The Ninja

Chasing Rabbits

 

Ellie's Pov

"Are you okay?" was the first thing that came out of my mouth. Naturally, I mean he was clearly hurt. "I'm fine. Listen, I'm busy here so can you get moving?" He signaled me to go away with his hands…..jerk….I thought as I was ready to depart, when suddenly we heard voices. "Where are you kid? You aren't gonna get away with this you know. When I find you, you're dead!" We turned our heads to the direction of the voice, it sounded like it was just around the corner. "." The boy said as he struggled to stand up quickly but realized he wasn't able to run away. He limped onto a nearby bush and hid behind it but before that he turned to me again…"Hellooo? Are you going to disappear or…" I didn't let him finish his sentence and turned in the other direction to get away from there….Rude…is he a gangster? ....Why is he running away…jumping from bridges is he crazy? He's lucky he didn't break his neck….pfft why do I care.

I slowly walked away from the scene, and by that I mean VERY slowly. It happens when I'm deep in though, I can't help it, my body just doesn't react properly. I heard several people running behind me. The people looking for that . I heard them stop to look around. "I think we lost him" "Oh come on! he couldn't have gone far" They said angrily.

I carefully turned my head to see what they looked like. They don't look like police. The men were wearing suits. Definitely gangsters…scary. I thought when I really should have been running away. "HEY YOU! What are you looking at?"……oh…oops…umm…

 


Myungsoo's Pov

IS SHE STUPID?! I clearly told her to go away. Now I'm dead thanks to that idiot. This is just GREAT! I thought as I saw the men approach the girl. "Are you looking for that young looking guy?" I heard her tell the guys. …She can't be serious……."He ran towards that station."...huh... She pointed at the street ahead. "You saw him?" They asked. "Yeah, he was running very fast. He got on one of the buses….but uh…" She pretended to look towards the bus station. "Ah..the bus left." "ARGHH" The guy's screamed in frustration….what……"Let's go after it."…"What, thats impossible?" They argued. "Forget it, let's go back. We'll find him another time." They all left…..Why did that girl do that?…

 

 

Ellie's Pov

….Why did I do that? He wasn't exactly nice to begin with…strange…I tilted my head and without looking back even once, I continued to make my way out of there. "Hey You" I heard him calling behind me. I assumed he was going to thank me for saving him but to my surprise,  did the opposite. I turned around and saw him approach me, he was still limping. "Why did you do that?"…."Umm I don't know." I said too honestly. "Did I ASK for your help?" …."Um no? but.." …"YEAH, I did not. So go do your charity somewhere else, or what did you think? That I was gonna be all nice and thankful for saving me?" ….what is wrong with him…"Oh…was it like that…I'm sorry then, I should have let those guys kill you. My bad." I said in a calm and sarcastic tone. The guy only scoffed.

"Should I go tell them you're here? They wouldn't be too far." I pretended to look around and was about to start walking back when he pulled the back of my shirt, since he couldn't catch up fast enough due to his injury. "yah yah…what exactly do you want?" he asked. "Nothing. Who are they anyway?" I asked casually.

"Excuse me? I meet this random girl in the middle of the street who thinks she's wonder woman, and I'm expected to tell her my life story now? I don't think so. On with your business, Miss." He signaled me to go away. "Okay then…bye."…..what.. I was curious…pfft jerk…I walked away feeling a I little more disappointed than I should have.

 

 

Myungsoo's Pov

Stupid, noisy, impertinent…and annoying….No one asked her to help. Did I just look pitiful because I fell? So what if the devil falls down and breaks his leg, is she gonna help him too? This is the thing about people. They like to assume things about others, based on appearances. I don't know how many people, especially girls have tried to fool me with their nice act. Disgusting….and on top of it all they act more stupid than they already are. Tskk….ouuch…I suddenly remembered I was hurt. Pretty badly but I don't think I broke any bones.

 


 

Ellie's Pov

"Hello?" I answered my phone while in the bus on my way home. I had forgotten to check for phone calls. It was my best friend Nina. "Why weren't you answering your phone?!"

"Sorry I was busy talking to gangsters."

"Im being serious here, you never answer your phone. What were you even doing?"

"I told you I was talking to gangsters"

"Stop joking would you?" My friend is too used to my random talk to believe me.

"Fine. I'll stop. I don't know if they were actually gangsters or not. But its pretty weird that one of them fell from of the sky like that…well bridge…he was no angel let me tell you."

"Are you writing fiction again? Can I have my friend back for 5 minutes while I talk to her on the phone?! You worry me sometimes you know. Stop daydreaming when you go out on the street!" She started to scold me. "But this wasn't a daydream…."…"Do I need to speak to your parents about this? Maybe you have to start seeing the psychologist again." "Oh come on Nina, you know me better than anyone else." "Exactly why I think you need help." …..sigh….I scratched the back of my neck…..Yes. I had my issues before which could make them think I'm imagining but I'm not totally insane, I know this happened…."Are you on your way home?" She changed the topic.

A few minutes later, I arrived home for dinner. Both my parents and best friend were waiting for me at home. Nina is currently staying over our house since her family had guests over at her house. "Why are you back so late?" My father asked. "I got distracted and missed the earlier bus." I said.

"She was talking to gangsters." Nina told them sarcastically, but I know where she was getting at. "What?" My mom asked surprised. I glared at Nina so she would shut up and it worked. "I'm just kidding." She laughed nervously. "You scared me Nina…but then again, my daughter would never talk to random people." She smiled. "Or anyone else in this world besides us." My father added…..is this the concept they have me under? this is sad….."I'm going upstairs." I said annoyed and left the dinner table.

I know Nina and my parents care for me a lot but I hate it when they don't take me seriously. It has happened all my life, which is why I became absorbed in the world of fiction and fantasy. Its more comfortable to talk about dragons and magic kingdoms than real life stuff. I don't blame them for thinking I'm abnormal though, I don't live my life like the rest of the people my age.  **door knocking** "Can I come in?" It was Nina. "Gate open" I yelled.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you, I went overboard." "Yeah that was nice of you."  I was still upset with my friend. "Please don't be like that." She said sincerely. I ignored her and took out my laptop to continue writing one of my fiction stories. "So….." Nina tried to speak to me even though I was ignoring her. "Have you thought about attending the university? I know you said you wanted to do it all online. But you already did your first year of courses so why not try actually attending this time. try it out." …I continued to type my story despite her talking.

"You can't be locked in here for the rest of your life you know, you need to get out and meet other people….You're still ignoring me huh…." I turned my chair around to ask her "What sounds better, paranormal galactic or paranormal galaxy?" "I thought you were writing about medieval warriors" she said…"yup..same story.." I replied. "Uhh paranormal galaxy?" She suggested. "Then galactic it is." I turned my chair back to my laptop…"yah…don't be like this." She complained. "Nina, I don't think you understand the importance of this story to me." "Yeah.. you say that with every story you write." "And has one of them not become an online hit so far? That's because every story is treated with equal importance."  "Your point is?" Nina asked. "I don't have time for campus life."

"Are you really gonna do this for the rest of your life? And whatever happened to what you said before about meeting guys. You said you wanted to look for your prince charming." .."Ew, you don't have to make it sound so cheesy." …"Just because that one blind date was a failure doesn't mean they all will!" .."He was a total jerk…actually all the guys you've tried to introduce me to so far are jerks." I told her. "You barely gave them a chance…" "Cause they all look at me like I'm crazy…oh wait…that's because I AM crazy, according to you and my parents." I was still bitter over them treating me that way. Nina sighed and remained quiet. "Maybe you need to find me a psycho" I still joked despite the previous comment.

"Don't say it like that! I'm only trying to help." Nina said with a defeated tone in her voice. "Why don't you help me think of a good name for a ninja." I told her, already willing to forgive her if she dropped the subject. "What?" Nina said confused. "I included a gangster ninja in my story, he needs a name." …"Why are you adding ninjas, I thought you said this was going to be a medieval story, and now you're making it a paranormal activity in space, with gangsters, and ninjas. What's next...Cowboys?!"... …"Not into cowboys."....  "You need to make up your mind already. You can't have everything in one story." ..."You're right. Let's take away the knights." I said as I went back to edit my file.


A few minutes later, Nina said she was sleepy so I turned off the lights so that she could sleep. We were both sleeping in my bed for the time being. Not that it was a problem since my bed is big enough to fit the both of us. I wasn't tired yet but I turned off my laptop and tried to sleep too. ….hmm…my story isn't going anywhere, i'll just revise the plot tomorrow….Then I started thinking back of what had happened earlier that day. I wonder what was all that about, and why was he running away from those people. He looked hurt from the fall too, did they catch him?…My fictitious mind was already thinking of theories…Maybe he robbed those gangsters….or a rich heir who got kidnapped?...…nah…what if he really did fell from the sky….that would make a nice plot for a romance…The gangster that fell from the sky….I smiled to myself thinking I had my next hit fic on my hands.

