Hello Summer 4

Red Flowers Look Better In Winter

Himchan pulled up in front of a hotel, it was illuminated by crystal white lights reflecting off pillars which shone in Yongguk's eyes as he struggles to keep them open. He stretched as he got out the car and watched Himchan get out as well.

 

"Let's go in now" Yongguk yawned as he walked towards the entrance. Himchan quickly put his hand on Yongguk's shoulder.

 

"Actually… I'm not staying here. I'm just dropping you off" Yongguk turned around to face Himchan whose face was plastered with a blank expression.

 

"You're not coming?" Yongguk was confused because Himchan said he didn't live in the area. 

 

"No… my friend lives nearby… I'll be going there" Himchan looked up at the hotel and then back Yongguk. Yongguk cleared his throat and straightened his coat before looking at Himchan again. 

 

"Come back here tomorrow and pick me up" Yongguk's voice was stern, at some point he had to remember that he was also Himchan's superior and being friends came second to that. Himchan nodded and got back into his car, Yongguk watched as he drove off before walking into the hotel and going to the front desk. 

 

The hotel had a white marble floor with a small fountain in the middle. Mirrors filled the space on the ceiling and the elevators were clear glass. This place is gorgeous… Yongguk thought as he looked around before talking to the woman at the desk.

 

"Can I have a room please?"

 

"Room for two?"

 

"No, isn't it obvious I'm alone…" 

 

"I'm sorry. I thought Mr Kim would be coming in with you…"

 

"Mr Kim?"

 

"Yes sir. Anyway, here is your key card. Enjoy your stay" the woman handed Yongguk a small golden card while smiling. Yongguk took the card and smiled back before walking to an elevator and getting on. 

 

When he got to his room it was clean and refreshing. With white bed sheets and dark blue curtains. The bathroom had a small tub with a shower opposite, to fill up the unwanted empty space. There was a TV on the wall opposite his bed. It's comfortable… Yongguk thought as he took his shoes off hm, Mr Kim… weird… Yongguk shrugged before he jumped onto the bed and pulled his phone out. He opened his phonebook and stared at it for a short while. He swiped his finger over the first name in his contacts a few times before locking his phone and then opening it again. 

 

When he got drunk, there was a lot of memories that always flooded back to him. How long has it been? A year? Yeah, it's been a year… Yongguk continued looking at his phone and pressing against the name he wanted to call you won't pick up will you? I know you won't. Yongguk locked his phone again and stared at the ceiling for a short while before finally shutting his eyes.

 

*  *  *  *  *       

 

The next morning Yongguk woke up with the sun burning his eyes as he had forgotten to close the curtains. He quickly got up and shut them before getting back into the bed. He smiled so comfortable… he thought as he picked up his phone to check the time I wonder when Himchan will come… Yongguk then saw a message pop up on his phone. For a moment his heart stopped beating as his hands began to sweat. He began shaking a little as the pace of his heart resumed but seemed to be getting a little faster. He hesitated before opening the message but then decided he had no choice.

 

"What are you talking about? :'D" 

 

Yongguk looked at the gibberish he had sent during the night and smiled, you're happy? Good… He quickly sent a message back:

 

"Nothing. Sorry!" 

 

Yongguk quickly put his phone down before sitting up and stretching, damn, I slept in my clothes… Yongguk got up and walked to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth before heading down to the hotel restaurant. Yongguk left his room and went down to the ground floor in the elevator before walking up to the front desk.

 

"Hello. Can you tell me when a Mr. Kim Himchan gets here for me?" he pointed at the door as he looked at the woman.

 

"He's already in the hotel sir. Would you like me to call him down for you?" Yongguk shook his head. 

 

"No, no… but can you tell me which room he's in?"

 

"Erm…." the woman tapped on her keyboard for a few seconds before speaking again "room 1506 sir. Would you like me to tell him that you're here?" Yongguk shook his head again.

 

"No thank you. Just tell him I'll be waiting for him…" Yongguk smiled and began walking to the restaurant. 

 

Once he got there, he waited for a short while before being seated. 

 

"Would you like to order now sir?" 

 

"Erm yeah…" Yongguk sat down and and began looking at the menu before putting it down again "I'll just have an espresso" the waiter nodded before walking away.

 

Yongguk looked around, the restaurant was practically empty don't people eat breakfast?! Yongguk smiled to himself before the waiter came back to him with a small white cup on a white saucer. Yongguk thanked the waiter before taking a sip. Bitter… doesn't taste the same at all… Yongguk put his cup down before feeling his pockets I've left my phone in the room. Yongguk quickly gulped down his coffee before getting up to go back to his room. As he stood at the elevator the doors opened and he caught sight of Himchan standing there. 

 

"Oh… I was told to come down for you" 

 

"I thought you weren't staying here…" 

 

"I didn't. I had some business to take care of here… Are you ready?

 

"I have to get my phone first. I'll be back down in a minute" Yongguk quickly got into the elevator.

 

He looked down at the floor as the doors closed this feels weird he thought as he ruffled his hair and put his other hand in his pocket to find his room key. This feels really weird Yongguk got out of the elevator and ran through the corridor to get to his room. He stood at the door as he tried to push his key card into the lock no, no, there's definitely a weird feeling about this. Yongguk went inside and grabbed his phone off the bed before looking around again to make sure he didn't leave anything. 

 

He left his room and slowly made his way back to the hotel lobby. He put his hands in his pockets and stared at his reflection. Finally he got to the ground floor and stepped out, when he looked out he saw Himchan standing by the front desk. But he wasn't alone.

 

A man who was much shorter than Himchan, held onto the sleeve of his coat. They weren't talking but Himchan's face gave no expression. Instead he just looked down at the other man who was staring at his shoes. The man let go of Himchan's coat before walking past him and leaving the hotel. Yongguk walked up to Himchan.

 

"What was that?" Yongguk asked as he was walking towards Himchan. Himchan quickly looked up at him. It wasn't a glare but something absent.

 

"Nothing. Check out, work starts in an hour" Himchan turned away and pointed to the woman behind the desk who had on her brightest fake smile. 

 

"I'm gonna go home for today. I'll call in sick…" Yongguk shook his head as he beckoned for Himchan to go without him.

 

"Okay" Himchan turned away and began walking to the exit of the hotel.

 

"Thanks for helping me!" Yongguk quickly grabbed Himchan's arm. He felt as if even though they had spent an amount of time together, the gap between them had only gotten further. Himchan quickly shook Yongguk off. 

 

"Okay" Himchan spoke quietly as he held the arm that Yongguk grabbed. Yongguk didn't know how to react except apologize and let Himchan walk away.