The Theory

Chasing Rabbits

Ellie's Pov

I was finally home after Myungsoo had dropped me off at my house. When I closed the front door, I immediately leaned my back against it. I just needed a moment to get my feelings together…..We held hands….I was internally squealing…."Ellie…" I heard the voice of my father calling me. "What are you doing?" He saw me stand by the door. "Nothing. Hi dad!" I smiled nervously. "So how's school? I haven't heard anything from you." He asked. He did go on a business trip for a few weeks.

 "Its good…very good." I smiled a bit too much, so much that my dad gave me a weird look. "Well, that's good to hear. Go get some rest then." He signaled me to go to my room and then left to go to the kitchen. I automatically ran upstairs and locked myself in my room. Leaning against the door again, just thinking about Myungsoo from earlier.

I had completely forgotten about my friend Nina, which was terrible of me, I know. When I laid my eyes on my bed. She was hanging upside down on the edge of it. Like she was about to do some acrobatics but her eyes were closed and apparently her ears too because she didn't hear me slam the door just now. "Nina…? What are you doing?" I asked confused by her posture…."I kissed Batman…" ….."Okay Nina, I think you lost your mind. Get up would you." I went towards her to help her sit in a regular position. "I KNOW! I….I just did it and…" "Was was that again?" I interrupted, still confused by Nina's words. "Kiss…Kiss, Ellie!"  
"You kissed Batman."
"I kissed Batman."
 "Okay, and I kissed Iron Man….well almost…" I was being somewhat sarcastic somewhat not.

"It's true Ellie." Nina started telling me about what happened to her. "You got attacked again?! Nina are you okay?!" I panicked when she was at the part where a guy tried to drag he away. "But then Batman appeared and punched that guy away." She said.

"I thought he quit."

"I know! But he's back!" She explained. "Wait so then….YOU KISSED HIM?!" I just made sense of what my friend was telling me. "YES!" She screamed in desperation.

"Wow….Nina…" I was in shock by hearing her actions.

"I'm so stupid I know, he's never gonna want to see me again." She was in panic mode.

"What did he do afterwards?" I asked.

"I don't know, I just quickly kissed him and then ran away. He didn't move." She explained.

"Did you see what he looked like?! You did right, since you got that close and all."

"No, I didn't remove his mask completely. I thought it would be rude to do so. Not that kissing him wasn't rude but…I didn't think properly, I just did it!"

"So you pulled a Mary Jane on Batman."

"WHAT AM I GOING TO DO ELLIE, ITS OVER BETWEEN US." She yelled as she shook me back and forth. "Not that there was ever anything but STILL…what is he going to think of me now?!!"

"Don't worry Nina, it's going to be fine." I tried comforting her. "Maybe he liked it." I smiled trying to cheer her up.

"You think so? …Cause…."

"Cause you did?" I teased.

"Ahhhhhhh" She threw herself on my bed and started kicking her legs in the air making me laugh.

After a little bit of silence and Nina had calmed down, she started questioning me.

"So what was that about almost kissing Iron man earlier?"

"It was nothing." I lied and sat on my desk to turn my laptop on.

"Were you talking about Romeo the gangster Iron man? She teased.

"……No." I said while looking at the romantic story I had just opened on my screen. It was The Gangster that Fell from the Sky. I had to type the continuation of it.

"Mhmm sure…well It's okay, I can just read it in your diary…I mean "fiction" story." She told me causing me to give her a dirty look.

"I told you, it's only loosely based on true facts. It's and inspired story, not a true story…" I was too embarrassed to admit that everything I was writing on that story was true to life, except for the character names. Romeo was Myungsoo and I was Julia.

"Did you hold hands on your way home?" Somehow Nina guessed, making me choke on my own spit.

"AWWW KYAHHH"

"What are you talking about?" I pretended.

"Fine fine, I'll stop….By the way, isn't today Tuesday."

"Yeah what about it?"

"You release a chapter from your other story on Tuesday's don't you? You're always typing your life away on Tuesday nights."

"OH MY GOD! I totally forgot. My Infinite Warriors story! I'm supposed to post a new chapter today and I didn't even type it!" I panicked.

"It's very unlike you to forget." Nina told the truth.

…It's because of Myungsoo….Aish!! …My readers are going to be mad at me. I went ahead and post a sorry comment on my blog, saying I will post tomorrow night instead.

 


 


Sungyeol's Pov

….Aish…..This author has one job, ONE JOB. Just POST THE NEXT CHAPTER ALREADY !! Im dying here arghhh!!! I rage hit the refresh button on the Infinite Warrior's page….tsk…making us wait….Oh what's this….[Author's note: I'm deeply sorry for the delay, I will post the new chapter tomorrow night. ]

….YAH!! AIshhhh!! I threw a tantrum in front of my computer as Myungsoo was walking into the apartment. "What are you raging about?" was the first thing he asked. "The author for Infinite Warriors was supposed to post a chapter today but he didn't. Its so close to the ending too, how could he do this to us!!" I whined. "Oh…that…" Myungsoo shrugged and went to get a banana from the kitchen. He was acting odd. "I thought you would be more interested since you're reading the story too." I told him. "Was I?" Myungsoo seemed like he was in the clouds.

"Yes you were. I can't believe the author didn't post after I waited all evening. Making us wait all week and then not posting ahhh I'm dying to know what's gonna happen! That author is smart to be anonymous, otherwise he would be getting tons of span from his readers. You know how popular his stories are? Some people think its actually a girl writer but who knows. All his or her stories are mega popular on the internet…..Myungsoo….Myungsoo? Are you listening?" I noticed he was spacing out on me. He didn't even reply and kept looking towards the ceiling while eating his banana.

"Myungsoo? What are you smiling about you look like an idiot." I intentionally provoked him but he didn't react.

"I lost you didn't I?"…"Myungsoo!!"

"Sungyeol?" He finally spoke. "What do Cyborgs look like?"

"Did the aliens take your mind?"

"Something like that."

"Or was it Ellie." I asked but he didn't reply and went on to his bed, put his arms behind his head and closed his eyes. He was still smiling like that so I left him alone. Assuming it was most likely because of Ellie. He will tell me later. I laughed to myself and then went back to my laptop. I checked the Batman blog to see if there were any updates since he supposedly quit, and surprisingly there was. [Breaking: Girl kisses Batman] ….wow what?!

[NEWS: Batman is back! A few hours ago, Batman was seen once again on the streets of this town, saving a girl from a male attacker. Shocking to many of us, the girl pulled up half of Batman's mask and kissed him on the lips. So who do you think this girl is? Could it be Batman's girlfriend?]

The news post had a paparazzi like photo attached of a girl on her tiptoes kissing Batman…..woah so it's true…ha! Nina is gonna be so jealous….wait…I squinted my eyes and zoomed on the photograph….this can't possibly be…? Nina?!

 


 

Ellie's Pov

"What if Batman goes to our school and now he won't ever want to go near me?" Nina was still going on and on and on about that since early in the morning. "Even if he does, he probably wasn't planning on revealing himself." I told her. "I guess…argh! How embarrassing. I don't think I can see him again." She said before stopping in front of the school gate. "Go to class already Nina, you will be late." I ordered her. "Fine…sigh…see you later then. I will get out of my class early so I'll see you outside your class?" She told me and I nodded before taking off.

When I got to class, Myungsoo was already there. We made eye contact as soon as I entered the room. He gave me a sweet smile and I smiled back, trying not to blush in class. Right before class was about to end, the professor made an announcement. "Oh and also, for your individual research projects, I have decided to make a change. You will be choose partners." As soon as the professor said that, the class became loud…..urgh…group projects…I wasn't happy.

"Do we get to chose our own partners?" A girl asked. "Yes, everybody pick a partner now."

"Kyahhh Myungsooo be my partner!"

"Sunggyuuu be my partner."

"No, we would make a better team."

"Myungsoo.."

"Woohyuunn!" All the girls in the class began scrambling, fighting for their attention. Meanwhile, I looked around trying to find a decent partner……sigh…maybe I'll just wait to see who doesn't have a parter.


"Woohyun and I will be partners." Sunggyu firmly announced and caused all the girls to complain. "What about you Myungsoo?" One of them asked. "I choose Ellie." He said firmly as well, remaining in his seat. "HUH?!" The girls were confused and all turned to look at my desk……did he just do that? I began to feel nervous from the attention.

"ELLIE?! Ehh? Why her?" They asked him with the judging expressions I'm used to seeing.

"Because she's pretty…and smart." Myungsoo smiled and stood up to go sit on the seat next to mine. While the whole class was gasping in shock, I was no better. I probably stopped breathing for a few seconds.

"Okay then, since all partners are selected. I will make groups now." The professor smiled devilishly. "What?" Our class was confused. "This assignment consists of larger groups. I just wanted to see you guys fight for partners first. it was fun guys." The professor teased. "Ahhh" The class complained at our jokester teacher. He then proceeded to make teams.

"Ellie and Myungsoo, you guys will team up with Sunggyu and Woohyun."
….nice, it's people I know….It was perfect to me. However for Myungsoo, not so much. He doesn't get along with Sunggyu that well.

 


Myungsoo's Pov

You got to be kidding me, why Sunggyu of all people. It would have been perfect with just Ellie and me. Urgh! I was frowning after class. "Isn't this great?" Woohyun approached us. "We already make a good team since we studied together last time." He winked……why is he so greasy? I shivered. "Yes we do." Ellie smiled. "Let's start our project today after class." He suggested. "Yeah, that's probably a good idea. Right Myungsoo?" She turned to me now so I had no choice but to agree. "I'll tell Sunggyu then, see you at the library?" He asked and Ellie nodded. "Here, let me give you my number in case you…." "I'll…give you my number." I interrupted them…..Woohyun having Ellie's number?….no way….. "Alright then, I'll see you later guys~" He finally left while skipping away.


"As soon as we walked out of the classroom I got a phone call from Bob…..what does he want know….urgh….I had no choice but to pick up the phone in front of Ellie. "What is it?" Was the first thing I asked. "Myungsoo. How are you?" He ignored my question. "Cut it. What do you want?" I said coldly. "Your father wanted me to give you something."….I really didn't want to argue in front of Ellie, so I agreed to meet him outside the school.

"I'll go to the library and then to class, go do your things and I'll see you later back at the library." Ellie smiled as if she understood that I had something to do….I don't wanna leave you though….I pouted and then waved goodbye….sigh…

After that, I went outside the gates to meet with Bob. "Hi Myungsoo." Bob waved as soon as he saw me. "I'm here to talk about your schooling."…"Listen. Tell my 'father' I will pay him back the school fees a soon as possible, I'm already looking for jobs to pay it off."

"You know that's not necessary, Myungsoo."

"It is."

"Actually, I was here to give you this." He extended his arm and handed me an envelope. I was too curious and opened it first. It was a check.

"Here, take it back. I don't need anymore money. I told you I will pay him back" I reaffirmed.

"Your father wants you to have this for other living expenses."

"Take it back." I forced the envelope back in his hands.

"It's an order from your father actually, so you will have to keep it." Bob pushed the envelope to me again.

"I said, no." I got frustrated as Bob and I started going back and forward until someone appeared.

"What's this?" Sunggyu snatched the envelope from both our hands.

He rolled his eyes as soon as he saw the check. "I should have known" Sunggyu said annoyed.

"Why don't you keep it?" I told him before trying to leave.

"Do I look like I need money? Please…just take it already and shut up about it." He said cockily.

"I'm not like you." I said angrily while forming a fist….Rich people think they can solve everything with money.

"Guys…let's not do this now." Bob interrupted, already predicting a fight.

"Sunggyu, don't you have class?" Bob told him.

"I don't. But your star student over here does." Sunggyu told him referring to me.

"Oh do you? I'm sorry I don't mean for you to be late. We'll talk later then. Sunggyu, you're coming with me." He told him before I turned around to leave.

"SUNGGYU!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" I heard Bob scream as I was walking away. Apparently Sunggyu didn't let Bob catch him. ….Not gonna lie, sometimes I pity Bob. I shrugged my shoulders and moved on. I had other things on my mind other than my annoying 'family' situation.

 


 

Sunggyu's Pov

My dad can't be serious. He disappears to Japan for weeks, haven't heard a word from him. He hasn't even visited mom at the care center. Yet, he has time to send money to Myungsoo? Tsk. I kicked a rock as I was walking down a grass pathway. I stopped walking and took a deep breath as I looked up the sky. Soon, my mind had already moved on to something else.

***Flashback***
"I wanted to say…thank you….and also…." -kiss-

 
I ran my fingers through my own lips as I remembered, trying to recall the feeling. After a few seconds I shook my head and tried to snap back to my normal self. …..she's definitely a psycho…I told myself and continued to walk towards nowhere really.

Suddenly I received a call from Hoya, I didn't really want to answer but I figured he would insist if I didn't answer. "Hello?"

"Wanna talk about it?"

"About what?"

"Your crush on that girl."

"WHAT?!" I choked there because I wasn't expecting that from him.

"Woohyun told me everything."

"What did that clown tell you, exactly?"

..does he know everything?

"Haha I'm just playing. He told me he was mad at you for not walking Nina home with him."

….Phew..I thought I was found out.

"Yes, well tell him to consider my feelings next time. I DO NOT….like that girl. Why is that so hard to understand."

"Is it because she punched you to the ground?" Now Hoya was just mocking me.

"What did you think, that I was gonna fall for her? This isn't a drama Hoya."

"I don't know Gyu, that punch she gave you was pretty…dramatic…."

"Do you have to remind me every time?"

"Haha anyway, you know Woohyun can't ever stay mad at you for longer than a day, he will probably go back to acting like normal today but you should still buy him some banana milk or something."

"Yeah..Yeah…I know." I knew exactly what he was trying to say. I owed him an apology.

Since I still had an hour before we met up at the library, I went to the cafeteria to get Woohyun some banana milk. We have a mutual understanding for it representing an apology between us. Of couse, I was gonna get one for myself too because how can I see one and not drink it. So I bought two milk cartons and placed one in my book bag while I kept the other one out to drink. As I was turning on a corner to get out of the cafeteria I crashed with another person. It was a girl that had a bunch of papers and books in her hands. When we crashed, I accidentally spilled my banana drink all over her and her books, also she had fallen to the floor…..Umm…."I ….I didn't see you…"


"My…My my research…" The girl panicked and scrambled all over the floor trying to pick up her wet papers. I on the other hand, didn't know what to say….I guess I should apologize in a situation like this….eventhough it was a total accident…."Um..I'm….sor…."    "YAH!!" I suddenly heard a familiar voice yelling at me from behind…..oh no no no….not…..her. I gulped.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" Nina approached me as she saw the messy situation I was trapped in. As soon as she got close, she pushed me back. I was so confused I just let her do it. Except, she pushed my one shoulder that was still hurt from the time I fell against that metal container. …..ouchh…..I didn't do or say anything right away since I was busy trying to conceal the pain.

"You're even bullying girls like this?" She was in her super saiyan mode again. Is she not even a tiny bit afraid of me, or is she that stupid?

"Excuse me?" was the only thing I said since I was being wrongly judged.

"Are you okay?" She tried asking the girl on the floor, but it seemed to me like that girl was more afraid of Nina than she was of me, so she quickly got up and ran away. Great…now who is going to explain this situation. It was an accident!

"You should be ashamed of yourself, even going to this extreme? Does it make you happy doing things like this? Making others feel like crap, do you get pleasure out of this or…what exactly is it?"

She kept going on and on to the point where I had completely muted her words, my focus was on her lips as she talked. Those flashbacks of the kiss came to me all over again as I was standing there listening to her insults.

"Hello?!! I'm asking you a question!"

I got tired of her blabber so I took a few steps forward and that was enough to shut her up, she immediately took some steps back until she was leaned against the opposite wall of the hallway.

"Are you done with the insults?" I asked her in a stern tone and right away I noticed fear in her expression. I knew that strong front she likes to put up only lasts a few minutes. She isn't really the tough type of girl although she tries. I secretly smiled.

"I'm….I'm NOT done!" She said awkwardly as I shortened the distance between us.

"Okay then." I said and placed my arm against the wall, right above her shoulder. "Please…continue…" I said while placing my gaze on her lips.

 "You…" She was struggling with her words now, as expected.

"You're lucky I'm the one you're trying to insult right now." I told her which confused her.

"h h huh?" Nina was stuttering.

"You better be careful who you do this with. Not every guy is gonna be as…nice….as me." I advised. Seriously, if she's gonna do this to a gangster on the street, she's just gonna piss him off even more. Self defense is great, but if she's gonna act tough she needs to back it up.

"Get away from me!" I let her push me and then she ran away as expected.

…….sigh…….I checked my phone  and it was almost time to meet with the others at the library. I wasn't too excited to work with Myungsoo on the same team, but I really needed to pass this class so I had no choice. "Sunggyu!" I heard Woohyun calling me. "Let's go?" He signaled towards the library and we began walking. There was an awkward silence between us and I knew exactly why. He felt bad for being "angry" at me. Although, I'm the one who was in the wrong. I didn't say anything until I took the banana milk out of my bag to hand it to him. "What's this?" He asked me. "Sorry." I told him and shortly he took the banana milk as an acceptance.

 


 

 

Ellie's Pov

I told Nina to wait for me after her class so we could walk home together since it gets dark and I didn't want her to get attacked again. What I forgot to tell her , is that I agreed to meet with the others after class to study. …hm. If I tell her to wait, she will probably get bored and want to walk home alone….what do I do…"Nina, can you do me a favor? I texted her. "Of course :) " She replied. "I know I told you to wait for me after my class, but can you come meet me at the library very quick? I just need to print something out but forgot my student card, so I'll need to borrow yours." I lied…that was a big lie. "Ah fine fine…you didn't mention you were gonna print something <.<" She complained. I knew she wouldn't want to stay any longer so I lied to get here to stay here with me. ..I'm sorry Nina, it's for your own protection.


"Hi." I waved when I saw Woohyun and Sunggyu arrive. I was the first one at the library and had gotten a table prepared for us. "Hi Ellie." Woohyun waved back and Sunggyu gave me a faint smile. "Where's Myungsoo?" Woohyun asked. "I'm right here." He startled me because I didn't see him arrive. He came out of nowhere. "Great. Let's start then." Woohyun and the others got his notes out and began reading. Sunggyu was busy going over his own notes and didn't say much, while Myungsoo had this constant glare. I could feel he was uncomfortable just from his aura. I looked back and forward between Sunggyu but nothing….I really wonder what is up with them….

"Ellie." Sunggyu called me.

"Hm?"

"Page 37. That should be good to focus on."

"Hmm…let me see." I said as I looked through the pages.

"Where?" I asked since I couldn't find it.

"Here." He extended his arm to reach over to my book and point at me. I swear, I felt a second pair of eyes shoot us like darts.

"What are you doing just staring? " Sunggyu told Myungsoo annoyed. He probably noticed that Myungsoo shot him the death glare.

Myungsoo didn't say anything and crossed his arms while rolling his eyes at him. The atmosphere became dark after that and honestly, it was uncomfortable even for me.

Soon, Nina arrived and I made her sit on the table with us. "What? Weren't you print…." She stopped when she noticed Sunggyu and Woohyun. "What's going on?" She asked confused so I told her my intentions while the others stood quiet. "Urgh….fine." Nina finally agree and sat down on a chair to wait for us to finish studying.  

"Should we include this too?" Woohyun asked and Ellie began explaining somethings he didn't understand……calm down Myungsoo…I began thinking to myself…why are you being such a jealous person, they're just studying…I shook my head a few times and tried to focus on studying.

"Wow Ellie, you are amazing. You are super smart." Woohyun stared at her with admiration. "Yah.." It slipped out. "Focus…." I told them. I also noticed Sunggyu's annoying smirk. "What." I asked him but he only scoffed and decided to ignore me. After that, Nina let out a "Tsk." diverting Sunggyu's attention back at her.

"What." Sunggyu asked her but Nina ignored him and rolled her eyes. All this meanwhile, Woohyun and Ellie were talking."

"Why don't you two come up with a list of topics for the next chapter?" Ellie suddenly suggested Sunggyu and I.

"I'll do it." Sunggyu volunteered like he was some kind of studious student. Since when was he so focused in his school work? pfftt….didn't he repeat a few semesters already?…..I went back to reading since I didn't wanna be the only one not studying. "Write it here." Ellie placed a sheet of paper for us two to share. I immediately took the paper first and began writing notes on it until Sunggyu had enough and snatched the paper to add notes of his own. Our teamwork wasn't TOO bad…if you don't count the aggressive snatching.

…ahhh I'm starvinnnnng…..I held my stomach when I realized how hungry I was. Ellie must be hungry too….
 
"Pork belly, anyone?" Woohyun suggested out of the blue….did I just hear pork belly?….."I buy." Woohyun said. "Really Woohyun!! YES!!" Ellie celebrated while my mouth secretly watered….Don't agree to this…it's not right, he's Sunggyu's friend…don't. "You're coming Myungsoo?" …"I don't think….uhh…" "Come on Myungsoo!" Ellie begged….Well I can't let Ellie be alone with these guys, plus I have to walk her home sooo…."Fine." I said before the others celebrated. That except for Sunggyu, he had completely fallen asleep on the desk, same as Nina.

"Nina." I heard Ellie trying to carefully wake her up.

"Hmm? Batman…" Her friend said in her sleep.

"Haha is she dreaming of Batman?" Woohyun laughed.

"Yeah she does it sometimes."

 

 

Sunggyu's Pov

I had fallen asleep but as I woke up I heard Batman being mentioned. "I'm sorry I kissed…." "Umm…Nina! Wake up." Ellie didn't let her finish sleep talking…."yahh….Batman…I…"

"Nina!"

"WHAT!" She finally woke up and realized how confused she was.

"Hahaha Nina. You really like that Batman guy don't you?" Woohyun asked her.

"Umm"

…….but he doesn't exist….I thought to myself as I heard the conversation. It bothers me to think that the one she kissed wasn't actually me, but Batman. A perfect guy she made up in her head. Tsk….I was so annoyed by that thought that I immediately stood up and picked up since we were done. "Sunggyu, where are you going? We're going to eat pork belly." Woohyun asked me. "Home. Bye Ellie. " I said before leaving. Ellie was the only person in that table that didn't annoy me, aside from Woohyun but no need to say bye to him. I knew he was gonna try to drag me back.

"Sunggyu!" Woohyun chased and stopped me by the door.

"What now?"

"Umm since what happen last time between us you know…I feel like I also need to apologize to you."

"It's okay Woohyun, there's no need." I told him.

"I know but still, I want to buy you dinner. So come with us tonight? I planned it for you."…. did he really?…It would be rude to refuse. "Okay okay, let's go have dinner then." I said almost reluctantly.

Soon, the others joined us by the front door and we all started walking together. "I thought you left." Nina asked me with a glare. "I guess you can't get rid of me that easily." I retorted. "Unfortunately." She rolled her eyes. 

 

 

Ellie's Pov

A little while after we got to the food place, a surprise visit arrived. "Sungyeol? What are you doing here?" Myungsoo asked. "I invited him." Woohyun informed us as Sungyeol sat himself down. "Hi guys!" Sungyeol greeted us cheerfully until he noticed Sunggyu. "Oh…hey.." He said awkwardly. "I never got a chance to introduce myself properly last time, I'm Sungyeol." He extended his arm to Sunggyu but he refused the hand shake. "Yeah, you were too busy breaking into my house." He reminded him. "Uh…About that.. a ha….sorry."  "Don't even Sungyeol." Nina told him and I nudged her right after. I was afraid a fight was gonna break.

A few moments later the food arrived and Woohyun began talking, releasing the tense atmosphere between all of us. I admit, even though a lot of things were going on in our table, my main focus was still on Myungsoo. He didn't say much but I could tell his discomfort. …Maybe me being here kind of forced him to stay….I began to feel bad….But what exactly is the conflict. Clearly its Sunggyu and him that are making this room tense. They act like they can't stand each other yet they're both still eating at the same table.


Since I was sitting next to him, I secretly kicked his leg with my foot. He did the same and then smirked so I kicked him again, but this time he had used his legs to trap my foot. I lost…like always. Luckily no one noticed our playing.

"Oh by the way Nina" Woohyun called her. "What was that Batman blog again? I was gonna ask you." He asked. "Seriously, what do you want that for?" Sunggyu said annoyed. "Here, let me borrow your phone." Nina began pulling  it up on his phone. "Here you go." "Cool. Thanks Nina." Woohyun said before he stared reading. "Ah here it is…hmm…latest news….Girl Kisses Batman…" Woohyun read out loud. "WHAT?!" Both Nina and Sunggyu yelled at the same time. "Let me see this again." Nina snatched the phone back to read. I guess the whole world knows that my best friend kissed Batman...…..kiss….My mind began to trail off while the others argued over the Batman news….kiss…..what would a kiss feel like...kiss....kissing....

…what would be the perfect location for a kiss…I closed my eyes for a minute and imagined what had happened earlier with Myungsoo, when we almost got ran over by the motorcycle…I wonder if we had kissed…

 


Myungsoo's Pov

While the others were arguing and fighting over Woohyun's phone, I couldn't help but to steal glances at Ellie. She looked completely spaced out, but she had a tiny smile forming on her lips. I wondered what she was thinking about…could it be me? I leaned on the table so I could stare at her. Since she didn't notice my stare, I poked the side of her cheek, waking her up from dreamland. "What are you thinking about?" I asked her. "Um…"  "Me?"…."aha haha funny." She teased. "So you weren't?"…."It's possible." …is that a yes?! It is right?…."Are you full?" She asked. "Hm?" "Cause you're not grumpy anymore." She said sweetly….how can I be when you act so cute like this…"Was I?" I asked with a huge smile on my face. She then nodded her head in agreement. "Liar." I said playfully and flicked her forehead. "Oww." She rubbed it and then softly slapped my shoulder. I took an opportunity to grab her hand and placed it under the table while I held it. She looked at me confused so I explained with the lamest excuse ever. "It's so you don't hit me anymore." I told her and she smiled like she understood perfectly that really, all I wanted was to hold her hand.

 

 

Sunggyu's Pov

I honestly thought I was gonna go crazy. "No Woohyun, don't even look at it. Its a dumb article." For some reason Sungyeol was also trying to  keep Woohyun from reading the article. Nina was obviously trying to hide the fact that she was the girl in the photos. "Yeah…Pff this is old news Woohyun, don't even read it." …"Okay fine…let me read other news then." Woohyun said as he got his phone back but then I spoke to him. "Why are you wasting your time with stupid things like this." …"Yah…" Woohyun was surprisingly annoyed at everyone. "Why is everyone trying to keep me from reading this article? There's something you're all not telling me isn't it? There's something fishy here."

"No no…" Sungyeol said.

"It's stupid." I leaned back in the chair and crossed my arms.

"Yah. What is stupid exactly? The fact that Batman spends his time saving lives and doing things for others?" Nina was now going off on me….again.

"The fact that people think he's all that." I told the truth…What do they know about me. I'm not a hero and I'm not a good person either. I never wanted to be one.


Sungyeol's Pov

For Nina's sake I thought she wouldn't want Woohyun to know, she was the one who kissed Batman. I mean, I would also want to hide that from the whole world if I was her. After Nina started going off on Sunggyu, defending Batman at all cost. I decided to stop her since she was getting to worked up. "That's enough Nina." She surprisingly listened. "You're right, there's no point arguing with the likes of Sunggyu." She crossed her arms and leaned back on her chair.

All night I tried to observe Sunggyu, for two reasons. First, he is my best friend's brother. For years I've heard horrible stories about him but never once have I met him like this. I wondered how much Myungsoo and him were alike. They didn't look much alike but now that I got to see how he is. The are actually similar. ..Attitude problems....The second reason was that since the first time I saw him, when we broke into his house. He gave me this strange familiar feeling. It's like I've seen him before somewhere but I couldn't quite place it. It just feels like this isn't the second time I've met him. It's like I've seen him more than that.

"Aish! My phone died you guys." Woohyun complained.

I had a few questions to ask that couldn't wait any longer so I texted Nina and told her to excuse herself to go to the bathroom. She looked at me strangely but obeyed. "I'll be right back too." I stood up and went to catch her. "Nina!" I whispered loudly.

"What is it?" She asked.

"You kissed Batman?!"

"Shhhh!!" She shushed me.

"Ah how embarrasing, don't tell anyone." She told me while trying to hold her cheeks.

"I won't but I don't think that being a blog article will help."

"You have to help me figure out a way to make them take that article down. Please." She begged.

"Fine, but first. Since you kissed him and all, did you see what he looked like?" I asked.

"Sigh...No." She pouted.

"He didn't seem like anyone familiar?"

"I don't think so, what do you mean?" She was confused again.

"Nevermind, just tell me exactly everything that happened that night."

After she told me everything in detail, we both made our way back to the table.

....So she saw Woohyun and Sunggyu before the incident....

It could be a wild guess on my part but I've already made my theory and I was about to test it tonight.

A few moments later, everyone got up to leave. Woohyun left first saying he had to be home early and Myungsoo made up some lame excuse so he could leave alone with Ellie, so they asked me to walk Nina home. Sunggyu, Nina, and I were the last to leave the restaurant. I purposely told Nina that I had to walk opposite ways to go to the market. It was also opposite of Sunggyu's home. "You wanna go to the market at this late hour?" She asked. "Yeah, it's kind of urgent. I know it's dangerous but I will be quick I promise. Come with me.

"Urgh...fine." She agreed. "Bye Sunggyu." I waved and he slightly nodded before taking off.

.....Plan in motion...

"So what is that you have to buy?" Nina was curious.

"Uhh Toilet paper. There's none at the house."

"Are you serious?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Dead serious. What do you want me to do if I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and...."

"OKAY! I GOT IT. Don't say anymore." I laughed at her reaction.

"Just hurry. This place doesnt give me a good vibe." She told me.

I was starting to think this was a bad idea. What if Batman doesn't show up?

After going into the store and buying what I had to buy I decided to play it off like I was playing a prank on Nina.

"AHHHHHH HEELLLLLP!!" I yelled until she became startled. "Just kidding" I went back to a whisper.

"Yah! What kind of games are you playing." She complained and started hitting my shoulder but my attention was around the corner where I saw a guy hiding.....is it him? I needed to see closer.

"Nina, wait right here really quick." I whispered.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to pee." I lied.

"But there's no bathroom here."

"I'll find somewhere....else.."

"You disgusting freak." She judged me so hard, don't blame her.

"Just wait for me inside the store, I'll be super quick." I told her before I ran and turned around the corner to catch the guy.

Ha! Found you!

I saw him leanng against a wall like he was patiently waiting for something, more like he was standing guard for us. He had his hoodie and mask on as always, but with other clothing I had just seen. There was no doubt now. The guy didn't notice me appraching at all, it was like he was thinking of something, so I got next to him and leaned on the wall in the same cool pose that he was in. With one foot resting agaist the brick wall.

"Hi Sunggyu." I said casually causing him to jump out of his place.

 


 

 


Note: Sorry about the slow updates T.T