The Chicken

Chasing Rabbits

Myungsoo's Pov

I went to class before Ellie and began doing my own thing. Soon, Sunggyu entered the classroom too and this time I was the one shooting him with a death glare. He noticed it right away and approached my desk. "Is something bothering you?" He asked sarcastically. "Yes, your existence." I told him and he scoffed. "Oh great. We feel the same way." He replied before walking away to his own desk.

After class was over, I waited a little bit to see Ellie leave first. While the crowds gathered around the hallway, I quietly followed her. She was so clueless, not like she was ever going to notice me anyway. I followed her to the book store where she bought a textbook and then to the cafeteria. She was in line trying to buy food while I was standing a bit far away but still keeping watch of her. "Hey Myungsoo!" One of my classmates greeted me. "Uh..Hi" I said awkwardly. "I was gonna ask you if you wanted to study together, since our exam is coming up and all." The girl told me…some help studying wouldn't hurt…except…."Sorry, I can't right now." I told her nicely. "If you do change your mind, contact me okay?" She told me. "I will. Thanks" I smiled at her and then waved goodbye. She is actually a nice girl, not as annoying as the others.

When I directed my sight back to Ellie she was already walking out of the cafeteria, I barely got a glimpse of her leaving….aish..she's too fast….I rushed out of the cafeteria to catch up with her.

 

 

Ellie's Pov

I was standing in line for what seemed like forever. As I was waiting, I looked around and found Myungsoo. Of course, it didn't even take a minute for him to get a girl to talk to him. He is nice to every girl, even smiling to her like that. Yeah sure, cool guy. You may have the whole school fooled but not me. You're weirdo. Tsk. I thought as I paid for my food. As soon as I was done I got out of there….Myungsoo isn't the only guy you know, they don't ALL have to go after him….this girl's don't know how to be original…I said. Ironically that is. I was thinking so much as walking that I didn't really pay attention to where I was going so I abruptly stopped to figure out where I wanted to go.


…Maybe I should go to the library…yes that way. I started walking towards that direction but then changed my mind….nah what if Sunggyu is there again…I abruptly stopped again and walked towards a sitting area in front of the building. Before I arrived, I saw that there was a big crowd of people so I stopped yet again…..I'll just go outside. I switched directions. Nope….other exit…I went back to use the other door.

 


Myungsoo's Pov

I think chasing after a wild rabbit is less tiring than trying to follow Ellie around. She kept switching directions and turning around quickly I almost got caught many times. One time I had to hide so fast that I almost fell into a trash can, yes, a trash can!….Why can't she make up her mind already….this is so tiring. I didn't regret it though, it was actually fascinating watching how a person can be so indecisive over something so simple….I bet she will end up at the Lion King rock…I told myself.

Surely, she ended up exactly there. If only she had thought of that in the first place. I sighed. As soon as she got there, she climbed the rock and sat down in the middle to open up her food bowl. She took a piece of orange chicken with her chopsticks and began to examine it in the air…why is she looking at her food like that for? I laughed. Several minutes later, she was still examining it. I was going to eventually reveal myself to her but I was just too curious as to what she was doing. Her behavior can be amusing.

 

 

Ellie's Pov

Sometimes when I'm thinking too hard I like to stare at things. It makes it easier to concentrate. As I was looking at the sauce slowly dripping from that chicken, I kept thinking…..Which one could be the real Myungsoo….the cool, popular, and normal kid at school… or the crazy hot headed Myungsoo that I know. He acts like two different people. It never really bothered me until now. Since I had two different perspectives on the topic I poked another piece of chicken with an extra fork that I had. I was holding the two pieces of, one on each hand. I looked back and forward trying to decide….cool Myungsoo…..crazy Myungsoo….cool……crazy…cool.....crazy After a while of turning my head from one side to the other, the chicken that I was holding with the chopsticks fell on the ground…."Cool." I followed with my eyes as it rolled off the rock. I immediately dropped my chopsticks and ate the piece I was holding with the fork. "Crazy." I said as I roughly chewed my food.

 

 

Myungsoo's Pov

I giggled as I watched her stare at the two pieces of chicken. She dropped one of the chicken pieces and watched it roll on the ground and then said to herself, "Cool." ….hahaha….just what in the world was she doing, I didn't know. After I saw that she had stopped acting weird and began eating her food normally, I decided to make an appearance.

I walked in naturally and climbed the rock. "Oh! You were here." I pretended while she just stared at me unamused still chewing her food. She had no expression on her face. "Are you that happy to see me?" I said sarcastically and a little disappointed at her lack of excitement. "Crazy." She mumbled. "What?" I leaned closer so I could her. "Nothing Nothing." She shook her head. "You know…" She finally started to speak. I listened attentively to what she was gonna say. "Orange chicken is still chicken underneath. Even when you take the sweet sauce away." …."Huh?" I wasn't expecting her to say something like that….what is that supposed to mean? "I'm saying this orange chicken is good either way because at the end of the day, It's still chicken." She explained. "Oh…haha…yeah…Chicken is good." I laughed.


She then took the last piece of her chicken and placed it in front of me. She wanted me to eat it. "But it's your last chicken." I didn't want to take her food away. "Eat it." She demanded so I let her feed me with her fork. "It's good right?" She asked as she watched me eat it. "Of course. It's chicken." I went along with her. "Exactly." She said firmly….Why is she so cute?…I couldn't hold my smile. She was very serious on the other hand. It's like she was really thinking deeply. "I want to try the rice too." I said as an excuse for her to feed me again. "Ahhh" I opened my mouth for her to do it. She looked confused for a second but then did it…"Don't tell me you didn't eat."  She said as she took the spoon out of my mouth. I shook my head as a no. "What?!" She looked shocked. "Myungsoo!" She scolded also. "What?" I asked innocently. "You need to have a full stomach otherwise you will cause trouble!"

"Ah…don't worry I won't."

"But still…"

"I'm okay." I laughed.

"No….." She opened her bag to look for snacks I guess. I tried to peek at her bag as she was going through it to see what kind of snacks she had in there.

"Here." She pulled out a granola bar.

"Granola?" I was kind of disappointed, Its more like a was expecting something else, I don't know…perhaps a banana.

"That's all I have." She told me.

"…Thanks." I took it trying to be grateful….I don't like granola…I guess I should eat it since she gave it to me. I was about to force myself to open the package when I caught her giggling.

"Just kidding. Give me that." She took the granola back and handed me a banana. My eyes started glowing from seeing that beautiful yellow fruit. I was just so happy I leaned back and laid on the rock….."Yes!" I exclaimed.

"This is the most beautiful thing I've seen all day." I told her as I raised the banana in the air to see it against the sunlight. I immediately sat back down and began to eat it. I couldn't hold myself any longer. "Thank you." I told Ellie who seemed pleased with herself.

 



Lara's Pov

"Hey Hey Hey Lara." Tina came to me running. "What is it?" "I got big news! You know that Ellie girl. I just saw her flirting with Myungsoo!" "What?! When, how?" "Just now, she trying to feed him lunch."…"WHAT!?….."I knew she was a fox, trying to play innocent."…"This can't go on like this. I'm not gonna let her touch my Myungsoo." I told Tina. "And some people saw her talking to my Sunggyu in the cafeteria too. You know what to do right, Lara."  "She needs to learn." …"Yup."

 


 

Ellie's Pov

After all my classes were over, I was going to walk home with Nina. She waited for me to go home together. We figured going alone would be dangerous after what happened last time. I was exiting the building to go meet Nina at the gates when I felt someone pull by backpack. I turned around quickly thinking it was a robber but it was just Myungsoo. "Aish!" I complained because he scared me. "Sorry, did I scare you." He laughed a little too much. "Its not THAT funny." I said grumpily. "I know but…its just…hahaha finally."…"finally?" It looked at him in disbelief.

"What, you're always the one giving me surprises." he defended. I playfully tried to step on his feet so that he would stop making fun of me. "Yah…yah…" he said as he jumped from side to side. "You can't get me, I'm too quick." He tried to joke but now I was determined to crush his foot. As I was trying step on him, I twisted my body in a weird way and stumbled on Myungsoo. He let me stumble on him and didn't move an inch, he was standing solid on the ground. I was about to pick myself up but she wrapped his arms around my waist so that I would be stuck.

….."Uh….what…are you doing?" I looked away nervously. It was hard looking at him in the eye when he was that close to me. "You can't go anywhere now." He said playfully. I tried to get away but he would tighten his arms. At that moment I didn't know what to do, should I laugh? should I be angry. My heart started to race and my face felt hot. When my eyes finally met with his and after that it was hard taking them away. "..Uhm…" I didn't know what to say in the awkward situation. He wasn't saying anything and it looked like he planned on holding me like that until forever. I may have realized too late that he was actually hugging me….why is he….what's going on?….

After I don't know how long that was, Myungsoo suddenly snapped back and quickly let go of me…."Anyway…" He cleared his throat and began speaking like normal. "It's too dangerous for you to be walking home alone, so I'm walking with you."…..did he really wait for me?….."It's okay…I'm walking with my friend Nina."…."That clearly didn't go well last time. So no, I'm walking you two home. Go!" He got behind me and lightly held my shoulders to push forward so I could walk. I wasn't done blushing from earlier and the sudden contact made me blush again. I was kind of speechless at that point.

When we got to the gates which weren't too far from where we where, I looked around for Nina but couldn't see her. The campus was mostly empty by now. "Where is your friend?" Myungsoo told me as he looked around too. I went outside the gates to see if she was already outside. Myungsoo found her first, leaning right against the gate. "Oh! There she is." He said loud enough for me to hear. Nina on the other hand looked like she had just seen a ghost or worse. She was blinking rapidly and then spoke slowly. "Are you two….dating?!" She dropped ….oh no…did she see that just now?….

"Ahh well…." Myungsoo looked around and scratched the back of his ear while I just was at a loss of words again…."Did you….see?"….."I saw everything." Nina confirmed. "No…haha…we were just playing." I laughed and pretended. "Hi. I'm Myungsoo." He also tried to end the awkward moment and introduced himself to Nina. "I'm Nina." They both shook hands. "Let's go?" Myungsoo suggested and all three of us began walking.

"So since when are you guys friends?" Nina asked us. "Since the semester started." Myungsoo was the one to reply. "Oh…I didn't know." Nina smiled and then glanced at me suspiciously. I know that look, she was going to be mad at me later for not telling her. "How long have you known Ellie for?" Myungsoo asked Nina. "Since we were five." Nina told the truth.  "Ah that's a long time." The two were making small talk while I stood quiet trying to process what happened earlier….......he hugged me…...

All of a sudden I heard a familiar guy's voice yelling for Myungsoo. We all turned around and it was Sungyeol. "Hey, what are you doing out here?" Myungsoo was surprised to see him.

 

 

Nina's Pov

As if it wasn't enough finding out that my best friend has some kind of a relationship with the most popular guy in school, I meet this other guy who brought me some news. I had never seen him before. "Hey, Myungsoo…oh hey Ellie…hi Nina…" He greeted me as if he knew me….who is he and why does he know my name. I glanced at Ellie again and she looked at me suspiciously….I'm going to kill her when I get home…how dare she keep this from me…."What's up Sungyeol?" Ellie told the guy who was still panting from running. "Guess who I just saw." …"Who?" Ellie asked. "Batman."….what…"WHAT?!" I reacted a little too much. "What? Where?" Ellie and I asked at the same time. "He was over there, sleeping on the park. He pointed towards the direction of it. "I think he's still there…"

As soon as Nina heard that Batman was at the park, she ran out before us. "Nina wait!" Ellie ran after her and Myungsoo and I followed.

 


 

Sunggyu's Pov

I had to run away again because the bodyguards were trying to bring me home. I went to rest by the park for a little bit, bringing my mask and hoodie again as a disguise from the bodyguards. I went and sat by a tree at the park. I pulled out my phone and called Hoya. "Are they still there?" I asked. "Yeah, they're in front of my house waiting for you to get back." "Let me know when they're gone." I told him and hang up.

…Those bodyguards are so annoying…I also kept getting calls from them repeatedly. After my phone rang about 10 times I couldn't take it anymore and answered it. "What do you want, Bob. Leave me alone!" I told him. "Listen. I won't look for you anymore, just listen to this. Your mother is going to be taken to a rehabilitation center tomorrow. Your father gave the order this morning."

"Well good." I was about to hang up. "Wait. He won't be able to be there for her, so he wants you to be present."

"And why doesn't he come himself, its his wife. His work in Japan is apparently more important isn't it?"

"She is also your mother." Bob argued.

"Well tell my mother I will visit her when she is completely sober."

"Sunggyu. She needs your support now. I will try pick you up at Hoya's tomorrow morning. Think about it. Goodnight." Bob hang up without even letting me reply.

…..Sigh….I leaned back by the tree and closed my eyes…She needs me now, she wants me to be a good son…what about when I needed her…has she ever acted like a mother?…and Dad is of course, traveling around the world, going on business trips while ignoring us.

In order to distract my mind, I took out the small monkey keychain that the little girl gave me. I somehow thought It would make me feel better. I stared at it for a few minutes and then decided to try to sleep.

 



Nina's Pov

When I got there I looked around but couldn't find Batman right away. I waited for the others to arrive and then we were ordered by Sungyeol to hide behind some plants. "He's over there." He whispered and pointed towards a tree. "He is laying down." He explained. "Is he wearing a mask? I can't see." Ellie asked. "He is. I saw it earlier. I don't know now that he's sleeping." …."That's my perfect chance." I talked to myself. I didn't care to wait for the other's approval and stood up to go towards Batman. "Nina wait! What are you doing?!!" I could hear Ellie calling me but I didn't listen.

When I got there, he was sleeping on his back, but he did have his mask on. All I could see were his eyes, which were closed. I really wanted to take off the mask now that he was like this, but then I thought that would be too much. Instead I decided to watch him as he slept. I didn't understand myself and why I was so attracted to him. My heart was beating already from just being near him. I wanted to be nearer and nearer so I carelessly got closer to his face. I just wanted to pull his mask just enough to reveal his lips. I wondered what they look like…I was going to kiss him. It was a shame I didn't have enough time to do it though, because he woke up.

 

 

Sunggyu's Pov

After a few attempts of falling asleep, it was just impossible. I had too many thoughts going through my mind. When I opened my eyes again I swear I almost had a heart attack. There was a girl staring at me literally 2 inches away from my face. When she realized I was awake she took a step back. I was about to yell at her when I noticed who she was….….it's this girl again. I panicked and walked away. I wanted to run instead of walking but that wasn't cool enough. I still have an image even if i wear a mask. "Batman! Wait!" I heard her voice calling me…..Aish!! go away!

 

 

Nina's Pov

"Wait!! You forgot something!" I tried telling him but he never turned around….should I chase him?…."NIINA!! What did you do that for?" Ellie appeared and scolded me. Yeah I didn't think before I acted. Now that I realize, what I did was extremely embarrassing, and I did it in front of Myungsoo and his friend too. "Wow Nina, you are really bold." Sungyeol commented and made me feel worse. "What's that?" Ellie asked referring to the object I had just picked it. It was a monkey keychain, Batman's. I raised it so I could see it clearly. "Let me see." Ellie took it from my hands to look at it. "Its a monkey." Myungsoo who was behind Ellie spoke, he took it from her hands to look at it too. "This keychain is my style." He expressed. "You can't keep it." Ellie took it away from him and handed it back to me.

"What did I do?" I was about to have a breakdown from the rash behavior. "It's okay Nina" Ellie tried to make me feel better. "Are you trying to capture his heart or something?" Sungyeol asked. This guy sure knows a lot, I mean, I met him how many minutes ago?….I could tell Ellie shot Sungyeol a glare. "I think this approach may work." He kept talking. "Yah Sungyeol, be quiet. Myungsoo tried to help. "Oh…sorry…" He said after receiving glares from everybody. Well if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have met Batman today. So I guess I owe him. "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Sungyeol." He told me which kind of made me laugh. It was such and odd timing.

After that, the boys dropped us home as planned and left.

 


 

Ellie's Pov

When we got to my room, boy I was scared of what Nina was going to say. She just laid on my bed and exhaled. "Where do I even start with you." She said. "…..Sorry." I felt bad and turned my head down. "Forget it, we'll talk tomorrow. I have to process what I just tried to do to Batman." She told me while staring that the ceiling. "What did you…wait….were you trying to kiss him?" It just clicked. "I don't know…..I don't know what I was doing…I just want to sleep." She hid behind the bed covers. "But Nina…" I poked her through the sheets until she revealed herself again.

"Are you mad at me?" I pouted. "A little bit." "I'm sorry. I was going to tell you I just didn't know how…" "You need to tell me everything tomorrow." She demanded and I nodded. "Including why Myungsoo was hugging you." Nina continued. Her mentioning that again made me shiver as I got a flashback of that moment. "Goodnight." We both said to each other before turning out the lights.

The next morning, I went to class as usual. As we were waiting for class to start, I felt my phone vibrate.  "Good morning." It was from Myungsoo. I looked back and saw him sitting where he always sits. He had a smirk on his face. "Good morning." I texted the same thing and turned around to face the window. "Your shoelace is untied. " He texted back and I immediately looked at my foot to tie it but realized I had sneakers with no shoelaces. I turned my head to look at him again because I was confused, and caught him giggling. I rolled my eyes and faced the front again. I secretly laughed at his childish jokes. "Hi Ellie!" Suddenly Tina and Lara appeared. One of them sat on my desk. "Who are you texting?"…"Uhm.." I didn't know what to say. "So…do you have a boyfriend?" Lara asked. "Okay class, let's get started." The professor walked in and told all students to sit down. Thank goodness.

About half an hour into the class, Sunggyu decided to show up. "Sorry Sorry." He came in and sat down quickly. "Sunggyu. You know coming to class when the lecture already started is distracting to other students. If you are gonna be this late, why even show up?" The professor seemed angry. "I'll go then." Sunggyu showed attitude and left the classroom. Everyone looked at him as he walked out….I know the professor was right but for some reason I felt bad for Sunggyu. If he didn't care for the class, he wouldn't have showed up at all and skipped like last time. Besides, today is the day before the exam so he wouldn't come late by choice. I looked out the window to see if he was still anywhere near but he wasn't. I just had a feeling something was off. I glanced at Woohyun who is also in that class and he looked worried too. After class, I went to the library to study for the test.

 


 

Myungsoo's Pov

I tried to follow Ellie again, but I got caught in the crowds and distracted by a bunch of people asking me to study together with them. By the time I was free, I had completely lost sight of Ellie. "Where are you?" I texted her but she wouldn't reply…..Aish….

 



Sunggyu's Pov

 

*** Flashback from this morning***

"Sunggyu my child!" My drunk mother greeted me when she saw me at home. "These people want to take me away to a hospital. Don't let them!" She tried to hold me but she reeked of alcohol. I looked away trying not to make eye contact. "I have no choice. You became like this." I told her coldly. "You really want to send your mother away? My only son. Are you going to betray me?" She tried to hold me but I stepped back to let the medics take her.

"How dare you! You are going to betray me just like your father aren't you? Are you going to send me away too, why don't you just kill me then! You ungrateful brat! Right…when your father cheated and had an affair with that woman, I thought that it was just a one time thing. But, did you know? You father never stopped talking about that woman! He never loved me! yet he was so ambitious he only married me because of money. While you were still a baby he would go out to have fun with her. It's just like now, he is out there probably with another woman. You and I mean nothing to him don't you understand. We have to destroy him, you can't abandon me now."

"Stop STOP TALKING WOULD YOU?!" I yelled at her. "Just take her already!" I told the people from the rehab center. "TRAITOR!" She yelled one last time before she was taken away.

*** End of Flasback***

 


 

Ellie's Pov

 

I was looking for a nice spot to sit at where no people hang out, so I found a spot inside the library which not many students know about. It usually had about three or four people and it was quiet. When I got near the tables, I saw Sunggyu there. He had his head down on the desk and was sleeping….Why is he here all alone?…He is usually around his friends….I shouldn't go near him though. I walked passed him and sat on another table behind him so that he wouldn't see me when he woke up. I did sit where I could still see his back.

All of a sudden his phone started vibrating on the table, I could hear it all the way from where I was. He looked at the screen and then turned his phone completely off. Then, he leanied back on the chair and just stared into space. I decided not to waste too much time so I took out my book and began studying. From time to time I would look take a glance to see what he was doing but he wouldn't move…..why is he spacing out for?….His aura screamed loneliness to me. Something I could relate to.....Is he not going to study? The exam is tomorrow and he missed the review class…..sigh….I stood up, grabbed my books and went to sit next to him….why am I doing this?

I didn't say anything and just slammed my books on his table as I took a seat next to him. He looked up a little shocked. "You haven't studied yet have you?" I told him. He still didn't say anything. "Here." I placed my notes in front of him. "You want me to study?" He asked me, but not with his usual friendly voice, or his angry voice. It was more of a tired and emotionless voice. I only nodded as response. "Why?" He asked again. "Because if you don't, you will fail." I explained. "Why does it matter, If I fail." He looked away and sighed. "But you don't want to fail do you?" I was sure he truly cared.

"Are you that bored?" He turned to face me again. "Huh?"  "Do you not have any other studying to do so you want to study for me too? I don't remember asking you to help me study." He said cockily. "Thought you would since I did most of your homework." I replied. "Wow. Did you fall in love with me?" He tried to tease. "Are you crazy?." I scoffed.  He surprised me when his mood suddenly changed to a sulky one, he dropped his head on the desk and sighed…."Um…what's wrong?" I asked concerned. "I'm so hungry." He whined. "I can't study if I'm hungry." …"Then why don't you go to the cafeteria and eat?"…."Its too noisy." I agreed.

The way he was acting right now, I would have never thought it was the same Sunggyu that I've known for the past few months. He looked like a depressed puppy. I opened my bag and pulled out a granola bar to give to him. "What's this?" He asked. "It's so you don't die." I told him. "But I don't like granolas." He still whined. "I can't help you then." I took the granola back and put it in my bag…..I'm not gonna give him Myungsoo's banana. I thought as I saw it in my bag. "Nevermind, I'll eat it." Sunggyu tried to reach in my bag to grab it back when he saw the hidden banana….noooooo…."Is this what I think it is?" He said as he took it away. "Not that one. Give it back!" I tried to take it but he raised his arms so that I couldnt reach it. "This baby is mine now." He smirked and began peeling it off. "Nooooo aish!!!" I got irritated because it wasn't intended for him. "Yumm so good." His eyes were sparkling…..His expression reminds me so much of Myungsoo….I guess he's obsessed with bananas too.

"I have to go to my last class." I told him as I collected my books to put in my bag. Before that I took out my phone and took a photo of my own notes. "What are you doing?" Sunggyu asked. I sent the image in a message. "It's so you can study." I told him and he looked confused again. "Why?" …"I told you, because if you don't study you will fail." I said it like it was obvious. "No, I mean why are you helping me?" …."I don't know, I have a tendency to help gangsters." I commented. "What?" He slightly smiled. "Even if you fail at everything else. Failing at one less thing wouldn't feel too bad." I advised him and then left for my class.

As I was walking there, I texted Myungsoo. I had completely forgotten about his text. "Sorry, I'm going class now."

Myungsoo: Are you ignoring me? :(

Ellie: I'm not!

Myungsoo: Bad bad rabbit.

Ellie: Sorry ^^;;

Myungsoo: >.>

Ellie: I said sorry!

Myungsoo: I'll be waiting for you after class, prepare yourself > <

Ellie: For what O.o

Myungsoo: Muahahaha

 

[Text from Nina] Hey is Myungsoo going to walk you home again?

Ellie: He said he was.

Nina: Okay, I'm going home early. It's not dark so I'll be okay. You go ahead and walk back with Myungsoo.

Ellie: Are you sure?

Nina: Yup. I wanna go home now anyways.

Ellie: Okay then.

Nina: Good luck ~_^

 

After class was over I was the last one to get out because the professor always asks me to help her collect the papers. I was on the hallway trying to get out of the building when Tina and Lara appeared out of nowhere. I could smell trouble the instant they showed up. I looked around and saw that no one was still around….oh no

"Hi friend." Tina and Lara grinned. "What's the matter?" I asked them because they wouldn't say anything else. "Come with us." One of them pulled my hair and dragged me into the empty girl's bathroom. "Ah let me go!" I told them. "Shut up!" They let go and threw me against the tile.

"You little . Thinking you can play innocent while you go and flirt with not one but ALL of the popular guys in school. Who exactly do you think you are? You ugly rat!" One of them slapped me while I was still on the floor.

 


 

Sunggyu's Pov

I feel asleep at the library again. After I realized that it was pretty late, I turned my phone back on. I had some texts from Woohyun. "Hey man, where are you? Are you still in school?" "Yeah, I was at the Library." "I'm about to go. Wanna go together?" He asked. "Sure."

A few minutes later I met with Woohyun outside the Library. "Are you okay?" Was the first thing he asked. "Yeah." I kind of lied. "Hey…HEYY!" All of a sudden Woohyun saw someone and tried to call for them. I turned around but they had already entered the building. "Wasn't that Tina and Lara from our class? What are they doing here so late?" He titled his head while I was still unamused. I didn't care about them at all. "Let's go?" Woohyun suggested and I followed.

"I say we all get together, Dongwoo, Hoya, Sungjong and us and go out. Arcade and then some pork belly. After that we can go karaoke and perhaps to a club ohh yeahhh " I was paying no attention to Woohyun as I began to think…..wasn't that building where Ellie has her class? What were those two girls doing there if there are no more classes going on?….My senses told me that they weren't there for any good.

"Sunggyu?…Sunggyu?" Woohyun tried to get my attention back. "Hey Woohyun, I forgot I have to do something. Go back first and then I'll call you." I told him. "But where are you going…HEYY Sunggyu!" He yelled but I had already ran back to the school.

 



Myungsoo's Pov

Where is Ellie? She is taking longer than normal….that's it. I'm gonna go find her. I went back to the building to look for her as she wasn't replying to any of my texts.

 



Ellie's Pov

"I don't know what you're trying to do but you are crazy if you think they would ever take you seriously. You are a joke, just look at you. Freak!" The kept pulling my hair and picked me up to slap me again. I could have defended myself physically, but their words were too hurtful. Every time this happened I would freeze and shake in fear. It wasn't so much the physical abuse, but the emotional one. "You think they pay attention to you because you are cute? Pfftt they only talk to you so they can joke about you later. You are nothing to them! or anyone else in this school!"

One of the girls filled a bucket with water and dumped it on my head, pouring all the water over me. I was shivering not from the cold water, but from fear. After they were done with the water, they threw the bucket and hit my head. "You ugly !"

"What are you doing!" All of a sudden Sunggyu appeared in the girl's bathroom. The girls widened with shock. "Sunggyu, what are you doing here?"  "No. The questions is what are YOU doing here!" "We were just playing and she fell, it's nothing." They tried to lie. "Listen to me you two. If you bother Ellie again, I'll make sure you no longer step foot on this school. Is that clear?!" "But we were just…" "SCRAM!" He yelled and pointed towards the door, signaling them to leave. Meanwhile, I couldn't do anything but to watch. I was curled into a ball shivering. Tears started rolling down my eyes. Soon, the two girls left the bathroom.

"Ellie! What did they do?" Sunggyu kneeled down in front of me and tried to see if I was okay. As if it wasn't enough already another person appeared in the girl's bathroom. Myungsoo.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!" he told Sunggyu and picked him up by the collar. Myungsoo punched Sunggyu in a fit of rage. "How DARE you touch her! I'm going to kill you!! Myungsoo punched him once again.
….but it wasn't him….stop….I tried to speak but it was hard for me to open my mouth as I was still in shock from the bullying. "Stop." I said softly but Myungsoo couldn't hear me. "Who said you could punch me?" Sunggyu hit Myungsoo back. I couldn't stand to watch them fight anymore so I yelled. "STOP!!!" Myungsoo was holding Sunggyu's collar when he paused and looked at me as I slowly stood up. I was dripping from the water.

"It wasn't him." I said in between tears. Myungsoo then turned to Sunggyu as he let himself go. "This is not gonna end like this." Sunggyu threatened him as Myungsoo tried to approach me.


***Flashback from childhood***

"Why don't you go kill yourself! You don't belong here you freak!" My old classmates would pull my hair and write on my face with lipstick. "What's that?" One of them asked. "Some glue I found." The other girl poured liquid glue all over my school uniform. "Hahahahaha look at her, hahahaha."

***End of Flashback***

 

"Ellie! Ellie!" Myungsoo tried shaking me but I wouldn't react.

***Flashback*** "They only talk to you so they can joke about you later. You are nothing to them!"

"Ellie!! Look at me!" Myungsoo was still calling. "Yah…leave her alone already." Sunggyu told him. "Get lost, would you?" Myungsoo told Sunggyu.

When the two started to have a verbal argument, I couldn't take it anymore and ran away from there. I went out of the building and left the school campus. As I ran, I only wanted to find a far away place where I could hide and be away from people. I wanted to seclude myself from everything.

Right across the street from the school, is a public park. There is an area where there are many trees so I went and hid under one of them. It was already dark but I didn't care. I just wanted to be alone.

 



Bob's Pov

I was driving with Peter to the school to pick Sunggyu up. While we were parked outside the school, we noticed a familiar girl run out with wet clothes. It looked like something had happened. We watched her ran into the park. "That's Sunggyu's friend. I can't remember her name." I said…"I think I've seen her with Myungsoo before." Peter added. "Peter, let's follow her." I told him. I just had a bad feeling. The streets around here aren't safe. A girl shouldn't be by herself at night like that. "What?" Peter was surprised. "Yeah, we'll pick Sunggyu up later. Let's go." I told him to move the car closer to the park.

"What are we supposed to do, shouldn't we wait and tell Sunggyu or Myungsoo first?"  "I just want to make sure she's safe, did you see those drunk people going into the park just now?" I said before I got out of the car and told Peter to wait for me.

When I found the girl, she was on the ground, hugging her knees. She was shaking and crying. It looked like she was having a breakdown. I approached to tell her to get out of that dangerous spot and go home, when it all turned bad.

"Miss…" I walked towards her. As soon as she laid eyes on me, she was so surprised, she stumbled back. "W…w…w…what….do you ….want?" She asked in fear.

 


 

Ellie's Pov

The last thing I wanted was to get kidnapped after all of this. When I saw that gangster that likes to chase after the guys, I just gave up, or more like my body gave up. Everything went dark and I from then on, I had no memories. I fainted.