The Rabbit

Chasing Rabbits

Myungsoo's Pov

I woke up the next morning to head over to a few shops to ask for a job. I was previously working at a gas station but uh. well..I got fired for punching a customer. The snob deserved it though, he tried to slap the money on my face. I went to a small restaurant shop and got told to come back for an interview……well its progress…I thought right before a fancy car pulled in front of the shop and two body guards forced me into the car….They caught me.

"Son…"
"Don't call me that." I refused to look at him.
"I understand the life you had so far has been very different than mine. But you have to open your eyes and know whats best for your future. I only want my son to have the best education."
"Enough. I don't need it."
"Finish your college."
"I dropped out, remember?"

Truth is I couldn't afford college by myself after my mother passed away. Yeah there were scholarships but I didn't see the point in even finishing. I really only needed money to pay for my own living expenses. I can deal with any job.

My so called father never married my mother, and abandoned her when she was pregnant with me. I never once met him until my mom passed away two years ago. Now he pesters me all the time about him wanting to take charge of me.


"Listen…I'm not asking you to forgive me. All Im asking is for you to finish your degree."

"Why?" I asked.

"So I can have my own peace of mind. That I at least did something for you before I die."

"It's useless. Now stop the car and let me off would you? Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"You'll see." The man said mysteriously.

 


 


Ellie's Pov

"I told you, you would like the food here." Nina said after she noticed me savoring the delicious food at the restaurant. "THIS…is good." I exclaimed. "Get full because you will need the energy." She said. "Huh, why? Where are we going?" "Walking around, taking a tour." "A tour of what?" …"You'll see when we get there." she said suspiciously but I already had a feeling I wasn't gonna like it. "It better be the amusement park." I told her. "Its better than that."…..yeah right….

"Umm what is this?" I asked when we got there.
"Its college campus."
"I can see that. What I really meant is what is…."
She didn't let me finish my sentence and dragged me around. "Come on, I'll show you how nice it is. Its big, and theres lots of space for you to walk around and just enjoy the sky like this." Nina laid down on he grass while I stared at her with crossed arms.

"Join me, come on!" My best friend knows how to talk me into things. I had no choice but to lay down next to her. The air felt fresh and you could smell the aroma from the grass. The sky was blue and full big fluffy clouds. "Look! That one looks like a dog." She pointed towards a cloud. What do you think?" She asked me.…"Definitely a rabbit…with a bionic ear." I answered.

"I'm not stupid you know. I know what you're trying to do here. Its not gonna work." I told her next.

"I know. I'm just thinking maybe if you see the school you may like it and want to attend it. We'll be college mates! Come on! The environment here is nice…and OH! There is another place I want you to see. Come with me." Nina dragged me again.

 


 

Myungsoo's Pov

"Why are we here? You are wasting your time old man." I told my 'father'
"This is the University I graduated from. Those were some of my best years."
"I really have no time or interest for your stories." I refused to listen.
"I also want you to live this stage of your life. Studying is important of course, but being a student of this college helps you grow as a person too."
"Are you telling me to become like you?"
"No. You can do much better. I know I failed as a father and as a…"
"I need to go to the restroom where is it?" I interrupted with other intentions.

"Its that way, Bob will take you." He said referring to one of his body guards. ….urgh!….these damn body guards…..I began walking towards the direction of the restroom, thinking of how I was going to escape from there.

 


 

 

Ellie's Pov

"You are going to LOVE the library here." Nina said excitedly and I admit, It did spark my interest. Like any library would.  "Oh no." My friend realized that the library was under summer hours and closed early. What a shame. "I forgot they close at 6pm during summer. Aish!" She sounded frustrated.

"Whats that?" I pointed towards a cart. "Its an ice cream stand. You want some?" She asked and I nodded my head rapidly. Before getting the ice cream she told me to wait for her to use the restroom first, so I stood outside the library on my own and admired the trees while I waited….this is kind of refreshing to be honest…but then its only like this because it's summer and there are no students. Once the fall begins it will be full of loud and annoying people…I shivered at the unpleasant thought.

Suddenly I noticed something move on the bushes next to the trees….whats that?….I went near it and saw a hint of a rabbit….Its so cute…let me take a look at you closer…I took my phone out to try and get a picture of it. Quietly, I got away from the library to follow the rabbit. Little did I know that it would take me too far away from where I was. Far enough for me to get lost.

….well I guess I'm lost….Not that I cared, I mean Nina would eventually find me. I'll just wait for her to call me. I might as well enjoy the loneliness of this place while I was at it. I walked around and explored the campus on my own, paying more attention to the wildlife than to the fact that I had no idea where I was.

 


 

Myungsoo's Pov

"hahaha that was easier than I thought." I said while panting from the running. Who knew Bob had to use the restroom too, the poor guy. It gave me the perfect chance to escape smoothly…now the question is where the hell am I and how do I get out of this place…I looked around trying to find an exit….this campus is way different than the one I attended before…this is huge…tsk…rich kids…All of a sudden I felt something move in the trees in front of me….huh?…I looked around and continued to walk through campus.

….That old man seriously needs to stop trying to get me to be his perfect little rich son…thats so annoying…doesn't he have a son my age already? With his wife he married. He probably attends this school too…ha! No way I'm letting that happen…

Again, I felt the bushes next to me move so I jumped back a little…what is wrong with this place?…its either haunted or infested with wild creatures….I tried to look around the plants to see if I saw something. That's when I saw a small rabbit poking his head out of the bush to stare at me.

"You creepy little thing, stop making noise would you? I'm trying to organize my life here…Aishh…" I spoke to the rabbit as if he understood me.

After realizing I was actually talking to a rabbit, I began walking again to continue to look for an exit. After a few moments I stopped walking to rest for a bit…maybe I should go back that way instead…Then I felt another bush moving just like the previous one. I began talking to myself as I curiously approached the plants.

"Is it one of you again? I already told your other rabbit friend that I don't like how you keep making....AHHHHHHH" I screamed and jumped back so high I fell on the floor.

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?! I yelled when a girl suddenly jumped from the bush like she was some kind of ghost.