Destiny-9

(You are my) Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Woohyun staggered his way back to his apartment. He slid down on the floor. What he heard from the owners of the flower shop racked his head. “Their names are very similar and my husband is very bad with names. They are nice girls and will respond with smiles no matter whose names my forgetful husband would call them. The girl who delivered the flowers yesterday with you is the younger sister.” The lady's husband recalled and raised his voice with realisation. “Ahh.....I always got their names wrong! Younger sister... Minyeon! I remembered! She is Minyeon...” Woohyun could no longer hear any more and walked away while the flower shop spouses were still bickering. His face had turned pale with trembling lips. “Woohyunnie? Why are you sitting at the door?” Sungyeol knelt down and checked his body with a worried face. “Are you all right? Don't sit here. Let's go inside the house.” He pulled the limp Woohyun up and led him to sit on the couch. “Hyunnie? What happened?” The tall guy was really anxious and placed the back of his palm on Woohyun's forehead to check for any fever. He noticed the dead eyes and grew exasperated and squeezed the shoulders of his friend. “Woohyun!” The blank faced turned to his worried friend. “Sungyeol ah...” The said friend waited. “Yeol ah... What if Minyeon is not dead?”

 

Sungyeol stormed into granny's place with a quiet Woohyun behind him. The tensed old lady looked over the tall guy's shoulder to find Woohyun with head hanging lowly. “Granny. Where is Mi---yeon.” Granny drifted her gaze back to Sungyeol and stammered. “Mi-yeon?” She averted her eyes to the door when her granddaughter appeared. “Looking for me?” She was a little taken aback when she saw the accusing eyes of Sungyeol and Woohyun's pale look. “Mi-yeon shii.” The girl was uneasy with the sudden formal greeting. “Are you really Mi-yeon shii?” Sungyeol sounded intimidating. The girl gave a slight nod and replied softly. “Yes.” She gestured to her granny to go back to her room but Sungyeol prevented it. “Granny. Please stay.” He gave the twin sister a challenging look. “So you are really Mi-yeon shii?” The girl dropped her shoulders and casted her glance at the serious guy. “Sungyeol shii why do you keep asking the same question. I had already introduced myself as Mi-yeon.” “Prove it.” The girl's round orbs flickered. She was about to speak up when Woohyun suddenly appeared in front of her and grabbed her shoulders. She could see was a glint with longing eyes staring back at her.

 

“Tell me... Who are you exactly??”

 

The twins' mother passed away after they turned 5 years old. Their upset father left the girls in his mother's care and took up an overseas job posting. Since then, the girls were brought up by their granny. Mi-yeon was a caring and quiet kid whereas Minyeon was the cheery one. Whenever Minyeon got into trouble, Mi-yeon would try to take over the blame for her little sister. In school, the twins were in different classes. Mi-yeon was a hardworking student who studied doubly hard and stayed attentive in class. On the other hand, Minyeon was the smarter one but did not like to put in much efforts in her studies and loves to join school activities. The old lady noticed it and showered more concern to the slow learning but diligent Mi-yeon. Little Minyeon always complained that granny did not care for her as much as she did to Mi-yeon. Nonetheless, Minyeon loved her elder sister and would not let anyone bully her. Once Minyeon got into a fight with the school bullies while trying to help her sister. Their granny punished her when she refused to say what happened in school as Mi-yeon begged her not to disclose. Mi-yeon felt guilty while nursing her sister's scratches from the fight and the red marks from the old lady's caning. “Yeon ah...I am sorry that you have to keep mum about the incident.” Mi-yeon knew that their granny was protective towards her and theref

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter