Unexpected

Writer's Love Block

To fit the mood of this chapter you can play:

Son Dambi - Queen


"And that is why music helps us all in more ways than one.” The editor-in-chief read the last sentence from _______’s article. She then closed her laptop and looked at _______.

“_______, it's brilliant. It's really moving. But it's never going to appear in the magazine” The editor-in-chief informed _______.

“Why is that Seo In-Young sunbae?” _______ asked for the nth time. It has always been like this for _______. Her stories kept getting put aside because they were serious and hits people too close to heart. Well she did aspire to be a serious writer but her stepping stone to the industry was working in a weekly entertainment – lifestyle magazine. That would have to do for now.

“_______, it doesn’t mean that you’ll be treated any higher or differently just because you graduated from an Ivy League school. Your stories, how do I put it…they’re stories that needs a lot of attention and you know our target audience, they don’t have the time and maybe the brains for that.” Seo In-Young, the editor-in-chief started explaining. She put her glasses up in her hair and decided to be frank with ______.

“If you want to be treated like a real journalist, then you’ll have to come up with something explosive. Here’s my promise, if you find a story, specifically about a never before heard secret about a celebrity, then I’ll put that on the main cut. If you write that kind of story then I’ll publish it and I’ll allow you to write more substantial stories.” Seo In-Young proposed.

“Deal.” _______ answered in a heartbeat. She didn’t even think things through. Who was she going to write about? And the main question, how would she be able to get a hand of those inner - darker secrets?

 

That night, _______ went to a bar and started drinking to loosen up and think about her newest project, thinking of what she could do. What could she write about that would be mind-blowing?

She had to do an expose on a celebrity. One problem…she didn’t have any connections in the entertainment industry. She was a newbie and she hasn’t been able to meet a lot of artists yet.

While she was deep in thought, 2 guys approached her. One guy sat beside her while the other stood behind her.

“Excuse me miss, would you like to have a drink with us?” One of the guys asked as he offered _______ a drink.

_______ mentally vomited and tried hard to remain calm, “No thanks.” She replied coolly.

“Oh come on. It’s better to drink with us than to drink alone.” The guy standing behind ______ said.

“I’ll pass. I was enjoying my time until you guys came a long.” ______ answered back. She hated sleazy and obviously dirty old guys.

“Feisty, I like that.”

“Yeah, playing hard to get, huh?”

______ started to feel a sense of fear as he felt the guy behind her touch her shoulder while the one beside her put his arm over her thigh. _______ looked around and the bartender was nowhere in sight, it didn’t help that there weren’t a lot of people around.

______ bolted up from her seat and tried to get away but her arm was caught by the guy standing behind her.

“Where are you going? We just started playing…” The guy said as _______ violently tried to shake her arm off the guy’s grip.

“Excuse me. What do you think are you doing?” A deep raspy voice came from ______’s back. The guy holding ______’s arm got distracted so ______ was able to release her arm and step back from the guys, making her back hit the guy behind her.

“Who might you be?!” The sleazy guy who was sitting now stood beside of his friend.

______ looked up over her shoulder to see who her ‘savior’ was.

The guy looked at ______ and put his arm over her shoulder.

“I saw you guys disturbing my girlfriend.” The guy stated.

______’s jaw almost dropped when she heard him and realized who he was.

“Your girlfriend? Well she didn’t mention anything about having a boyfriend and she was alone so we were just here helping her solve that.” The sleazy body-guard looking guy answered as he smirked

“Well I’ve got the cctv cameras plus undercover cops in this room that can prove otherwise. So I suggest you leave now unless you want to go to the nearest police station and get sued for ual harassment.”

The two sleazy guys scoffed but retreated and went ot through the back exit.

When the two were out sight, _______’s knight in shining armor looked at her.

“Miss, are you okay?” He asked with concern

“Uhm…y-yeah I guess. Thanks you very much.” _______ expressed her gratefulness although she was still stunned and confused with what just happened.

“No worries. I’m Ok Taecyeon.” Taecyon introduced himself and offered his hand.

“______.” _______ introduced herself as well as she shook his hand

‘oh I know who you are. God, you are good to me. I’ve been saved plus my story now has a subject.” _____ thought happily and found her self grinning on the inside.


First chapter up :) I'll post the continuation - second chapter very soon ;)

Hope you guys like it so far :) Taecyeon's my first crush in 2PM.

Tweet / follow me for updates, comments and suggestions and random - serious talks: twitter.com/nisrandom

~Comment Replies~ Yay! I love you guys <3

Oneandonly: Yay for common interests!! hihi :D I hope you'll like it:)
Yasminnie: Thank you very much. Hope you like it ;)
specialXangelX0410: Thank you so much!! Hope you'll like the story :)