She Got a Mummy

A Collection

She is never been good with kids.  Everyone knows that.  Being crowned for a couple times as the worst mom from their previous hello baby's variety show, should be an enough prove that she isn't capable enough to be a mother.  Though she was up to a photo-shoot with babies several times, that doesn't make her any better.

But heck, a certain Im Yoona was asking --or rather daring her to be her mother for a day.  Something was wrong with her mind indeed, which Tiffany doubts her own deduction.

Had Tiffany didn't know her any better; she would jump in a conclusion that the Im was in love with her.

 

"Unnie, I think we should just stop this.  I feel awkward."  Yoona said to her when they were having lunch together.

"What?!" Tiffany shot her a questioning look.  "You are the one who asking me to."

"Yeah, I shouldn't have asked for that."  She bit her nails, quite a habit of her to do that when she was feeling anxious, Tiffany noted that.

"No."  Tiffany firmly said.  "I'm not the one who blows up my own promise.  Now, now, just enjoy being my daughter."  She joked, trying to lighten up the mood.  "It will be end sooner than you thought when you fall asleep tonight."

"But unnie--"

"Sshh."  Tiffany put her index finger to Yoona's lips.  "My baby should eat so that she doesn't get sick easily, alright?"  She tried to feed the Im.

"Okay, Mummy."  Yoona flashed her cheeky grin and swallowed the food from Tiffany's spoon.

"Daydreaming much?  I thought I was the one who likes to do that."  The Ice Princess, Jessica, popped out of nowhere and laid herself down on her bed, making her to move a bit to give the sleepyhead some space.

"I thought you are sleeping in your room."  Tiffany asked her, her mind still recalling that lunch moment with Yoona.

"I was."  Tiffany scoffed but the latter just ignores it.  "The dorm is so peaceful.  Sunny and Hyoyeon are busy fighting each other on freaking Tekken 4.  Seohyun is peacefully reading her 'holy' book.  And the rest are nowhere to be found."

"And you found me daydreaming and decided to disturb me instead of them."  Tiffany said sarcastically.  "Good choice, Jessie.  Good choice."

Jessica shrugged her shoulders and moving her body to face Tiffany.  "That's why you are my best-friend, Tiff."  Jessica smiled cheekily.  "And indeed you were day dreaming."

Tiffany sighed and decided to ask Jessica what's bothering her mind.  "Do you know why she asked me to be her one day mother instead of anyone?"

"I am not the only one you’ve been asked for this, am i?"

"You and she are the only people i haven't asked."

“And what were their answers?”

You know it yourself.” She mimicked.

"And that also what my answer is."

"What.The.Hell."  Tiffany is getting more annoyed.  "I seriously am asking here!"

"And I, we, seriously are answering too."  Jessica replied calmly.  "Look Tiff, if you really are curious about it, you should ask Yoona herself to answer it, which I know you will not be doing that."

"We all know how lucky we are to be able to feel the love of a mother."  Jessica continued.  "And you know better how freaking hurt it was losing someone you love the most."  Tiffany couldn't hold her tears anymore now, she knows what Jessica meant is. 

"But she knows nothing about it.  She is neither has the chance to feel it nor she knows the feeling of losing it."  She said softly.

"Exactly."  Jessica agreed, wiping her own tears.  “I think by now you already got the answer.”

 

“Mummy, what was your feeling when…umm…your mother passed away?”  Yoona asked her when she was about to tuck her on bed.

“I was depressed.”  She replied, fighting her own tears whenever the topic was brought up.  “It took me a very long time until I finally accepted the truth that she was gone.” 

She recalled how devastated she was back then and thankfully she was finally came to a realization that her mom would not be happy for that and she was determined to make her proud of her because she knew that her mother would always watching for her up there.  That was the very reason why she ended up here in Korea, reaching out her dreams.

“Is that so?”

“Yes.”

“She must be so proud of you right now.”  Tiffany smiled at Yoona’s words.  She hoped she is.

“Why are you asking out of sudden?”

“Nothing, I was just curious.”  Yoona smiled to her.  Tiffany noticed that the younger was somehow sad.

“Are you sure?”  The latter just nodded her head.

“What was your mother always did when she put you to sleep?” Yoona asked her, snuggling closer to her.

“Hmm…let me think.”  She thought for a while, recalling the memory when her mother would like to sing for her before she slept.  “She sang a song for me.”

“Can you sing a song for me too, Mummy?”

“Of course, sweetie, I would love to.”  She caressed Yoona’s hair and began to sing one of her favorite song, Let It Rain.

“Umma, I love you.”  Yoona mumbled softly before she drifted to sleep but Tiffany heard it nonetheless, knowing exactly that it wasn’t address to her. 

She pitied the younger; probably Yoona never had the chance to say it directly to her mother.  She knew that she was lucky enough to ever have the chance to be with her mother, unlike Yoona.

“I love you too, Yoong.”  She kissed Yoona’s forehead who was crying in her sleep in her embrace.

 

Who knows how long I’ve loved you?

You know I love you still

Will I wait a lonely life time?

If you want me to I will

For if I ever saw you

I didn’t catch your name

But it never really matter

I will always feel the same

 

The song I Will from The Beatles echoing the quiet van through the radio.  Tiffany hears Yoona humming the tune behind her.  The song might be tells us about a man/woman longing for their lover to comeback but Tiffany knows better for whom Yoona addressing the song to.  So, she turns her body to Yoona who is still caught up with the song.

 “Yoong, want me to be your mummy again?”  Tiffany asked the girl with her eye smile signature revealed.

 All the members in the van including Yoona, stunned with her sudden question.  Tiffany doesn’t care; she keeps looking at Yoona who is now grinning ear to ear.

 “Just call me Mummy whenever you want to.  I don’t mind.”

 Tiffany might be not capable enough to be a mother, but for Yoona, she would love to.  And she swore that she might name her daughter ‘Yoona’ in the future.

 

Love you forever and forever

Love you with all my heart

Love you whenever we’re together

Love you when we’re apart

 

For when at last I find you

Your song will fill the air

Sing it loud so I can hear you

Make it easy to be near you

For the things you do

Endear you to me

Oh you know

I will

 


Got this idea when I read another fan-fiction with this kind of story too, hehe.

For those who requested for YoonSic, well, I still searching for an interesting idea to wrote for those two hahahaha.  Tell me if you got one :)