The Way He Sways

Symptoms

"Hahahaha!!" Key's laugh boomed throughout the entire dorm and probably every other room in the building. "Oh my god this movie is gold. Good pick." He adds a wink to the last part. How could I not bring Mean Girls?? None of the boys have seen it except Key!

"I just can’t believe you’re the only one that’s seen it. These losers didn’t know what they were missin." I gestured over to the group of boys sitting on the couch consisting of Minho, Jinki and Taemin. Jonghyun was currently in the bathroom washing up. They had just finished up their tour earlier that day so we all went back to their dorm and decided to have a movie night to celebrate. We each got to pick a movie. I picked Mean Girls, Kibum picked Sleepless in Seattle, Minho picked The Blind Side, Taemin picked some old Korean movie I kept forgetting the title of, and Jonghyun didn’t pick one. Key and I were rudely rejected off the couch and spent most of the movie trying to get comfortable. The final pose ended up being him leaning on one forearm with his legs stretched out and my head propped up on his left leg and body stretched out, making a really attractive double chin I might add.

"Yo Jonghyun bring the chicken and beer when you come back." Jinki was getting impatient at not having his food but was too lazy to get up and get it himself. My neck was hurting anyway so I decided to get up and do it.

"Shut up Jinki, I gotchu." I gave him a wink and headed over to the plastic bag on the kitchen counter. There were 12 pieces of fried chicken, 2 for each of us and a 6 pack of nasty beer from the convenience store down the street. We usually bought the expensive kind but I didn’t have enough so we decided to settle for the cheap brand. I got 2 plates of chicken, one for me and one for Jinki. My hands were already full with those but I hate making 2 trips so I tried to pick up the pack of beer as well except with no luck. I tried again but a shirtless Jonghyun got to it first and smiled at me before carrying it out to the living room. He was wearing the black sweat pants again and they were low rise which showed off his adorable back dimples. My eyes scanned all the way down his chiseled, tan back, I could feel my arms getting weak but I was too distracted by his small but nicely rounded swinging oh so slightly as he walked-

"!" The plates of chicken, no longer in my hands were face down on the floor with small pieces that chipped off sprawled around them. Look at what you’ve done to me, Kim Jonghyun. Everyone looked in my direction and Minho, Taemin and Jonghyun jogged over to investigate. "Damnit! Sorry guys, I…I uh hit my elbow really hard on the table and the plates just kind of…." No way was I going to tell them I was distracted checking out Jonghyun's tight .

"Dude its fine. Nothing broke very much its ok" Minho rubbed my shoulder and smiled reassuringly.

"Yeah I think what we need to be worried about right now is that Jinki isn’t getting his chicken…" Taemin always knows what’s up. We all giggled and looked at poor Jinki who was now standing and looking like someone just died. Jonghyun and I started cleaning up the spilled chicken and the pieces of deceased plate.

"Good job, stupid." He looked at me and smiled. His teeth were just barely showing and the right corner of his bottom lip was dipping down just a little farther than the left like it always did when he smiled like that. I momentarily forgot how to speak. I managed to choke up a few words.

"Tables man, they really getcha…" what the was I saying? He just laughed and swept up the rest of the plate residue and I put the chicken in the garbage and walked over to Jinki. "Do you want me to prepare a funeral, buddy?" I lightly patted his shoulder.

"Oh shut up." He pushed me and walked away. I chuckled to myself and sat back down next to Key to finish the movie. Only this time we took the couch before the other guys could. Taemin came over and sat on my legs, forcing Minho, Jinki, and Jonghyun to sit on the floor. I tried to focus on the movie. It’s my favorite movie after all! But I kept catching myself sneaking glances at the still shirtless Jonghyun sitting in front of me. He was hunched over, leaning his arm on his knee and fully immersed in the movie. I had to fight the urge to reach down and caress all the way down his spine and run my fingers through his hair. Damn he smelled good. He was directly in front of me so I kept getting wafts of his stupid sweet vanilla cologne that was teasing my senses. Finally I couldn’t take it anymore and decided I just needed to sleep.

"Alright guys, I’m beat. I’m gonna go to bed. Love y'all." I yawned and then ran my fingers over all their heads as they all melodiously replied, "love you too." I couldn’t help but wonder if Jonghyun might be watching me walk away like I watched him. Chances are he wasn’t but I could still feel his stare on my back, burning holes through my core. I picked up the pace until I got into Key's room, threw myself into bed and immediately wrapped myself in the covers. All the events that unfolded that night kept running through my head. Holding the chicken as he came up and grabbed the beer and looked at me, watching him sway back and forth as he walked towards the living room, being so incredibly distracted and weakened and dropping my freaking dinner….I didn’t get much sleep that night.