Goodbye Summer 8

Red Flowers Look Better In Winter

A crisp autumn wind slapped Yongguk's face as he made his way to work early in the morning. He rubbed his hands together and blew into them as he waited for a taxi to pick him up. Two weeks since their small incident and Himchan had only been to work once, Yongguk was getting more and more worried. He went to his boss every morning and ask about Himchan but the same answer would crop up:

"Why are you so worried?"

Yongguk would always shrug and cough up some sort of excuse, it's not that work was piling up or that he was short of friends in the office. Even though the bond between them wasn't great I just miss him Yongguk thought as a small taxi pulled up in front of him.

"For Yongguk?" the taxi driver nodded and Yongguk quickly opened the door and got in before giving the driver the address and then sitting back to enjoy the crowded scenery. 

"Would you like the heating on?" 

"Yes please" Yongguk shivered a little as he clutched his coat. Yongguk stared at the small families walking too and fro even in the dull morning. He looked at the little tress, hoisted up for decoration and thought about the structures in front of him everything is structured... Yongguk was caught in his deep thoughts when he felt the taxi come to a smooth stop. 

"Thank you..." Yongguk paid the driver and stepped out of taxi in front of his shopping centre. He loved being there, he loved the people, the look and the design. At home he was so alone so the business became his family. He stepped in and took his usual journey up the escalators to admire the settings and the happy shoppers. He got to the top floor and immdiately made way to the CEO's office.

"Hello boss..." Yongguk called as he opened the doors. He saw the CEO look up from some papers and a wide grin opened on his face.

"Hey! Hey, drop the formalities! How are you this morning! I can already feel winter in the air!" CEO laughed "Anyway! I'd like you to type up and deliver the sales numbers to me! Also check stock levels and intake!" Yongguk nodded.

"Um... actually... is Himchan in today?"

"Ah! Sorry to tell you this but he's being moved to a new department... I put in his final transfer papers yesterday"

"So... he doesn't work here anymore...."

"He does! Just not here in Seoul! I had to use my Sunday to get him transferred over! It was so sudden of him! I thought he was doing well here!" the CEO huffed as he sat back in his chair and folded his arms

"That's a shame... he had... potential..." 

"I agree with you there! Actually!" 
CEO quickly got up and moved over to his desk where he began rummaging through the drawers "Here are some final files he needs to take care of! Once you're finished here, can you deliver them for me?"

"Of course boss!" Yongguk happily accepted the files as the CEO walked over to him.

"Hey!" the CEO lightly slapped Yonggu's shoulder "What did I tell you about all that formality!" Yongguk apologised and quickly left his boss' office before going to his own office and sitting down at his computer.

                                                                                         * * * * *

As Yongguk saved the file he had been working on, he sent it to his boss and then sat back in his chair. He let himself get lost in a relieving stretch as he pushed his chair back and stood up ugh! so much to do today Yongguk yawned and scratched his head before looking down at the packet of files on his desk I better get going, it's already getting dark... Yongguk pulled on his large jacket before opening the packet to check for Himchan's address. After he quickly put the file in his bag and left his office.

"Ah! Yongguk! You're leaving late too!" Yongguk nodded as he walked with his co-worker to the elevator "You should be going on dates! Find a nice girlfriend!"

"Working here?! I don't have time for a girlfriend!"

"Take some time off! Relax!" 

"I think I will sometime soon!"
the elevator stopped and Yongguk stepped out. After saying his goodbyes, he quickly ran out of the building and flagged down a taxi. As he sat in the back seat, the night fell and made the lights of the city flare up. As he got to his destination, Yongguk admired the large white and brown houses that he passed. All as if they were their own palaces. Yongguk gasped as the driver stopped in front of a large white house with iron gates and steep concrete steps. He paid the driver and got out. First he tried to push open the gates until he saw a small device on the wall beside him. 

"Um hello?"

"Who is it?"
a sleepy voice answered as Yongguk shivered in the breeze.

"It's - um - Bang Yongguk... I'm here to see Himchan" there was no answer "um... hello?"

Yongguk stood outside for a short two minutes before he saw a shadowed figure descending the steps towards the iron gate. The figure pressed a button which allowed two lights to turn on. Himchan unlocked the gate and pulled it back making way for Yongguk.

After locking the gate, they walked up the stairs together in silence. Yongguk admired the large front garden with a small fountain and a pool of rocks. He admired the sheer size of the house as it towered over him and the peach trees which stood shielded from greedy thieves by a solid wall. Himchan pushed open large dark brown oak doors to be greeted by an illuminated lobby with a large chandelier and cream marble floors, polished to perfection. A brown table stood in the centre with a huge ceramic vase filled with purple and pick flowers. Yongguk stared at the large pillars and the wide staircase which broke off in two directions at the top. He quickly continued following Himchan who stepped up into a large living room with a majestic brown rug underneath a large glass coffee table. A TV was hung on the wall above a fireplace. There were large potted trees in the corners of the room as well as storage units displaying decorations, family photos and plants. Yongguk was in so much shock that he only gawked at the high ceiling until he felt a light slap on the back of his head

"What are you doing here?" Himchan went to sit down in one of the large black sofa.

"This is really your house?! All yours?!"

"What do you want"

"Oh! Sorry... um..." Yongguk began quickly rummaging through is bag "I was told to bring these to you" Yongguk quickly handed the packet of files to Himchan and stood waiting for his reply. 

"You can sit down...." Himchan spoke as he opened the packet and pulled out the files.

"Oh yeah! Okay!" Yongguk quickly shuffled over to the chair opposite Himchan "Are you really leaving?"

"Yes" Himchan looked through the files with a serious expression, Yongguk giggled a little making Himchan look up "What?"

"When you're at home you look different!"

"Because I'm not at work" Yongguk frowned at Himchan's bad sense of humour.

"Is this really your house?!" 

"No… if you must know… it's my parents house"

"Why did you list it as your own then?" Himchan ignored Yongguk as he flicked through the files. Yongguk watched as Himchan his finger to swipe each page. Yongguk his lip. He sat patiently waiting for Himchan to finish reading through the files. His eyelids became heavy as he watched and waited until he saw everything turn black.

 

* * * * *

Yongguk opened his eyes again to a soft material rubbing against his arms. He strained his eyes to adjust to the light. He first saw papers spread out across the glass table with a small white mug placed in the corner. He looked at Himchan's chair and saw nothing but Himchan's loose grey sweater hanging off the arm. Yongguk stretched and scratched his head before sitting up and allowing the blanket to fall off of him. 

Yongguk felt a hand touch his shoulder from behind. His body shook, he was about to spin around but he remembered he was only with Himchan. 

"Don't turn around…" Himchan ordered him. Yongguk saw out of the corner of his eye, Himchan's bare arm. Veins seeping through as he held onto Yongguk's shoulder. Himchan shuffled around behind Yongguk before finally walking around the glass table and sitting down. He fiddled with his jumper. Ah… he was changing… 

"Since you fell asleep… it's too late to send you home…" Himchan began scooping up the papers "you can stay here tonight, I guess…" 

"Are you sure that's okay?" 

"You don't really have another choice I - "

"Then can I first apologise? I - I mean! The way I acted before! I never got to apologise properly!" 

"It's really nothing" Yongguk picked up his mug "Anyway… come with me. I'll show you where you're sleeping…" 

Yongguk quickly got up, grabbing his bag and the blanket. He shuffled behind Himchan who graciously ascended the staircase. Himchan walked along the short hallway to a large white door at the end of the hallway.

"You can have my room. I'll sleep downstairs" Yongguk pushed open the door and then walked past Yongguk

"Wait - I" Himchan didn't stop walking until Yongguk grabbed his arm. Himchan winced but he didn't pull away. Yongguk felt Himchan's arm tense.

"Let go" Yongguk did as he was told and Himchan turned to listen to him.

"I don't mind - I mean I don't mind if you stay here - sleep here with me - in your room" Yongguk squeezed the handle of his bag and looked at the floor. Himchan sighed, he scratched the back of his head before sighing again.

"Yongguk… don't do this. It won't end well" Yongguk cleared his throat before nodding and quickly walking into the room. 

 

*****

 

Himchan watched Yongguk close the door before he turned around and made his way down the stairs. His body was sweating. He felt a nerviness that he hadn't felt in a while.

Maybe I should call J… no I can't. 

Himchan quickly made his way to his chair. He rubbed his forehead as he sat down. Sweat prickled his skin, he sat back in the chair to cool off. I can't ing believe this… Himchan kicked the table before throwing himself forward and putting his head in his hands.  

Staring into the rug, he closed his eyes for a moment. He quickly stood up and stormed back up the stairs and to his bedroom door before pushing the door open. It slammed off the wall and Himchan looked at Yongguk who was taking off his shirt. Himchan pulled his jumper over his head and threw it on the floor. He closed the door behind him. 

"I'll sleep in here. In my room - with you"







P.s Hi cutie buns! I'm so sorry that it took so long to update! I hope you all had a wonderful christmas and the New Year brings lots of new opportunities and blessings.