Hello Summer 3

Red Flowers Look Better In Winter

Why am I so nervous Yongguk thought maybe it's because I cornered him in the toilet. That wasn't cool at all. Yongguk straightened himself and looked in the mirror before leaving the toilet. Before beginning his journey out of the shopping centre. Even though he knew he was going to meet up with Himchan, he didn't feel that confident. They had been colleagues for some time but still hadn't created any sort of bond. It's not like me to not get along with all my co-workers Yongguk scratched his forehead lightly so I'm only inviting him out for selfish reasons. Yongguk let out a deep sigh as he stood on an escalator, he closed his eyes briefly to relax himself before getting off the escalator and walking towards the railing above all the other floors. The drop was sickeningly high but relaxing as well Yongguk thought as he looked below him, letting a light breeze caress his cheeks. Yongguk sighed again before letting go of the railing and walking to get onto the next escalator. 

 

As Yongguk made his way down, there was an overwhelming feeling of nervousness accompanied by a tinge of excitement. It was normal for him to want to get closer to his co-workers since they'd be spending much time together and that is how Yongguk characterized his feelings. He was excited about getting to know his co-worker better. As the shopping centre was closing, Yongguk made his way outside and began waiting for Himchan. Do I seem eager… Yongguk thought as he rubbed his hands together as he waited for Himchan outside. Yongguk stood for a short while before he heard a car pulling up in front of the shopping centre. The windows rolled down and Himchan gestured for Yongguk to get in. 

 

"Is there somewhere you want to go?" Himchan asked as he began concentrating on the road.

 

"Actually, my friend owns a bar so we can go there…" other than those few exchanged words there was nothing more to talk about between them. Yongguk played with his fingers as he searched for different topics to bring up. 

 

"So far… how do you like the job?" Yongguk cleared his throat after he spoke. He pulled in his shirt collar a little as the tense atmosphere made him sweat a little. 

 

"It's fine" Himchan didn't take his eyes off the road "Which way shall I go?"

 

"Oh just go up that street. We'll have to get out and walk a little though…" Yongguk cleared his throat again, his palms were sweating a little as he began rubbing his hands together. 

 

Himchan pulled into a parking lot and parked before searching for some change to buy a ticket. 

 

"Wait here" Himchan said as he got out to put money in the parking metre. Yongguk watched him do a short job out of the car before beginning to walk. Yongguk thought that it was weird that he had nothing to talk about but at the same time they had never really talked about anything except work. He watched Himchan walk towards the car and knock on the window. Yongguk got out and Himchan locked his car. Yongguk joined Himchan on the pavement and they began to walk together in silence. Yongguk lead the way down a dimly lit alley which was filled with small buildings. The bar that his friend owned had a modern look outside with its grey bricks and velvet red sign hanging from the door. But when inside there was a comfortable homely feeling with a fireplace lit and wooden chairs and tables. The chairs had red cushions with a yellow pattern across them and at the bar stood high stools with blue cushioned seats and red patchwork diamonds. Yongguk lead Himchan to the bar to sit down.  

 

"Oscar!" Yongguk called out. A man popped his head out of a room behind the bar and began smiling. He walked out of the room laughing as he was cleaning a glass cup. 

 

"You haven't been here in so long! We've missed you!" Oscar leaned forward and so did Yongguk. He kissed Yongguk cheeks before pulling back and looking at Himchan who was beginning to sit down. He studied him for a short moment before looking back at Yongguk.

 

"Who's this one?! Not the usual ty-" Yongguk quickly leaned forward and put his hand over Oscar's mouth to stop him from finishing his sentence. He could feel his cheeks burning a bright red. 

 

"We are just colleagues!" Yongguk quickly said before relaxing and removing his hand from Oscar's mouth. Yongguk looked at Himchan who's eyes widened at the spectacle. 

 

"That's a new side of you…" Himchan placed his elbow on the bar before resting his chin in the palm of his hand. He didn't smile, there wasn't really any kind of reaction from him he didn't catch on then Yongguk released a sigh of relief before ordering a drink for Himchan and himself. Oscar laughed before preparing their drinks and serving them. Yongguk took a quick sip before looking at Himchan who was playing with his glass. 

 

"Aren't you going to drink?" Yongguk gulped down his drink before asking Oscar for another.

 

"I don't drink…" Himchan stared at the glass as he continued playing with it. 

 

"Is that so? Then you should have said!" Yongguk took another shot and ordered another before looking at Himchan again "order something else then…" Himchan looked at Yongguk before ordering an orange juice and sipping it slowly. Yongguk saw Himchan watching him out of the corner of his eye as he took another shot and ordered another we came here to drink! So I'll drink for the both of us! Yongguk thought as he took another shot. 

 

"Do you talk to the other employees?" Yongguk tapped Himchan on the shoulder. Himchan flinched a little before looking at Yongguk.

 

"Whats the point in that?" Himchan sipped his drink again as he stared at the bottle of alcohol stacked on shelves.

 

"To build positive relationships! Especially for group work!" Yongguk took another shot. He was there to drink and have fun. Although his reasons for inviting Himchan out were selfish, he still wanted to enjoy himself. Drinking will loosen me up Yongguk thought as he ordered another.

 

"I won't be working in a group. I work best alone…" Yongguk looked at Himchan and screwed up his face before asking something new.

 

"Is it true that your father is the guy who built those hotels on Jeju Island" Himchan took a while to answer before finally sipping his drink and opening his mouth.

 

"No…" Himchan sipped his drink again and waited for Yongguk to speak again. 

 

"Is that so? You should stop rumours before they spread to far… people will think ill of you…" 

 

"I don't really care" Himchn cleared his throat before finishing his drinking and pushing his glass to the side. 

 

"Why do you always seem like you're in a bad mood?!" Yongguk elbowed Himchan's shoulder. Himchan quickly his arm forward and grabbed Yongguk by the throat.

 

"Stop touching me…" Himchan spoke in a low tone as he gritted his teeth. His face was void of expression as he stared Yongguk in the eye. There wasn't any fear in Yongguk because of what had happened but instead Himchan intrigued him more.

 

"I don't permit violence in my bar" Oscar had walked over to them and whispered. Himchan let go and looked around, so did Yongguk. Everyone had momentarily averted their gaze towards them. Yongguk cleared his throat before fixing his shirt. 

 

"I get it" Yongguk closed his eyes for a moment before ordering another shot and drinking it. 

 

"Thanks for inviting me out. But I'm gonna leave now…" Yongguk nodded as he ordered another shot "Do you want a ride home?" Yongguk nodded as he drank his last shot and paid Oscar for the drinks.

 

"Come back soon okay? And bring someone you can introduce me too!" Yongguk laughed as Oscarr patted his shoulder. Yongguk walked out of the bar behind Himchan, they remained in silence until they got into Himchans car. 

 

"Where do you need to go?" 

 

"Just to the train station…" Himchan sat back in his chair as he listened to Yongguk slur his words. 

 

"The trains aren't running anymore…" 

 

"I know… Just anyway! Take me there!" Yongguk was losing his energy as he felt his arms becoming heavier. He heard Himchan sigh before starting the car. They drove in silence, Yongguk in and out of consciousness. Each time he opened his eyes there were blurry lights and radio voices until the car came to an abrupt halt. 

 

"Here you go…" Himchan parked in front of the station before getting out and walking to open the door for Yongguk. Yongguk got out and smiled at Himchan before walking towards the station. Himchan shut the car door and followed him. 

 

"Why - why are you coming!" Yongguk felt a strain in his throat as he began speaking. Himchan shrugged his shoulders as he continued to follow Yongguk who went to sit on a bench. 

 

"I'll wait - till - till a first train is coming…" Yongguk slumped back onto the bench as he closed his eyes briefly before opening them again to see Himchan sitting on the bench as well. There was a distance between them but Yongguk smiled.

 

"I'm glad you're concerned" Yongguk laughed drunkly as he forced his eyes to stay open. Himchan shrugged and crossed his arms.

 

"I'm not concerned, I just want to pay you back for my drink. But you keep falling asleep…" Himchan cleared his throat as he pushed some money into Yongguk's pocket. Himchan got up and began walking away. Yongguk got up and ran after him, stumbling a little, Yongguk grabbed Himchan's sleeve.

 

"Are you - you really gonna leave me here?!" Himchan sighed and rubbed his forehead. 

 

"We can go to a hotel. My home isn't near here…" Himchan sighed as they both began walking towards the car. Yongguk laughed as he got in.

 

"You're talkative! Finally!" Yongguk said loudly as he watched Himchan get into the car as well. Himchan didn't say anything as they began their journey to the hotel.