Hello Summer

Red Flowers Look Better In Winter

Yongguk sat at the table and pushed the straw around in his iced tea. He stared out of the window, allowing the sun to beat down on his face before looking back at his laptop again. This cafe was his favorite. A small one parked inside of a small opening, away from the bustling people running in and out of high street stores. There were always regulars there who didn't know each other but the sense of familiarity was comforting. It conveyed that even though they came to the cafe alone today, they were not alone. Yes, definitely comforting Yongguk thought as he tapped the final words into his laptop. 

Yongguk had just finished writing a report on what to work on next in order to expand his business. A meeting with his new partner was all that was on his mind. He had an hour before he had to meet them but he was still a little nervous. He would be working alongside someone new. Someone said to be a prodigy in the business. Yongguk specialized in getting and creating profitable deals. He was known for his ability to create something out of nothing, to bring business out of the depths of debt. But the guy he's meeting today is said to be a young and fresh into the management scene. Yongguk would be training him and giving him profitable work experience.

"Would you like a refill sir?" Yongguk looked up at a short woman holding a jar of coffee. She smiled like she always did, her cheeks were cute and chubby. She always asked if he wanted seconds, probably it's because she knew he was about to go. He always left at the exact same time. Yongguk smiled back before checking the time on his laptop again.

"Um.. no thanks. I've got to get going! I'll see you again soon!" He smiled at her as he began packing away his laptop into his bag.

"Yes, please come back soon" she smiled and waved. Yongguk pulled his bag onto his shoulder before giving a brief wave and leaving the cafe. He felt the sun beating down on his skin making him sweat suddenly. Days like this are the worst Yongguk sighed as he began walking. The other reason why that particular cafe was his favorite was because it was a five minute walk from the shopping centre he worked in. He liked to walk with those who were walking towards it. He liked to hear what they like about it and what they wanted to buy, he liked to look at the deals he helped to create and the faces of satisfied customers. It was fulfilling. 

Yongguk entered the towering building with glass windows glittering in the flashes with the sun. The cool marble floor made the sound of clipping shoes even sound breathtaking. Yongguk chuckled a little as he began to take the escalators up floor by floor. He took in the site of families and couples walking around and taking in the material beauties. Then up to the V.I.P floor. Sophisticated looking and chic couples walked around. Suave men waving their wallets to the most expensive suits in order to out-dress each other. Beguiling ladies waving their cards selectively as they assessed the products offered to them. It was a beautiful scene, Yongguk took this route everyday. He wanted to see it all, he wanted to see it changing. He began approaching the top level floor where all the executives worked. The ones who created the business, the building, a home. He smiled at workers as he walked through the office, greeting them kindly before entering the CEO's office. 

The CEO was a short and stubborn man. Only settled for perfection I guess that's why he's succeeded so greatly Yongguk thought as the CEO looked up from the papers on his desk. His office was immaculate as always. Clean and suited to a man with refined tastes. The CEO sat with a luxurious oak table with patterned legs and a large leather chair sat behind that desk. The CEO, although short and stubborn, was all smiles. His appearance always made people think he was a stern man but instead he displayed the demeanor of a cushion. Soft. 

"Ah my boy! You're finally here!" CEO stood up and opened his arms wide. He had a large grin on his face as he began walking around his desk and towards Yongguk. He embraced Yongguk in a tight hug before gesturing for him to sit on the low, leather brown sofas positioned opposite each other in the middle of the room. A large brown arm chair placed in between them, a few feet away from the CEO's desk. 

"Hello sir-"

"How many times do I have to tell you to drop the formality" CEO laughed as he playful patted Yongguk on the knee.

"Um, yes…"

"Are you excited for today? Your new partner is coming in! He was quite eager to join our business!" CEO laughed again as he took a cigar out of a small brown box which was placed on the table in front of the sofas. He offered Yongguk one but he declined. The CEO closed the box and sat back in his arm chair.

"I heard he's a little hard to get along with… but… I'm sure you'll do fine!" A smile spread across the CEO's face as he kept throwing his eyes towards the door awaiting the new guy's arrival. Yongguk smiled.

"I'm sure he'll be a pleasure to work with" Just as Yongguk spoke there was a knock at the door. The CEO jumped up out of his seat, taking his cigar out of his mouth.

"Ah ah! Come in!" CEO put on his serious face. Yongguk stood up in order to greet the new young man as well. 

In walked a tall figure. Probably a few inches shorter than Yongguk, he had his brown hair pushed back neatly. His skin looked effortlessly clear in his dark Italian suit he reminds me of an alien! Yongguk thought as he stared at the figure shaking the CEO's hand. The figure began walking towards him after he exchanged words with the CEO.

"Hello, I'm Kim Himchan. I'll be working with you from now on" he extended a hand. Yongguk shook it, then they both sat down to begin their talks. The man didn't smile or talk again after he had greeted the CEO and Yongguk. He just sat there nodding his head I wonder if he even understands? Yongguk thought as he looked at the boy again.

"-Listening?!" Yongguk felt a pain on his knee. It was the CEO slapping his knee to get his attention!

"Are you listening?! These are the stock reports! Pay attention!" the CEO began to tut before continuing his explanation. 

Yongguk looked at the man once more and just then he caught Kim Himchan looking at him from the corner of his eye before looking away. Interesting kid Yongguk thought.