 


 

Myungsoo's Pov

"Are you okay? What happened to you?" My friend Sungyeol asked when I got to his apartment. It was the only place I could hide without those people knowing. "I was being chased and tried to jump from a bridge." ...."Wow,  your ninja skills must ." Yeol teased. "Very funny." I glared at him. "Ramen?" he offered and I gladly accepted. "I'll make it." I said. "Nah, you're crippled. Go sit down and i'll bring it to you." He told me. "Thanks mom." I back and he laughed.

"Honestly speaking though…" My friend spoke as he placed the ramen on the small table. I only listened as I ate the ramen. "I don't understand why you don't just let them catch you. You can get all the money you want, maybe they'll buy you a place and a car. You won't even need to move a finger. Sounds more convenient to me than running away from them. I would do it." Sungyeol advised. "I'm not going to become those people's puppet. Those type of people disgust me, I rather die than to be under their wing."

"Oh please, its not like you're joining the mob. Its your family after all."... "Not my family." I continued to eat the noodles. "I don't even know them."…."Well, I think thats why they want you to go to them so they could get to know…" "Sungyeol!" …"Yes..?" "Shut up already. I'm not going to that family of rich snobs who know nothing but money." "Aish, alright. Tsk…if you weren't so self righteous you would be driving a corvette by now."….."Yah, is cars all you think about?" I playfully kicked him.

"By the way.." Yeol began a new topic, unlike me, he is a complete chatter box. "You missed some very good girls this evening. And by good I mean GOOD as in totally hot! See if you weren't running away you would have met one of them. "Oh really? Well did you get their number?" I asked. "Of course not, they blew me off." he sulked. "I thought so." I laughed. "Cause you weren't there." He told me. "Not interested." I said.

"Aishh you're still with that attitude."…"What attitude?" …"Nevermind, so you haven't met any girls lately?"…"Nop…e.." I suddenly got a flashback from earlier this afternoon…

**Oh…was it like that…I'm sorry then, I should have let those guys kill you. My bad.**

"What's that smirk for huh?" Yeol noticed my expression.
"Nothing"
"You met a girl didn't you? Was she hot?
"She looked like a total airhead."
"Oh…was she cute? pretty?"
"The ramen was good." I smiled and limped over to the kitchen to wash my plate.

"Oh come on! Tell me about this girl."
"What are you, a girl? Stop gossiping, seriously."
"Wait, you said she looked like an airhead, you dislike that type, I hate stupid girls blah blah blah is what you always say." Sungyeol imitated my voice. "Did you get trapped by her kawaii aegyo?" I warned him that I was going to punch him if he continued.

"Hey Yeol, you know whats worse than a stupid girl that acts like an airhead?" I asked him. "What?" …"You." …"yah…that's mean." We teased each other for a while until we fell asleep.

 



Ellie's Pov

"No, for real now. This is the final plot draft I promise." I told Nina the next morning. I had woken up early to redo my story. "This is like the 5th plot change this week." She said. "But I really thought about it this time. Hear me out. Its called….The Gangster Who Fell from the Sky."

"…What….oh here we go..okay what is this one about…" Nina said with her usual half interested half bored expression. "Its a romance…" I said before her eyes became wide opened and set on me. "A romance you say?" This girl loves the romantic comedies too much, and maybe the fact that I don't write about it much sparks curiosity. Theres a lot of market for romantic comedies so why not. I thought.

"So….that's it? The gangster falls from the sky in front of a girl aaaand?" Nina was unusually interested in the outline.

"She saves him from being caught by the other gangsters."
"Awww and she takes care of him and everything right?"
"Nope, he yells at her for helping him."
"What? Why? What an !"
"Right?! I don't understand whats so bad about helping someone.Tsk."
"Well why did he yell at her then?"
"I don't know!" I yelled.
"huh…but aren't you the one writing the story?" Nina was confused.
"Oh…yeah…well I haven't thought about that yet....this is just the outline."
"hmm…you have an interesting way of coming up with stories. Just hurry up with it, I want to know already!" she said excitedly.
"Yeah me too." I sighed, unsure of what my fingers were going to be typing next.