Destiny-8

(You are my) Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun had been slipping in and out of sleep for the past 3 days after the soul-stirring meeting. He remembered a crying Dongwoo came by and muttered nonsensical stuff with quiet Howon beside him. He recalled Sungyeol was whining to him to stop sleeping. He was sure he saw Myungsoo and Sungjong watching him with worried glances. He had a vivid impression that Sunggyu sighing away more than he talked to him. His recollection included the twin sister dropping by with granny and whispered a weak 'take care' to him. And finally a dream of Minyeon with an apologetic look with a 'sorry' hand sign. With a grunt, Woohyun brushed off these recurring clips and went for a hot bath to get ready for dinner at granny's place.

 

The boys were exceptionally quiet in the car. Sunggyu avoided Woohyun's gaze. He knew he was wrong to keep mum about the fact he was aware before them. Granny had invited them for lunch and to officially introduce her granddaughter to the boys. Before this, she had also talked to Woohyun and briefly reiterated her decision of years back to have one of them stay by her side. Though Woohyun found the explanation sounded a little dubious but he shrugged it off as he could not bring himself to doubt the kind granny. Granny welcomed them at her doorstep and pat lightly on Sunggyu's back as a token of appreciation with the burden he had to carry. She looked apologetically at Woohyun who gave a dry smile. Her granddaughter was nowhere to be seen. The others who had not met her were most curious about her appearance. “I'll go get some drinks!” Howon and Sungjong squeezed into the kitchen door almost immediately. Sungyeol and Myungsoo wandered off to the garden with an excuse of admiring flowers in the garden, avoiding the tension between their hyung and Woohyun. Dongwoo walked back and forth in the living hall and busted out when he felt he had enough. “Hyung! Woohyun ah! For god's sake! Please talk!” Sunggyu sat down on the couch. “Woohyun. I know that I should not have... I'm sorry.” Woohyun stayed silent which got Dongwoo exasperated. “Yah! Woohyun ah! Hyung has apologised! I am certain he has his reason for doing so. Are you going to continue to be like this?” Howon and Sungjong peeped from behind the kitchen door and held their breaths. Woohyun was aware that he had been unreasonably emotional after that. Just then, they heard some footsteps near the door. “It is not Sunggyu shi's fault. It was me who told him not to let you know.” Woohyun was almost glad that he heard the familiar calm voice again. He shot up to where the firm voice came from. There she was, in a washed denim blouse with hair tied up. Sungyeol and Myungsoo were behind her as they had met in the garden a minute ago. Dongwoo and Howon's jaws dropped when they saw her. Sungjong crawled out from the kitchen door and put his hand over his mouth. “You look exactly the same!” The youngest one went up to her and she smiled at him. At that moment, Woohyun could not take his eyes off the mesmerizing smile.

 

Woohyun was alone in his apartment as he had kicked Sungyeol off to his class after the tall guy tried to skip lessons. He was now with sudden hunger pangs and went to the kitchen to prepare food. He felt like killing Sungyeol when he opened the fridge. The fridge was wiped empty with only a packet of milk. Woohyun was left with no other option but to head out to get some food. Woohyun looked up to the sky which was clouded to a grey shade and started drizzling with occasional chilly wind. He pulled up his hoodie, hugged his small bag of purchase and making quick steps with head bent down to avoid the sparse raindrops. Just when he was taking shelter at one of the shops along the street, he saw the twin sister. She was fumbling with her umbrella and packs of flowers. Without second thoughts, he lunged forward and reached out for the packs. “Let me help you with this.” Woohyun said lowly and the girl was surprised to see him. All the packs of flowers were already in his arms together with the grocery bag and she could see his hoodie covered with drops of water. She moved her umbrella to shield him and took over his grocery bag. Noted that the twin sister's back and right shoulder were uncovered from the rain, Woohyun protested. “Yah! Cover yourself with the umbrella too!” But she refused. “Keep going! I am late for my delivery! Keep the flowers under the umbrella!” Woohyun was mad for a second that the flowers were more important than themselves. Both of them rushed under the drizzle and reached the crowded shop. They needed to squeeze into the small area, shoulders rubbing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter