me and took a step closer, narrowing all distance. His forehead was almost touching mine. "Who do you like better?" He asked again but his voice had no playfulness to it. His actions suggested I should respond to him seriously. "I…." I was struggling to speak due to nervousness. He then crossed his arms and continued to stare me down. "Stop joking around!" I pushed him back and in panic, broke the atmosphere.

"Yah! You didn't answer!" He pointed fingers and retreated back to his childish self. "Its you obviously! I don't even know Batman!" I yelled at him angrily. "Ha!" He smirked proudly. My heart was still racing from the encounter. I was trying to step on his foot as revenge, but miserably lost. He always manages to make me lose my balance. "Caught you." He held me the same as last time causing my eyes to widen. "You knew this was going to happen." He laughed as I stood still, along with the world around me.

 

Myungsoo's Pov

I know it may bother her, but I didn't care. I was enjoying every single moment of it. I felt like she didn't care anyway. What surprised me was that I expected her to complain or try to break free from my arms, but she just stood there. I saw that she looked down to see where my arms where holding her, just above the waist. I didn't think it was anywhere inappropriate for her to be staring at it like that. I made sure I was respectful of where I touched her……huh? Why isn't she moving?….I asked myself before my arms were loose enough for her to twist around to face me directly….oh uh…I knew I was in trouble when I saw sudden confidence in her eyes. "Myungsoo…" She called my name sending a shiver down my spine. My arms that were still holding her, let go. Ellie was now standing only a few inches away from me and I wasn't the one doing it. I never thought I would lose my cool but I lost it…."haha…Eh…Ellie?" I laughed nervously. Funny how the situation turned completely around and now I was the one sweating from nervousness. The tension was there.

**Phone Rings** "Hello?" Ellie answered her cellphone. "Oh, okay. We're coming." It was Nina on the other line. They all wanted to go home after the fail attempt to find Batman. Soon, we dropped the girls home and Sungyeol and I went back to the apartment.

….I wonder what Ellie was going to tell me before the phone rang….stupid timing!…I whined…..I didn't even get to hold her hand…I pouted and then sulked a bit. "Well you seem out." Sungyeol spoke. "huh?" "Out in another planet it seems, why is your face red?" He noticed. "I'm going to the bathroom." I said quickly and went to check if it was true.

 



Ellie's Pov

When I got home, the first thing I wanted to do was write. Writing fiction always eased my mind, It was a way for me vent out my feelings. Ever since I began writing The Gangster that Fell from the Sky, it seems like I'm writing more of a diary than a novel. However, I kept writing it as a narrative since I was too used to writing that way.

"Romeo's smile sent a thousand bolts of lightning that almost destroys Julia's sanity. When she was with him, she knew that she was the happiest, and with him around, everything would be okay. There was nothing to worry about. Just him telling Julia that she was the best, was enough for her to live a thousand more years."

"Done. Your turn." Nina came out of the bathroom. "Alright." I left my computer and went to get ready for bed. I should have guessed that Nina was going to peek in and see what I was writing. "Ellie, this is so beautiful." She squealed. "ah ha ha" I laughed nervously. "When are you gonna post it? This will be a big hit." She suggested….post it? My real life story…never!…."I don't know…probably never." I told her. "What? Why? It's so good. You don't have to be ashamed. Wait why would you be….OMG Ellie…is this story…. real?!" She finally figured it out. "Uhhh some parts, not all of it I mean…" "OMG OMG OMG did Myungsoo really let you sleep on his shoulder?" …urgh she read the entire chapter…."KYAHHHhhhhhhhh" She screamed and rolled on the bed. "SHH!!" I covered . "Shut up." "Ellie!! That's so cute I can't even…" "Yah!" I was too embarrassed. "It's okay, you don't have to be shy. Aigoo my best friend may be getting a boyfriend soon." She commented while I almost choke. "Boyfriend..?"….me? boyfriend?…Myungsoo?…nahh Ellie go to sleep. I told myself and curled in my bed not saying another word.

 


Nina's Pov

The next day, my class got cancelled again so I went to hang out with Ellie while her class started. We were both sitting at some coffee tables in front of the classroom when someone approached us. "HI!" It was Woohyun, one of Sunggyu's friends. He was strangely friendly. "Hi Woohyun." Ellie smiled. "Today we get the results for the midterm. I'm so nervous I'm going crazy. He confessed as he sat down with us. "You will do fine." Ellie assured him. "But what If I fail?! My mom will be so angry aishhh" The poor guy's leg was shaking.

"What are you doing here?" Myungsoo suddenly showed up and sat at the table. I could sense right away that he was ticked off. Most likely because another guy was talking to Ellie. He was totally jealous..."We are talking about the test." Ellie told him. "Oh…" Myungsoo scratched his head. "Right, we get the results today."

"Anyway, Ellie." I talked to her because no one else was saying anything. "I was looking through Batman's blogs and found this photo of a little girl he helped." I showed Ellie my phone. "Batman's blogs?" Woohyun had no idea. "Yeah Batman, our town's Batman not the comic book Batman." Ellie explained. "There is a Batman in this town?"…"Yeah. Haven't you heard about him yet? He is the best...." I started telling Woohyun about him. "Wow, really?" Woohyun said with amazement.


Sunggyu's Pov

I was waiting for class when I saw Woohyun sitting with Myungsoo, Ellie, and the psycho….Aishh why is he hanging out with them again?…I couldn't stand one of my best friends getting close to Myungsoo, so I went over there to drag my friend away. "Woohyun." I called him as I was approaching. "Oh hey Sunggyu, are you here to join us?" He replied. "Yeah right. Let's go. I pulled his backpack so he would stand up."…"But I don't wanna leave." Woohyun pouted. "Nina was telling me about his guy who…" "I don't care." I didn't let him finish. "Who are you to drag people away? He doesn't wanna go with you so let him go." Nina suddenly wanted to fight….Is she kidding me?

"Excuse me, did you say something?" I said sarcastically and continued to pull Woohyun away. He had already given up but then the psycho surprised me when she stood up and grabbed Woohyun's arm. "Let him go. You can't force people to do whatever you want." She accused…..what the hell is her problem?….Does she even know Woohyun?…."It's because of people like you that others have to live their lives hiding and being called weak. Enough Sunggyu, aren't you tired and pushing people down?"…..Is she calling Woohyun weak? This guy can put up a good fight if he wanted to. I've known him for many years, who the hell does she think she is to say those things to me. I was getting irritated.

 

Woohyun's Pov

This was certainly getting interesting. I've never seen anyone stand up to Sunggyu like that, other than us his friends. And to think its a girl too. I wonder how Sunggyu is going to react, if it was a guy he would have kicked his already, but Sunggyu would never touch a girl, how will he handle it?…."Do you know me?" Sunggyu asked Nina who was still standing solid. "I've heard enough about you to know what type of person you are."

"Nina, calm down." I saw Ellie trying to hold her back. "Let's go. Ellie told her. "No, not yet." Nina was still holding on to my arm. Funny, I think she thinks I'm getting bullied by Sunggyu…ha!…I secretly giggled. "You get your ugly claws off my friend right now." Sunggyu told the girl….Ugly claws, that sure is a mean way to refer to a girl's hands, to think they are fighting over me..I was still hiding a smile."Nina let's go." Ellie was still trying to calm her down. "NO! and what did you just say? Excuse me?"…"I said. Get your UGLY…CLAWS! OFF!" Sunggyu repeated it until this girl lost it and let go of my arm to slap him in the face, however, this time, Sunggyu caught her arm. "Don't even think about it." He told her just before Myungsoo decided to join. "That's enough." He got in between them both and brushed Sunggyu's hand off. "Let's go." He told the girls and they all left to wait for class somewhere else.


Ellie's Pov

I don't understand why Nina has been acting like this. She never really liked confrontation. She used to be just a sweet and shy girl, now she's gone ballistic. Its ever since she started idolizing Batman, that her attitude has changed. Everything she feels is unfair, she takes immediate action. Like a superhero would. Except, Nina was no superhero and Sunggyu was no villain. Isn't she being unfair to Sunggyu?..I even got a text message from him last night, thanking me for letting him use my notes. He actually thanked me. He isn't as bad as he seems. I don't dislike him anymore, and honestly when saved me yesterday, he was pretty cool. But that was never gonna go though Nina or Myungsoo's head.

 

Sunggyu's Pov

"You know, you could have said something you brat." I told Woohyun once the others had left. "I'm sorry, I was just too amused..err..I mean shocked." "Yeah right. What kind of friend are you, seriously." I complained. "I'm your bestest friend of friends!" He said in a high pitch aegyo voice that almost makes me puke. "Here, Here…have a drink. Relax." He took some juice out of his backpack and handed it to me. He spoke as I was drinking it. "Nina really is something, and I though Ellie was a case. Her friend is wild."

"Psycho." I said and continued drinking. The juice was helping me calm down….there's no point getting pissed off over something so meaningless….she is just a fly on the wall…ignore the pests….I self advised as I was almost done with the juice. "Aish but you came in at the wrong moment, she was telling me this interesting story about this dude called Batman." When Woohyun said that I automatically spit my drink and then choked.

"Cough cough cough' I hit my chest to relieve myself. "Gyu, are you okay? Anyway, I'll have to ask her again." …"Who cough cough cares about this…cough." I was still choking. "But not Batman Batman, this is an actual urban superhero, don't you like comic books, come on! Hey, Batman is your favorite." Woohyun told me as I finish my coughing fit. "Forget about it, Woohyun. Its pointless." I advised him, hoping he wouldn't look more into it. Good thing I decided to quit doing that stuff. Its not like I wanted to be a hero anyway. Its just that situations kept occurring in front of me while I was out running away on the streets.  Now that there was no one to bother me at home.  I decided to move back in, since neither of my parents lived there anymore. Besides, I didn't want to give Hoya so much trouble by staying at his place.

"Woohyun, what are you doing?" I asked when I noticed him read something on his phone. "I'm googling it." He explained. ...Oh no..Woohyun knows me too well he may recognize me....stop!!