Forced Lunch Date

Shaking Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Mom, are you serious?” Kangjun groaned.

Mrs. Kang nodded, “Yes I am very serious at the moment. You have to take her on a lunch date.”

“But mom.” Kangjun whined.

Mrs. Kang shook her head, “I don’t care what kind of excuses you have. You are to take Miryung out for lunch that’s that.”

Kangjun heaved a dejected sigh. He knew he couldn’t get out of it. The adults didn’t even know that he and Miryung were out together yesterday for dinner because it was meant to be kept a secret.

“Fine, I’ll take her out.” Kangjun grumbled.

Mrs. Kang beamed, “Great! Here is her work address. Make sure that you take her out to have a good lunch and pay for it. Everything that she wants, pay for it. There’s no questions ask. I want Miryung as my daughter-in-law and if I don’t have her then Jun, you better be prepared.”

Kangjun swallowed the lump in his throat. He knew that his mother would never go back on her words and saying such things to him scared the living daylights out of him, “I will. You don’t need to worry about anything.”

Mrs. Kang pinched his cheek, “Good. Don’t forget about it now. Bye.” She left his office.

“Oh I won’t.” Kangjun mumbled as he leaned back in his chair. “Just when I thought I was going to get a break from meeting her again, I’m forced to have lunch with her. Great.”

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re kidding, right?” Miryung stared at her assistant, who shook her head.

“No, I’m not joking with you. That’s what Mrs. Song told me to tell you.” Jaehee stated.

Miryung heaved a sigh, “Why do I have to go on a lunch date with him? I just saw him last night for dinner. Ugh.”

A sly smile spread across Jaehee’s face, “Ay so you saw him last night for dinner, huh?”

Miryung shot her assistant a look.

“Yah, don’t give me that look.” Jaehee frowned.

Miryung rolled her eyes, “Don’t you even dare think about anything inappropriate.”

Jaehee laughed, “What? I wasn’t going to think about anything.”

“Whatever. I know that look on your face. Nothing happened between us.” Miryung picked up a fashion magazine.

“So are you gonna go eat lunch with him today?” Jaehee asked as she stacked some folders together.

“I have no choice. My parents are going to nag me if I don’t eat lunch with my fiancé.” Miryung closed the magazine.

“So he’s the fiancé, huh?” Jaehee looked at Miryung.

“Yup, he’s the fiancé.” Miryung heaved a sigh.

“Is he cute?” Jaehee wiggled her eyebrows.

Miryung thought about it. She hadn’t really taken a good look at Kangjun so she couldn’t really say, “Um, I think so?”

Jaehee frowned, “You think so? What kind of answer is that? It’s either he’s cute or not.”

Miryung shrugged, “I don’t know. I haven’t taken a good look at him yet.”

Jaehee’s jaw dropped, “What?”

“Leave me be. I need to think of a new design for the summer.” Miryung rubbed her temples with one hand.

 

 

 

 

 

“JUN-AH!” Mrs. Kang’s rang through the speaker.

Kangjun let out a small groan, “Yes mom?”

“It’s noon! What are you still doing in the office?! Aren’t you supposed to be with Miryung?!” Mrs. Kang nagged.

“I’m going, I’m going. I just had to finish something before going to pick her up.” Kangjun grabbed his phone slipping it into his pocket.

“Good! I’ll call Miryung and tell her that you’re on your way, okay?” Mrs. Kang giggled.

“Mm.” Kangjun hummed as he looked at his reflection.

“Don’t you dare be late or I’ll make sure your credit card gets suspended for a week.” Mrs. Kang threatened.

“Mom!” Kangjun turned to stare at his office phone in disbelief.

Mrs. Kang laughed, “Then you just better hurry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter