That Kind of Sister She Never Had

A Collection

Everything is not the same anymore. It will never be. No matter how hard she tries to assure herself that everything will be back to its place once again, but that ‘once again’ seems won’t make its way to happen as long as she lives on this earth.

Maybe in the other life it will be, and perhaps, even better.

 

She is not that kind of person who believes that there will be another life after the life she’s currently living in, but she always hopes that there will be.

That kind of life where everything is not as messed up as it is right now in her current life.

 

Hectic schedules. Korea to China, China to Korea, and repeat. She can no longer remember on how many times those people remind her to stay healthy and get enough rests. Ah, she can’t even remember how it feels like to be tired anymore, as she’s been living her life in an autopilot mode these past few months.

 

More like she doesn’t even care about what she feels about something anymore, as she thinks it is too tiring to identify what it is she exactly feels. The answers change time to time.

 

Truth to be told, this isn’t her first time. She had faced something like this for a couple of times before; those dramas filming that almost took her time being a normal person. But well, she is not a normal person either in the first place. She is supposed to be getting used to all this hectic schedules and stuffs, but she’s not.

She is not getting used to the absence of one’s existence. She’s not getting used to the fact that someone is not there, like literally not there.

But where’s there, actually?

There, in her very own definition, is where she supposed to know that someone’s existence is around her; where she can meet that person every time she wants to, every time their time crossed its path; and where she knows when she’s there, that person will be there too.

 

And when she told her Jessica unnie about that, the older girl just rolled her eyes; saying that what she said was confusing and just absurd. She was okay with that because she, herself, didn’t really get what she had just blabbered too.

 

“You’re supposed to use the free time to get some rests, you rascal.”

Her Jessica unnie was obviously complaining on the other line, but she couldn’t care less.

“I’m worried about your well-being, okay.”

She can’t help but to think that everything is actually okay, like nothing has ever happened. But at the same time she knows that it is not, even though the nagging is still there; also, that special spot of caring that Jessica always has for her and only her (that’s what she likes to believe) is obviously not going anywhere either.

Her Jessica unnie is still the same person she used to know and nothing has changed.

But as much as she thinks that it doesn’t, she knows better that everything is indeed changing.

Well, not everything. Some aspects in her life, are.

“Yoona, Im Yoona. You’re still there, right?”

“Of course, I am.” She replied, as energetic as she could be. But her Jessica unnie is not the one she’s supposed to deceive. “Safe and sound.”

She heard a snorting sound on the other line, obviously not buying everything she has just said. Her Jessica unnie knows her all too well.

Too well, to the point that she thinks Jessica knows her better than herself.

“One more time you lie, I’ll fly back to wherever you are just to kick your .”

At this rate, she knows better that her Jessica unnie was just joking. That Jessica didn’t meant what she had just said. But at the same time, she knows herself better that she wished Jessica wasn’t joking.

 

She really wanted to say,

“If lying could bring you back, I will do it as much as I could.”

And after that she’s obviously going to regret for saying it out loud, like literally. The thought of ‘she’s-the-one-who-makes-everything-is-not-okay’ will bubble like a water has just being heated, killing her not-so-sane mind more than it already does.

 

She chose to act like it was literally a joke.

Pretending is what she is good at. And oh, count lying on that too.

“I’m in never land together with my Peter Pan. Enjoying the world of being kiddies for the rest of my life. Catch me if you can.”

She hears Jessica laughing out loud on the other line. She doesn’t know what her Jessica unnie is laughing at. Jessica could be laughing at her jokes, Jessica could be laughing at her lies, and Jessica could be laughing at her effort to fly her back to wherever she is.

She can’t really identify what it is Jessica’s motives of laughing.

But she doesn’t care. And she never wants to care about that.

 

“Oh gosh, you little rascal. I already caught you even before you know it. I’m your fairy god mother.” Jessica chuckled.

“Oh no, I’m not. I’m that kind of sister you said you never had, remember?”

 

At this rate, Im Yoona knows that everything is okay and nothing has ever changed. She doesn’t need another life to know that everything is right on its place.

 

She solely needs this life of hers where everything is even better than she thought it might be.

 


Hello, everyone! This super-short shot is the result of the rumour of my Yoonsic communicating with each other through the phone call (gosh, I just wished that it was true, but I believe that it is :p).

I miss them, really :(