Hello Summer 1

Red Flowers Look Better In Winter

It has been a week since Himchan had started working alongside Yongguk in the creative department of a shopping centre. While it was stressful and filled with tension there were a few things that Yongguk had learned about Himchan through his co-workers. First, it seemed that Himchan's father was already a well respected man after building three successful hotels and two holiday resorts. It was quite impressive indeed compared to the silent Himchan, his father was very charismatic. Although Yongguk had only met him once, the man had such an aura that it made him impossible to forget. Second, Himchan rarely spoke making people think that he was just extremely shy. The only time he did speak was when he was greeting others or giving in finished reports and ideas to pitch to buyers. His eye for detail is something to envy, however he needs to get that confidence up Yongguk thought as he tapped away at his keyboard. Last, it would seem that Himchan was rarely in his office during his work hours. Many thought that he was slacking, just because he was rich he was being treated differently. Others thought that he actually had a girlfriend or partner he was meeting outside.

While it was interesting to learn new things about the people he was working with, Yongguk just wanted to focus on getting the work done. However it was becoming nearly impossible. The office was becoming busier everyday with employees that weren't normally in, attending work in order to greet Himchan I wish they would pay more attention to work Yongguk began to tut before tapping away at his keyboard again. I'm starting to sound like CEO now Yongguk laughed a little before someone began knocking his door. Yongguk straightened himself in his chair before clearing his throat. 

"Yes, yes! Come in!" Himchan pushed the door open at Yongguk's words. He walked over to the desk before placing a file on Yongguk's desk. Yongguk opened the file and began checking through. Himchan didn't say anything. The atmosphere around them was thick with tension, it was unfriendly and uncomfortable. Yongguk wanted to at least start a conversation with Himchan so he turned to a specific page in the file.

"Listen… tell me your opinion on this deal… we're partners so I at least need you to say something" Himchan looked at the part that Yongguk was showing him. He leaned forward until there was only a centimetre between his nose and the page. Himchan began squinting as if he couldn't see before looking over the file at Yongguk. 

"It's fine" Himchan's expression was as empty as it had been on the first day they met. Yongguk felt a slight feeling of anger creeping into him but he kept his cool and spoke again.

"Are you sure those are your honest feelings?" Yongguk got up from his chair and walked around the table to lean against the front of the table. Himchan nodded as he pierced holes through Yongguk.

"Are you sure?!" Yongguk raised his voice a little "Because I could have sworn this is the incorrect copy of the project idea! This is a first draft that we were told to correct!" Yongguk's voice had an authoritative tone in it as he looked at Himchan but Himchan had no reaction. Yongguk only saw his Adam's apple pulse up and down once. 

"I did correct it…" Himchan's expression didn't change again but there was a slight tone of confidence to his voice which didn't impress Yongguk.

"Where would that be?! This all read exactly the same to me!" Yongguk held up the file to Himchan who once again leaned forward, close enough to the paper so that his nose almost touched it. He subtly moved him arm before extending his finger and pointing to a specific part in the proposal. 

"There." Yongguk spun the file around before quickly reading through the page once more. Himchan was right, he had corrected the entire proposal simply by changing a few lines of the agreement. Yongguk looked up again. Himchan was staring at him with no expression. Maybe he wants to laugh at me right now…

"Are we finished? I have somewhere I need to be…" Himchan spoke with an authoritative tone this time. Yongguk sighed and threw the file behind him onto the desk. He nodded his head and sighed.

"Sorry, you can go…" Himchan nodded and left Yongguk's office. 

Yongguk walked around his desk and sank into his chair ! I'm such an idiot! Yongguk covered his face with both of his hands before violently rubbing his face and hair to calm himself down. I'll go and get some coffee, that'll help calm me down… Yongguk left his office with his messy appearance. 

"You should take care of yourself more or you'll never find a wife!" one of his co-workers laughed as he patted Yongguk on the back. Yongguk laughed weakly before continuing to walk with his co-worker. While it was fun to make friends at his job, Yongguk preferred to eat alone so he waved goodbye to his friend before leaving the shopping center. Yongguk began walking down a small opening between the shops, to his safe haven. He entered to a familiar sweet smell filling the room. If he could, he wanted to create a place like the cafe he loved. A place to feel loved. 

"The usual again today?" an employee asked as Yongguk approached the counter.

"Um yes, thank you! Put in an extra bit of sugar today though! I'm out of energy" 

"Really… that's a shame! You're looking a little pale today. I hope your day gets better"

"Thank you, I hope something good happens for you as well" Yongguk picked up his coffee and paid before going to sit down. As usual he picked the window seat. Fresh sunlight always filtered in from that spot making it the best on summer and winter. 

Yongguk sat and sipped his coffee slowly, watching as people walked by with their shopping bags. He smiled to himself how carefree he thought as he took another sip. As he looked up he noticed a familiar figure in the cafe across from him. Just like the one he loved, the other cafe had it's door in a small opening between shops. Many people found this a hassle which is why the cafe's weren't frequented probably that was the architects intention Yongguk thought as he studied the figure again. He noticed the figure storming out of the cafe and another figure running after him. The other figure grabbed the collar of the familiar figures shirt before his hands were pushed away. After that he pushed the man twice. Arguing in broad daylight?! Pffft they're like a… like… they're like a couple! Yongguk smiled as sipped his coffee but a feeling of concern ran into his mind I hope their argument isn't serious…

The familiar figure said a few choice words, Yongguk guessed this from his partners reaction. A slap on the cheek, however the other didn't react at all. He straightened his shirt and began to leave the opening. He began crossing the street as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed a number. The man looked up as he put the phone to his ear. Ah! Ah! Wait- that's… Yongguk raised his finger to point at the figure who he had finally recognized. Kim Himchan?! Arguing on the street with his boyfriend?! A small smirk appeared on Yongguk's face as Himchan recognized him, sitting by the window in his favorite cafe.