Hello Summer 2

Red Flowers Look Better In Winter

Yongguk quickly got up out of his seat as he watched Himchan staring at his coffee cup. He walked out of the shop while still pointing at Himchan, barely able to get his words out.

 

"What- what was that?!" Yongguk held in a bit of laughter as a smirk began appearing on his face again.

 

"What was what?" Hmchan looked over his shoulder trying to identify the reason for Yongguk's laughter. 

 

"Over there! You and that guy! He's your boyfriend right?!" Yongguk put his hand on Himchan's shoulder, getting close enough to his ear to whisper. Himchan pushed him back a little making Yongguk stumble a little before using Himchan to save himself the embarrassment.

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"Upsetting your boyfriend on the side of the road?!" "Wooooow! You sure are something!" Yongguk placed one of his hands on his hip as he began shaking his head slowly.

 

"Boyfriend….?"

 

"Hey, hey don't deny it!"

 

"Your wild assumptions are amusing…" but Himchan's stone cold expression didn't change, making Yongguk wonder if he was even capable of smiling. Even if he did smile, I bet it'd look weird… Yongguk thought as he tried to process Himchan's words.

 

"Since you're so interested… that was my brother" Yongguk's hand slid off of Himchan's shoulder as he straightened himself up and cleared his throat not again… Yongguk couldn't tell if Himchan was telling the truth or not.

 

"That sounds like an excuse…"

 

"Then it is… I'll see you back at the office" Himchan quickly turned around and began walking. As Yongguk watched his back, he was unsure again if Himchan was being serious or not. But it was nothing to keep going over. As much as Yongguk tried to push it out of his mind, he couldn't get over the image of Himchan arguing with his lover, not his brother. 

 

Yongguk walked back into the cafe and sat at his table by the window.

 

"You're not normally like that…" the short waitress stood beside his table, holding her coffee pot. She woke Yongguk from his daydream as he stared at the cafe across the street, watching the bodies weave slowly between each other.

 

"Hm… oh, what do you mean?" Yongguk perked up and looked at her.

 

"You don't usually get such a burst of energy from seeing someone you know! Remember that time you brought that guy with the brown hair!" she scratched her cheek as she searched her memory. Yongguk nodded and acknowledged her statement. It was true that he didn't usually get worked up, he preferred to be alone.

 

"I do remember him… but… he was special" Yongguk smiled as he began staring at the other cafe again. He saw the waitress' reflection nod and smile in the window as she began pouring him another coffee.

 

"Drink up or you'll be late" she smiled and walked over to another customer. Yongguk smiled as he watched her reflection disappear such a caring person… Yongguk took a sip of his fresh coffee. Feeling the warmth of it run through his body made him shiver a little. Even though it was the middle of summer the heat from his coffee gave him some comfort. 

 

After he finished, he got up and pulled his jacket on. He turned around to wave at the the waitress and she smiled while waving back. Leaving the store, Yongguk thought that it was true that he was possibly a little too excited when he saw Himchan but then again Himchan is still a confusing person. Yongguk walked slowly through the shopping centre before reaching the top floor. Before going into his own office, he peeked into the the small window that was on Himchan's door. Himchan's office had larger windows however the blinds were down. The office was dark, Yongguk could barely see anything.

 

"Ahem, I'm in here" Yongguk was startled by the sudden appearance of Himchan's voice. He turned around to see Himchan's head poking out of his office door.

 

"I-Is that so? I was just coming to get you" Yongguk cleared his throat and straightened his tie before walking towards his office. He quickly shut his office door and his blinds.

 

"Why is your office so dark…" Yongguk sat down, resting one elbow on his desk and the other hand to play with the mouse so his computer would start. All the while Himchan plainly stood without making a single sound.

 

"Here's the files anyway" Himchan placed down some paper ion Yongguk's desk.

 

"Are you uncomfortable with me?" Yongguk didn't look at Himchan when he asked but stared at his own blank expression on the dull monitor.

 

"You're my boss, not my friend…" Himchan left Yongguk's office.

 

Yongguk frowned a little. This was the longest conversation they'd ever had and it was to bitter for his liking. He wanted something else to talk with Himchan about other than work. He didn't know why he was so eager but building a positive work relationship is better for my work and appearance Yongguk thought as he got up from his seat and made his way to Himchan's office. 

 

When he peered inside the small window, he saw again that it was painfully dark. How can anyone work like that… Yongguk though as he began to squint. He didn't see any movement so he knocked to see if Himchan was there.

 

"Oh! Himchan just went to the toilet" an employee who was walking past pointed to the corridor as he returned to his cubicle. Yongguk nodded as he began his search for Himchan. 

 

Upon reaching the toilet he slowly pushed the door open and saw Himchan standing by the sink. He definitely was attractive as he stood looking at his reflection. Himchan used his fingers to comb his hair back before fixing his suit. Yes, definitely an attractive man Yongguk thought as he walked in. 

 

"Actually… Himchan" Himchan looked at Yongguk in the mirror. It was the first time in a long while that Yongguk had felt nervous to ask for something. As Himchan was fixing his jacket, he spoke.

 

"What is it?" Himchan began fixing his hair once more, waiting for Yongguk to answer. 

 

"Actually I wanted to ask if you want to go for a drink?" Yongguk's hands were shaking as he asked, he began to talk quickly to justify his invitation "I mean! It would help, you know - build our relationship! I mean - you know!" Yongguk sighed as he began scratching his head. He felt embarrassed but he really did want to build a positive relationship. Himchan stared at Yongguk in the mirror for a little before straightening his posture and facing Yongguk.

 

"Today?" Yongguk nodded. "Okay, we can meet after work…" Himchan walked past Yongguk and left the toilet. Yongguk let out a sigh of relief as he held onto the sink for support. He clutched his chest as he tried to regulate his breathing. 

 

Why am I so nervous…