The Debate

A Collection

Jessica Jung is a picky person when it comes to people she let herself to be close with.  With her facade as a cold person, it wasn't a surprise for everyone around her.  Not that she disagree with that, she thinks it is better to protect yourself from people who doesn't really care about you and ends up hurting you in the end.

She always has, at least, one reason of why she let herself being close to someone.  Don't count her family on here, because everyone knows the reason why and she doesn't need to tell the world out loud about that. 

Take an example: her members.  Everyone knew the main reason why she is close with them; she regarded them as her second family.  But to each one of them, she has her very own reasons.  She doesn't need to tell them, let themselves assuming why.  She's not the type who likes to explain something she thinks unnecessary to be explained.

But when a certain Im Yoona assuming the reason why she claimed her as her favorite dongsaeng, she found the urge to explain that the assumption is completely wrong.  But this girl is a difficult one to be explained.

 

"Jessica unnie."  A false baby voice belongs to her favorite dongsaeng, Im Yoona, disturbed her day-dreaming time. 

Yes, it's a habit of her to be lost in her own thoughts, especially when it is the time when they have to wait for the airplane to board.  And to be disturbed, wasn't her liking.  But she found herself lost in the battle between her and herself whether to scold the younger or just let her be. 

Of course, just let her be is the winner.  As always.

"What is it, Yoongie?"  She called Yoona with her favorite nickname.  It was her who gave it, anyway.

Yoona just shrugged her shoulders and sat on the empty chair beside Jessica's, not replying to her question.  Jessica turned her head to her right side and found the younger biting her nails which she and the others noted that it is Yoona's habit when she feels unsure or doubting about something.  

In other words, Im Yoona is currently debating with herself whether to talk about something that bothers her or not.

"What is it, hmm, Yoongie?"  She repeated her previous question.  "Tell unnie about it."  She put her hands on Yoona's left shoulders and her head above. 

Yoona stopped biting her nails immediately when she felt Jessica's breath against her skins.  Her Jessica unnie's effect was too much and she regretted her own decision to come near her.  If it wasn't because she wanted to prove Jessica that her assumption is completely right, she wouldn't be by her side now and feeling like she is having a judgment day.

Because, after all, having a debate with Jessica is like letting yourself to be killed with no mercy.

"Why don't you just admit it, unnie?"  Yoona opened the conversation—the debate.

Jessica sighed.  She knows exactly where the question leads to.

"What is there to admit, Yoona?"  She decided to play dumb.  Not that she can't counter to everything that Yoona is going to say, but Im Yoona is a hard one to be assured.

"To admit that it is because of me, resembled Krystal a lot that makes you let yourself being so close to me."  Yoona said without sparing a single breath.  "Everyone's satisfied, everyone's happy."

"Wrong."  Jessica remarked.  "Not everyone. It's only you."

Yoona fell silence.  And Jessica took it as a cue for her to end the debate as soon as possible.

"I don't need to be close to a person who resembles Krystal because I already have Krystal.  Why bother to look for the same person when you already have one?"

"To fill her absence when she's not around you."  Yoona answered absentmindedly, leaving Jessica amazed.

'Smartass.'  Jessica complimented inwardly.  Yoona always had good words to counter.  She should be a debater not an idol, Jessica thinks.  But don’t call her Jessica Jung if she couldn’t win.

"She's everywhere, Im Yoona."  Jessica deadpanned.  "I still could text her, phone her, having a video-call with her, and chat her through the instant messengers.  What's the point of our oh-so-modern technology if it wasn't to make a person who is far from you, feels so close to you?"

No words escaping from Yoona’s mouth.  Seems like the younger is in a deep thought.  But to Jessica, Yoona is currently thinking about how to save her pride.  And all Jessica can do is smiling triumphantly as she thought about the last words she would like to say to claim her victory.

“So, your previous question now should be revised.”  Jessica said, smirking.  “Why don’t you just admit it, Yoona?”

“What is there to admit, Jessica unnie?”  Yoona asked her back with a challenge look in her eyes. 

Pride is everything for Im Yoona.

The still smirking Jessica drew her face closer to Yoona.  Looking into Yoona’s eyes deeply, Jessica is ready to end the debate with the victory on her hands.

“That your assumption is absolutely, completely, wrong.” 

And with that, and also with the announcement to enter the airplane, Jessica left Yoona alone there in her seat and walks herself to join the girls. But a small voice yet clear enough to be heard, making her pace to stop.

“Then why, unnie?”

 

One thing that Jessica Jung surely made a mental note to herself about Im Yoona; she will never, ever, accepted—admitted her defeat, no matter how clear it was.  And she knew that the younger is not satisfied with the arguments she gave, no matter how clear it was.

But Jessica is not the one who likes to explain something she thinks unnecessary to be explained.

Without turning her head, a sly smirk crept upon Jessica’s face.

“Think.  Brainy is the new y.”

Her voice was a rather loud one.  Jessica is surely believes that she would have another debate with her favorite dongsaeng in some other time.  Let alone the younger making any possible assumptions for now.

 

Because the reason why Im Yoona is Jessica Jung’s favorite dongsaeng, is something that only Jessica Jung needs to know why.

 


Woah!  Finally, I made this one.  Sorry to make you guys waited for a long time.  Well, I hope it meets your expectation.  If it doesn't, I'm sorry to disappoint you :(

And 'A Collection' is now finally completed. Thank you for you guys who subscribed, upvoted, commented, and read these stories of mine!