Destiny-10

(You are my) Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Mi-yeon will follow me to London after this term break. Her grades are good enough for the prestigious high school there...” Minyeon overheard the conversation between her dad and granny. The twins' father had returned for a short break from his overseas job. Though Minyeon was still persistent in her cold war with everyone but she had soften her stand. She knew her laziness would not earn her a place in London schools but nevertheless, for the first time she was not jealous about her sister being able to study overseas. She was genuinely happy for her sister.

 

When the school bell rang, she saw her elder sister in hurried footsteps along the other side of the school’s corridor at the far end. The younger twin was puzzled where her elder sister was heading to as she would not miss any lessons unless she was sick. “Minyeon! Why are you standing there? We are going to be late for class!” Minyeon's classmates pulled her away. She felt uneasy the whole time while having lessons. “Shall we go grab ice cream now?” School had finally ended for the day and Minyeon flung the bag over her shoulder. “I can't today!” For the first time during her cold war, she rushed out of the classroom to look for her sister. She was very jumpy as she could not find her elder twin in her class, canteen or even places that she thought she might hang out in. She checked with her sister's classmates and they did not know where she was. When Minyeon was leaving the group to hurry her way to search for her sister, she knocked onto someone. “Minyeon? I heard you were not feeling well. Are you all right now?” Minyeon tilted her head in confusion and the classmate continued. “A guy named Taecyeon informed Mi-yeon that you are sick and wants her company. She left before her class starts to look for you.”

 

Minyeon stood at the corner of the hospital room with warm tears staining her cheeks. Her sister was rescued from the locked storeroom located at an isolated area of the school in ground floor. The room was caught with fire and by the time Mi-yeon was discovered, she was unconscious and had inhaled a large amount of fuming smoke. Minyeon blamed herself. She was responsible for Taecyeon's action because she was the mastermind that had manipulated the guy's mind with her insensible and stupid outburst of emotions that day. She did not know that Taecyeon had took her words seriously and planned a prank on her sister to disappear for a day by locking her in the secluded storeroom with the intention to let her out the next day. However, an unforeseen fire broke out while Mi-yeon attempted to light up the dark room due to fused electricity with a candle and lighter found in the room. Taecyeon was questioned but did not spill Minyeon's name and took the blame, earning him an expulsion and his family moved away. Minyeon confessed at home and was scolded harshly by her father who had rushed back. Granny did not say anything and shielded Minyeon when the father had wanted to slap her. “It is my fault that it turned out this way! Do not blame Minyeon. It is all my fault!” The old lady hugged her younger granddaughter tightly and cried. When the doctor called the family in, granny nearly fainted. Minyeon held on to the old lady and bawled her eyes out. “Mi-yeon had been straining her vocal cords after long term yelling and the fumes choked her. is now in a terrible state and I am sorry to inform you that her voice is very much affected and she may not be able to speak normally anymore.” Mi-yeon sobbed and wanted to yell out loud but all she heard was an extremely hoarse and coarse short yelp and nothing came out after that. The guilty Minyeon kept apologising and dared not look up but stayed and sat at a corner. When Mi-yeon finally calmed down, she signalled Minyeon to come closer. Minyeon walked to her bedside and knelt down with tears. She blamed, cursed, slapped herself hard but all these could not redeem the guilt in her. Although the elder twin stopped her from doing so, Minyeon could not level her eyes to meet her wounded sister. Mi-yeon expressed that she forgave her but subconsciously, she was very upset about her condition and still put up a strong front.

 

After Mi-yeon was discharged, she was transferred to a special school for impaired students. Minyeon often skipped school to accompany Mi-yeon as granny was too busy with her gardening work that she did not keep track on Minyeon's school conduct. Mi-yeon expected her younger sister to keep her company as she felt that she deserved the attention. Thus, Minyeon's grades dropped tremendously and her attendance was in question too. It came to a point where the father decided to send her to the school in London that was originally planned for Mi-yeon. Minyeon remembered she was separated forcefully by her father and both si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter