Over Books and Sweet Potatoes

A Collection

First, Sweet Potatoes.

Second, Books.

Two things that Seo JooHyun, or she prefers Seohyun, loves the most.  You could swap the position, the orders are nothing, according to her.

Everyone knows her undying love for sweet potatoes, popularly said goguma.  Her family, her close friends, her members, her fans, and anybody around her.  Yes, she is that obvious, mentioned in almost variety shows she was in: I love goguma.

And for books, those are the best companion that she could ever have.  Books never fail to accompany her, to cheer her up, to entertain her.  Other than her members or anyone she is enjoy being with, books is the best one, aside of sweet potatoes, of course.

She learns everything through books.  The way she thinks, the way she acts, mostly influenced by the books she is reading.  She could live just with it and her sweet potatoes.  She could bears being alone, as long as there is book with her, then it is more than enough.  So, it is not a surprise if everyone calls her a bookworm.  She doesn't mind at all because it is who she is.

She always thought about the books she had been reading for at least, a week.  If she just finished reading a novel, she would still found herself wondering why the ending was like that, why didn't the author make it the other way around, and so on.  She even fantasized her own version of endings.  If she just finished reading a self-improvement, she would thought about how to apply it on her life or she would criticized the author that life was not as easy as she/he wrote, and also dreaming about making a book titled How to Live Your Life to the Fullest by Seo JooHyun.  Wow, it would be nice, wouldn't it?

But she knows that she is not the only one.  She is not the only one who likes books as crazy as her.  She might be the one discovered, but she is not the only one.  Everyone might not knows it, but she knows.

 

"So, Hyunnie."  A person took a sit in front of her. "Oh.My.God.  Goguma.  Again?!"  The person in front of her complaining.  Not a surprise, everyone is always asking her about that, anyway.

She puts her finished book on the table and sips her sweet potatoes's flavor drink. "We've been living together for like 7 years and more, unnie."  She giggles.  "Why are you still asking about that?"

"You will never get tired of this, won't you?"  The person eats one of her sweet potatoes on her plate.  "So, what do you think, Hyunnie?"  

"Not that we were incompatible: we just had nothing to talk about."  She smirked to the person in front her, pretty sure that the person will replied her with the other line.

"If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking."  The latter replied and a smug smile appears.

"But i disagree with that line, Yoona unnie." Seohyun pouted, making Yoona to reveal her alligator laugh.

"And why was that?"  She drank her just-arrived vanilla milkshake, waiting for the maknae to answer.

Seohyun ponders for a while. "Because what other people are thinking could be different from what we've been thinking, unnie.  I think it is better the 'is' with 'might'."  She took the last pieces of her sweet potatoes. "So, it should be like this : If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else might thinking."  She emphasized the 'might' words.

Yoona chuckles on her statement.  She took another sips of her drink before commented on Seohyun's previous statement.  "True.  That was right, actually." 

"I hear buts on there, unnie."  Seohyun pouted.  Yep, Im YoonA is the only person whom she could discussed about books freely without being judge as a book-freak.

"Ah, you got me."   Yoona laughs.  "You think about the 'thinking' is refer to the book, isn't it?"  Yoona asked her, confusing Seohyun.  "I mean, you think that Murakami was stating that we think the exact things what everyone else is thinking about the book itself."  Yoona added.

Seohyun nodded her head but still confused.  "It wasn't?"  She blurted out.

"It wasn't."  Yoona answered confidently.

"Then what it was about then, unnie?"

"Ah, how to say this...."  Yoona said.  "You know I'm not good at explaining things, Hyunnie."

"Just explain it to me.  I want to know."  Seohyun whined.  Curiosity kills her.

"Alright, alright."  Yoona surrendered. "But if you don't understand, it's not my responsibility."  Yoona stuck her tounge out.

"Oh come on, spill it out."  Seohyun desperately said.

"Okay..."  Yoona paused for a while.  "You change the 'is' to 'might' because you believe that we have a different thoughts over something.  In this case is the book, am i right?"  Seohyun nodded.  "But that was not what he meant.  What he meant was we could only think what everyone else is thinking."  Yoona repeated the line and emphasizing the word 'think' and 'thinking', hoping that Seohyun would get what she meant.

"I didn't get what you meant."  Seohyun frowned, cursing her stupid brain.

Yoona chuckles.  If Seohyun is curious, then it is nothing that anyone can do except explain it briefly to her until she fully understands.

"Did you --do you wonder what i am thinking about the book when you finished reading it?  Did these question ever crossed your mind : Is Yoona unnie also thinks that Toru shouldn't be falling in love with Midori since he already fell in love with Naoko? or Is Yoona unnie think that Murakami was so damn good on creating this beautiful story? "

Seohyun nodded her head, answering Yoona's question.

"That's what the sentence meant, Seohyun."  Yoona calmly said.  "You wonder, you think about what the other readers are thinking.  Not that you are thinking the same things as the others.  You think about what my thoughts might be, you wonder if it is the same with you or not."  Yoona ended her explanation.  Explaining things are never her things, anyway.

"Whoa, i got it.  I got it, Yoona unnie!"  Seohyun clapped her hands, satisfied.

Yoona just smiles at her dongsaeng.  "So, The Fault In Our Stars or Norwegian Wood?  I personally prefer Norwegian Wood."

"Definitely The Fault In Our Stars!"  Seohyun exclaimed.  "Augustus Waters is the best!"

Yoona shook her head in amusement as she heard Seohyun's answer.  "What a hopeless romantic you are."  Yoona snorted.  "The girl who Sones claim as the maturest girl in the group is actually a hopeless romantic."

"Yah, unnie! Am not!"  Seohyun defended herself, making her unnie to laugh out oud.  "Don't you think it was romantic?"  Seohyun asked dreamily.

Once again, Yoona shook her head.  "I don't like sappy romantic stories.  They were just too good to be true.  You know, the real life is not as beautiful nor it was as complicated as the books."  Yoona shared her thoughts.  "But i agree with 'Some infinities are bigger than other infinities'. "  She quoted one of the popular sentence of the book.

"Too mathematical unnie."   Seohyun pouted.  

She asked the waiter for the bill as she just realized that the time is telling her that it is midnight already.  The other unnies might kill them if they don't come home any second now.

"Hey, mathematic is beautiful, ya know!"  Yoona remarked.  "If i am not idol now, i might think of taking math courses for my study."  She joked, while Seohyun just rolls her eyes at her unnie.

Just when Seohyun about to pay for the bill, the waiter comes with a bag of sweet potatoes.

"I'm sorry but I didn't order any sweet potatoes."  Seohyun politely said to the waiter.

"It's mine, i ordered it for you."  Yoona said to her as she stood out from her seat.  "I think Sooyoung eats your remaining sweet potatoes at home."  She winked at Seohyun.

Seohyun stares at her unnie's back as the latter makes her way out, which she follows behind.  Yoona unnie, she notices, is not someone who likes to show her affection.  But when she does, you will know how much she actually cares.

 

If there is another thing that Seohyun loves over books and sweet potatoes, then it is her Yoona unnie.  

 

"Yoona unnie, you should stop buying books and put it on my bookshelves and name it under mine, Tiffany unnie is starting to believe that I am crazily obsessed with books."


And it's YoonHyun! Yeay!

Well, I want to apologize to anyone who requested a romance story, i don't think i'll be able to make it.  Since, i am more interested on they sister-ship things hehe.

By the way, I personally haven't read the Norwegian Wood by Murakami, but some of my friends who already read it told me that it was good, which i'm putting it on my reading-list haha.  As for The Fault In Our Stars, well, very well, i just watched the movie and my opinion is just the same as the imaginary Yoona thinks on this story hahaha.