24: Coming and Going

Boys vs Girls. Battle of the Century.

Regular - Korean | Bold - English Italicized - Chinese | Underlined - Japanese


Narrator's POV

Kari went home to Korea in three weeks time, that was the earliest that the flights resumed. She experienced 5 more aftershocks and each one scarring the girl. Many Japanese have died, others have been evacuated, Kari and her family were moved to a safer hospital, somewhere the earthquake didn't hit as much.

Kari was at her house in Korea, catching up on all the school work that she missed, as Noya stayed by her side nonstop. The girl came back quietly, she didn't even tell Mark that she arrived. She wasn't able to contact him after the first aftershock, no signal, no connection, no internet was available in Japan.

"carry the two, that makes it 8 units times the cube root of-Noya, not right now" Kari said as he scratched on her leg "I still have 3 days worth of work to do"

The dog barked and jumped on the chair, seating himself on her lap. After finishing her math work, she finally decided it was time for a break

"wanna go for a walk Noya?" she asked and he happily wagged his tail. The girl smiled and grabbed the leash, attatching it onto his collar. Noya whimpered, he didn't like the leash that much. "Just this once, koinu"

Kari patted his head. She grabbed her phone and exited the house, wlaking Noya around the neighborhood. The girl was deep into her thoughs, reevaluating her visit to Japan. It definitely was not 'The Land of the Rising Sun' that she remembered. Wreckage and ruin filled her mind. Her house entirely collapsed, she was sure of it.

There was one memory in particular that stood out, even more than the aftershocks. Kari was walking with Daiki and Aki, buying some dog food for Noya, when she saw him helping a broken-ankled Mizuki walk around. Kari and the two met eyes, hers flashing with fear and anger. She immediately walked faster, the twins trailing behind her.

Noya's barking woke Kari up from her little daydream. She looked around and noticed that they arrived at a park, in front of them was her usual group, surprised to see her. Kari let go of the leash and Noya ran to them, jumping on JJ. The whole lot of them stared at Kari in shocked silence before Suzy pounced on her

"you're back" she smiled ruffling Kari's hair. Pulling away from the hug, Kari subtly nodded forcing a smile

"gwenchana noona?" Yugyeom asked carefully

"mhm" Kari nodded, but even they knew it was a lie. Mark walked up to her and swiftly picked his girlfriend up. Kari sighed and relaxed under his arms, letting him twirl her around in the air

"you were out of contact for a while" Jin said

"mianhe oppa, no connection or wifi in Japan" Kari said before choking out "everything's ruined"

"did you just get back today, unnie?" Yerin asked

"I got back last week" Kari shook her head

"why didn't you tell us?" JJ asked

"I was preoccupied, mianhe" Kari muttered and Mark squeezed her hand

"are you sure you're okay?" he asked, his eyes filled with worry

"I'm fine" she said

"oh? igeo bwoyah?" Mark asked examining her left arm, he then noticed something on the top of her back. It was something like a scar, a big one "this too"

"a-ah, metal fell on me during one of the aftershocks" Kari said and their eyes widened "it doesn't hurt anymore, gwenchana"

"more happened" Suga said "is oba okay?"

Kari's heart rate sped up and she began to tremble. They noticed

"I-I'm sorry, ane" Jungkook muttered putting a hand on her shoulder. Mark knew Japanese to the extent that he apologized. Rap Monster whispered something to Jackson, who gasped

"oh my God, Kari-ah" he said "I'm so sorry"

By then, a dark atmosphere filled the group "my umma just couldn't push through anymore" Kari whispered. Mark wiped away her tears and pulled her into a warm hug "e-enough about me, why are you guys here?"

"ah, we decided to have a farewell party outside, we were just gonna stay here a bit then finish the day with a bonfire at Soyon's" Jr said

"farewell party?" Kari asked

"I guess this isn't the best way to tell you" Suzy said sheepishly "but I'm leaving for Milan in 2 days"

"but school?" Kari said

"my schedule got moved up, I need to go there sooner" Suzy said "I was hoping that you'd make it back before I left, but I wasn't really sure."

"but now that you're here, we can party with the whole crew" JJ smiled

"I'd love to, but still have homework to do" Kari said

"aye c'mon noona" Bambam said "can't you skip to spend time with us?"

"I'll help you later" Mark smiled at her. Reluctantly, Kari agreed

"arasso, but if we don't get any sleep later, it's because of you guys" Kari said

"why wouldn't you get any sleep?" Jimin smirked

"yah, you little " Kari lightly chuckled, hitting the back of his head "he'd be helping me with 3 weeks worth of homework"

***

The 19 of them went back to Suzy's place and gathered around the bonfire in the backyard. Apparently Kari missed way too much as there was 2 new couples within them. Yugyeom-Yerin and JJ-Jackson

"how'd you two get together?" Kari asked

"he saved me again from dying" JJ said

"I told you to stop fighting for fun. This is the 2nd time that Jackson's had to save you from near-death" Suzy scolded

"sorry mother" JJ mumbled handing Jackson a beer.

"unnie, do you have dog food by any chance?" Kari asked

"um...I think so. You left a bag here like a few months ago. Is it still edible?" Suzy asked

"yeah" she nodded standing up. Mark followed her into the house with Noya in his arms. 

"Ai" he said leaning against the counter, "come here"

"what's up, Tuan?" Kari asked leading Noya to the plate of dog food on the floor. He held his hand out and she took it confused

"you know you can tell me anything, right?" he asked. She nodded "so tell me, what happened in Japan? After our line got cut"

"well, my family told me to go home as soon as flights got resumed. During the three weeks I was there, more aftershocks came, my umma was moved to another hospital, but she died during my second week. We had the funeral the day before I left." Kari said leaving out the part when she saw Mizuki "basically my whole country is in ruins, I felt selfish as to being one of the few to return to somewhere safe."

"your family's okay?" he asked and she nodded

"I told them about you a few weeks ago" she said "my appa wants to meet you as soon as the disasters are over"

"why didn't they come here to Korea with you?" Mark asked "it's better here"

"my appa has a whole business to rebuild, my dongsaengs had their relationships and friends, they couldn't leave" Kari said "their whole lives are there, do you know how hard it was for me to move?"

"I do" Mark nodded "it was hard for me too"

"ah I almost forgot you were from LA" she said sheepishly "mian Tuan"

"there's something else you're not telling me" Mark raised his eyebrow at her

"it's nothing" Kari shook her head

"Ai-ya, I don't want there to be any secrets between us" he said quietly "if there's something bothering you, you need to tell me so I can help you"

"I'm going to go back to Japan again" she said

"again?" Mark said surprised "you just got back! and you said you were scared about-"

"not now, pabo-ya" Kari chuckled "some time in the future, when I know that my country's safe again"

"wae?" he asked

"I want to help rebuild it. Not just my appa's company, I want to help rebuild everything that was ruined." she said determinedly "I don't know I'll do it, but I will"

"this is one of the reasons why I love you" Mark smiled leaning down to press a soft kiss on her lips "when you set your mind to something, you don't give up. I'll be here to support you all the way"

"chincha?" Kari asked "even when you're training?"

"I'll try, but you'll always have my support" he said. She grinned and hugged him

"komawo Mark-ya. I really needed that" she said and looked down to her dog "are you full now Noya?"

"I love you" Mark said suddenly

"bwoyah, kapjagi" Kari chuckled "I love you too, Tuan"

"no, I'm serious" he said staring intensely in her eyes. She blinked at him, her eyes huge, as he trapped her against the fridge. He urgently pressed his lips onto hers, his mouth moving ferociously as to try and make her respond. Mark's hands tightly gripped her waist.

"M-Mark" Kari mumbled as he moved his lips to her neck

"Ai, you don't understand how much I missed you" Mark said "don't stop me"

"at least not here" Kari said struggling to push him off

"why not?" he whined needily "Ai, I need your help. Badly"

"Tuan, we're at Soyoon unnie's house" she hissed "what if we get caught?"

"we've done our first time here, why not do it again?" Mark asked

"just wait a bit" Kari said quickly pecking his lips "we'll go to my house soon"

"but Ai-"

"Tuan" Kari said sternly "we'll leave in 10 minutes"

"10 minutes" he grumbled "no more, no less - actually, I'm good with less too"

"here, use my cardigan to cover up your Yi-En" she chuckled throwing him the piece of clothing "come on, Noya."

After 10 minutes, Kari bid Suzy goodbye with an overdramatic hug.

"we'll need to buy some Red Bull, Tuan" Kari said "we'll be working on science all night"

"I'll pay" he said taking her hand "good luck Suzy, you'll be a great model"

"komawo Mark-ya" she smiled "use a with her"

"what?" he blinked

"we're not stupid" Jr chuckled

"use a , don't make her pregnant" JJ said laying down with her head on Jackson's lap

"you make ane pregnant, and I will choke you" Jungkook cracked his knuckles

"Jungkook-ah, stop trying to act all thug" Jamie patted his back

"leave it to me, maknae" Suga said going up to fist his collar "I swear you knock up Ari and I will knock your balls to hell"

"Yoongi-ah, release" Kari chuckled moving Suga away from Mark "bye guys, I'll see you in school tomorrow. Hopefully"

"hopefully hyung won't break you" Youngjae said "bye noona~"

"yah Choi Youngjae-"

"let's go" Kari chuckled pulling Mark away from the house


A/N 






Isn't this so cute? AWWW SHINDONG AND YIXING AWWWW ASDFGHJKL;

***



WAIT WHY IS THERE A HUGE ING HOLE ON STAGE?

[Thank you Taozi for saving Umin ge <3]

***

^ And this made me officially ship MarkYeon

***

how does he ing look so ing good in a ing suit like how the what the



Mark ing Tuan K-pop slays me.
Subscribe, comment, and upvote~
-Yuni