Destiny-3

(You are my) Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 years ago…

It was Woohyun's term break from college and he was on his way to meet the guys for a late breakfast. While walking pass a florist shop with reflective glass, he began checking himself out. He was about to walk off when he noticed a bright smile. A girl with a ponytail in pastel blue top was grinning gleefully to the lady boss in the shop. He leaned on the wall near the shop, pretending to wait for his friend and peeped through the glass panel. “See you this Saturday, same time and bring more pretty pink roses for us!” The lady boss of the flower shop called out and waved at the girl. The girl flashed her warm smile and nodded her head before waving to the boss. Woohyun was captivated by her smile. His eyes followed her till she disappeared from the corner of the street. His hand moved to his heart, feeling the fast beats.

“Yah! Why are you standing here, grinning away like a fool?” Dongwoo appeared in front of him. Woohyun looked at his friend with dreamy eyes. “Dongwoonie...Do you believe in Destiny?!”

Woohyun can't wait for Saturday to come. He had been looking forward to see her since Wednesday when he first met her. “See you this Saturday, same time...” Yes, he heard it from the lady boss, loud and clear. As he approached closer to the florist shop, his heart started thumping. He had been practising what to say and how to react charmingly to her. When he spotted the girl with the ponytail, he was thrilled. Her smile melted his heart. She was pushing the trolley while coming out from the shop when she stepped on some pebbles which slipped under her foot. Woohyun was fast. Without second thoughts, he dashed straight to her and stretched his left hand to grab her wrist and held her back with his strong right arm. His right leg bended to support her waist on his thigh, preventing her to hit on the ground. They were looking at each other’s eyes. His concern eyes were on her who stared back at him, confused. A bang was heard as the trolley had rolled on and bumped onto the street lamp post. She immediately pulled herself up to break free from his hold. “What happened?” The lady boss from the florist shop came out and scrutinized the young guy who had the girl in his arms a few seconds ago. “She...she is...I...I...I was trying to stop...help...her from fall..ing...” Woohyun began to stutter. The lady boss eyed him suspiciously. She noticed the trolley at the lamp post and turned back to check on the girl, “Are you all right?” The girl nodded at the lady boss before turning to bow at Woohyun to express her thanks and rushed over to pick up the trolley. The sun shed its beams on her fair face, now glowing with a hinge of redness on her cheeks. Her eyes sparkled when she flashed her smile at him. Woohyun's legs nearly turned jelly and he took a little step backwards and placed his hand on the wall to get his grip. “Oh god! She is so beautiful!” His mind was in a blank and he stood still staring at her. “Hey young man! It is rude to stare at a girl like that!!” The lady boss getting impatient with the boy as she stepped forward blocking the girl's view from Woohyun. Woohyun regained his poise and bowed at the lady boss. “I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be rude with the staring.” He gave an awkward smile and rubbed the back of his neck. The boss shook her head disapprovingly and gestured him to move aside from her shop's door. Woohyun noticed that the girl was giggling quietly. “Minyeon ah, be careful of strangers! I'll see you again next Wednesday, same time!” The girl waved in response to the lady boss. She nodded slightly when Woohyun came into her view and gave a small smile before turning away and sprint down the streets. Woohyun still standing outside the shop, his eyes fixed on her but his legs not moving. He snapped out from his stupor after a few good moments and quickened his pace along the street where she was just now but she's gone. He had missed his chance to get to know her! He face palmed with disappointment. This was not what he had anticipated and worse still, she must be thinking that he's a weird one or whatsoever! “That's it! First impression counts... and I'm ruined!” A supposedly hero-saving-beauty act had led him to be a weird and up-to-no-good stranger on the street. He lost his high-spirited mood for the day.

“Woohyun was startled to see his 6 buddies crowding at his room door. “Why are all of you here?” He took off his earphones and paused his game. “Woohyun ah...why did you hang up the call on me??” Dongwoo looked at his phone, sadly. Sunggyu blasted. “NAM WOOHYUN! We were worried sick about what happened to you and here you are, in your room, listen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter