Nothing Good Happens After 2AM?

Symptoms

Nothing good was ever on television at 2:00 AM. Insomnia was a . I’d spent countless nights pacing across my dorm, drowning out the sound of stupid infomercials, driving over to Shinee’s dorm, or heading out for a run because I couldn’t get my eyes to shut. And if I succeeded at shutting my eyes, my brain refused to shut with them. I was currently lying on my couch, my blanket over one leg and tucked underneath the other, and my eyes were glazed over as the television screen flipped from one infomercial to the next. I thought about heading down to my favorite café but it was a Friday night (I guess technically Saturday morning) so everything open was bound to be bustling with people. The streets of Seoul were always filled on the weekends no matter what time of day it was. Shinee would definitely be home by now. Their flight was scheduled to get in at 12:30 AM. I contemplated busing over there but they were undoubtedly exhausted so I decided against it. I was about to get up and make myself a cup of tea and maybe munch on some cookies my voice coach had given me a couple days ago but a sound from my phone stopped me before my left foot could touch the ground. I picked it up and hovered over the screen to look at my wallpaper. It was a picture of me, Shinee, and their manager at the beach. It was taken about 6 months ago when we headed down to their for my birthday. I smiled to myself remembering how amazing that trip was before unlocking the screen to check my message. “You up? Of course you are. Meet me at the café in 10.” I felt a surge of giddiness go through my body only to be accompanied by a rush of nervousness. I read the text from Jonghyun once again, checking his name carefully to make sure it was actually him that texted me. I guess tonight was one of those nights where he couldn’t sleep. Did he want to talk to me about what happened? What would he say? Would he apologize and say he was just really ? Would he confess his love? Maybe he just wanted to hang out. He knew I had trouble sleeping too. He must’ve just been bored. But it would just be weird not to talk about it! Whatever. I’m not passing up this opportunity. My feet scrambled to run across the floor with my socks on. I changed into some dark blue skinny jeans, put on a jean jacket over my tank top and slipped on my sneakers before grabbing my keys and bolting out the door.