Destiny-14

(You are my) Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

3 years ago, Mi-yeon bumped onto Taecyeon while he had returned for a short holiday with his parents. Taecyeon recognised her immediately and realised she was the sister whom he had made her suffer. “I am so sorry. Please forgive me! If there is anything that I can help. Please let me know!” Mi-yeon was not angry with him and did not need his help too. They parted ways with Taecyeon insistent of getting her contact number. She did not know how to reject and gave in. The second time they met was when Taecyeon pleaded Mi-yeon to meet him to make up his guilt to her. Mi-yeon turned up reluctantly after her delivery schedules. It was that evening where Mi-yeon supposed to visit Woohyun’s apartment but she was held up by Taecyeon. Mi-yeon decided to send a text to Woohyun informing that she might be late. Before she could type on the first word, she received a message from her sister reminding her date with Woohyun. She was suddenly pissed with it. Mi-yeon knew that her little sister had fallen for Woohyun. It also made Mi-yeon realised that her younger sister had been in guilt and also loved her so much that she was forsaking any happiness for her. However, she observed her sister increased smiles and shiny eyes after Woohyun crossed their paths. She had seen her gleeful expressions while reading the messages from the guy and the way her orbs glowed just the mention of his name during the moments she shared with what had happened on the dates that she went on behalf as Mi-yeon so that her sister would not be confused on her next date with Woohyun. Mi-yeon was well aware too that Woohyun had always thought and regarded her as Minyeon, her younger sister and not once, of her. Mi-yeon was disappointed. Even though she knew that Woohyun did not know about their twins’ identity and thought he was only seeing one girl, but she yearned for Woohyun’s love too and had silently accepted her little sister’s help to disguise as her and made Woohyun believed that he was in love with the handicapped sister. Mi-yeon’s was disheartened at every meeting she had with Woohyun. The meetup always did not turn out well and she often noticed the doubting gaze from the guy as if she was a changed person. But Mi-yeon was in self-denial and thought Woohyun would accept the real her after Minyeon returned to her studies again. For a short moment, she was angry with Woohyun and a brewing jealousy towards Minyeon that she was unaware of. She had the idea that with her sister’s absence, it could built up her confidence and to present her real self to Woohyun and perhaps the guy would love her as Mi-yeon. After returning home, she felt tired and did not wish to face Woohyun all of a sudden. Upon seeing the situation, old granny suggested Minyeon to go on her behalf. The younger twin was in dilemma as she wanted to see Woohyun so much but could not disregard her promise to her elder sister. Granny encouraged her to go and enjoy the night with Woohyun and Minyeon agreed after some consideration. However, they did not realised that Mi-yeon had overheard their conversation while hiding behind the wall before the living hall. Though Mi-yeon was unhappy with the arrangement but she did not show any symptoms and pretended that she understood granny’s explanation of not worrying Woohyun with her absence for their date. Mi-yeon laid on her bed with grievances. She felt that granny and her younger sister were getting in her way to Woohyun.

 

In addition, the encounter with Sunggyu in the hospital had taken an abrupt turn of events. Sunggyu found out about their identities, their white lies to Woohyun and their story. Though Mi-yeon was in her bedroom resting or pretending to be asleep, she had overheard the whole conversation between Sunggyu and Minyeon outside her room. Minyeon had to fly back to London that evening since the school term had already started as she had extended her stay for another week due to helping out granny and took care of Mi-yeon who seemed troubled. After Sunggyu and Minyeon left, Mi-yeon cooped in her room for 2 days and granny chose not to disturb her to give the handicapped granddaughter some time and space to herself. She received messages from Woohyun from the phone that belonged to Minyeon who handed over the phone to her as this was the only number for Woohyun to contact from now on. Mi-yeon was sure that her younger sister was crying her heart out inside her bedroom while packing and suppressing her emotions and hurt to give up Woohyun for her sake. Mi-yeon knew very well that her little sister would give in to any requests if she sounded pleading. So Mi-yeon did it in a subtle manner. She told her little sister that she felt happy with Woohyun and asked if she could help to make Woohyun fell for her; she asked if her baby sister could go on dates on her behalf when she did not feel like going out; she told her sister that it was upsetting when Woohyun treated her as “Minyeon” and wondered when she could walk out of the shadow and led to asking if her sister could return to London and never come back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter