Hello Summer 6

Red Flowers Look Better In Winter

Yongguk hadn't gone to work for the rest of the week, not because he was sick but because he was stuck in a train of thought which brought on a progressive migraine. He tossed and turned in bed for 3 days and dragged himself up to get warm tea. 3 days ago I was too caught up with Himchan... Yongguk thought as he stood in his kitchen, waiting for the kettle to boil. A loud knock pulled him away from his thoughts as he moved slowly towards the front door.

"Hello?" his voice was weak and his head was throbbing.

"It's me..." Yongguk opened the door and Himchan walked past him. Himchan had been visiting Yongguk for three days. Bringing his work over and telling him what he needed to catch up on. Even thought Yongguk knew that Himchan could have left it all until he came back, he was glad that it was Himchan who came over.

"What is there for me today?" Yongguk tried to crack a smile as he followed Himchan into his living room where Himchan made himself comfotable and placed his bag on the small glass coffee table. Yongguk wrapped himself in a blanket on the sofa and sat beside Himchan.

"There's nothing today... just came to keep you company" Himchan opened his bag and pulled two packets of instant noodles. "You've been drinking tea since you got ill... maybe you need some solids?" Yongguk was amused at Himchan's somewhat change in personality as he watched him read the ingredients on the packets. Yongguk watched Himchan run his finger over the packet and mouth the words to himself his lips... I want to kiss his - Yongguk shook his head. It was apparent that he was forming some sort of attachment to Himchan but he didn't know if it was just because he was being kind or if he just liked the attention. Yongguk watched him stand up and he left the room. Yongguk got up as well and followed him. 

"Is this water boiled?" Himchan asked as he walked into the kitchen and towards the kettle. Yongguk nodded as he watched Himchan begin searching through his cupboards. He pulled out a small pot and poured the boiling water into it. 

"I don't want to wait for the water to boil" Himchan lit the stove. Yongguk watched him empty the packets contents into the boiling water and watched as Himchan used his teeth to rip open sachets of seasoning. All the while he couldn't stop watching different parts of his body. First his hands, then his lips and then his hips. The scene of having someone in his home was all to familiar but so distant. 

"Are you listening?" Yongguk looked up and was almost startled when Himchan's face was not his own but one of a distant memory before he repeated himself "are you listening?" Yongguk stepped back slightly as he focused himself again "where's your forks?" Yongguk ponted to drawer and then watched Himchan swiftly move towards it and back to the stove. He watched him mix the noodles then take a few out. Yongguk admired his lips as he blew the heat away and put the fork into his mouth. He watched it slide out.

"Do you wanna taste too? You must be hungry!" Himchan turned off the stove and handed Yongguk a piece of wooden board "put that on the table" Yongguk nodded as he quickly shuffled out of the kitchen and back into the living room where he placed down the wooden board. Then Himchan came in behind him carrying the pot and then placing it down on top of the wooden board. 

"It's tastier when you eat it like this" Himchan sat on the floor and loosed his tie and then his top button. Yongguk took a small glance at the clear skin which teased his eyes. "Eat then..." Himchan pushed a fork into Yongguk's hand and then began eating. Yongguk ate too, he reached for the TV remote and began flicking through channels before they ended watching a horror movie. Yongguk tried to eat but was so into the film that he allowed his half of the noodles to become cold and he no longer wanted them. He dropped his fork into the pot. 

"Can I get a drink?"

"Sure... help yourself..."
Yongguks eyes were glued to the TV but he heard Himchan pick up the pot and leave the living room. 

Yongguk heard Himchan come back into the living room and sit down beside him. He then saw a hand stretch across and blue mug with white polka dots being placed in front of him on the table. Yongguk quickly spun his body around and saw Himchan putting the green mug towards his lips, his mind went blank. He tried the snatch the mug out of Himchan's hands but it slipped his grip and smashed against the table before hitting the floor and breaking. Yongguk stared at the mug. Then he looked at Himchan.

"You didn't have any normal drinking glasses..." Yongguk looked back at the mug and smashed his fists into the broken pieces "Wait - what are you-" Youngguk smacked away Himchan's reaching arms.

"Get out" Yongguk's breathing was heavy but he could only look at the smashed mug. He couldn't look at Himchan, he knew he was wrong but he couldn't stop himself and he swung his arm and smacked his blue mug off the table and onto the floor "GET OUT!" he took care of me! What am I doing?! Yongguk watched Himchan's feet as he got up and picked up his bag. He watched him leave the room and then waited for the front door to close before he relaxed his shoulders. He looked at the mess before he got up to get a broom. 

He walked into the kitchen and saw that Himchan had washed up for him. Yongguk's guilt consumed his thoughts I should call him back... or something... I wasn't fair... Yongguk ran to the front door and put on his shoes before opening the door and running out, he didn't even lock it he couldn't have gone to far... Yongguk kept running until the wind had made his lips dry and he was sweating the seasons are changing... Yongguk looked around as he got to the bottom of his street and he saw Himchan walking into the convenience store that he coincidentally saw Himchan in three days ago. He ran again until he grabbed onto Himchan's coat. He stopped and put his free hand on his knee as he tried to regain his breath. It was heavy, Yongguk felt as if he was going to be sick until he finally coughed out his words.

"I'm... sorry - I'm - really - really - sorry" Yongguk raised his head to look at Himchan and then straightened his posture. Himchan only scoffed. 

"I don't care... and also... don't touch me" Yongguk quickly let go of Himchan's sleeve. He saw that Himchan had regained his cold composure. I was getting somewhere... Himchan continued down the isle and Yongguk followed. 

"What do you want?" 

"I don't know" Himchan picked up two cans of coffee and then moved towards the checkouts.

"I'm going to see a friend, so go home" He paid for his can and walked out of the store.

"You mean... that guy from before..." Yongguk didn't know why he was enquiring but there was a sudden rushing feeling in his stomach. As if someone had begun lightly running their fingers over his skin and he couldn't make them stop. He swallowed his spit while he waited for Himchan to respond. 

"Yeah... so?" a cold response... Yongguk thought.

"Can I come?" Yongguk watched as Himchan turned away from him to begin his walk.

"No... go home" Yongguk stopped trying to catch up with Himchan and watched him walk away instead. He didn't know why he had the tendency to follow Himchan, he was just drawn to him. He turned around and made his way home. He wanted to explain himself but even then, he didn't know what he would say. Yongguk kicked stones until he finally got to his front door and pushed it open. Yongguk stepped inside and closed the door behind him. He took off his shoes and as he was about to walk into the living room a head popped around the door which made him jump back.

"You're just the same! Not locking your door!" Yongguk couldn't get his words out as he stared into the person's eyes.