Chapter Two

Old Friends Bring New Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday, September 16th

"Ren!" Someone shouted from behind him. He stopped walking and turned around, finding Hyunseung running towards him.

“It’s cool to give parties at this school, right?” He asked while catching his breath.

"Is that a trick question?"

"I got these for you. The other one is for Jess." Hyunseung handed him two envelopes.

"I'm giving a party at my place. It's invite only. Hope to see you guys there." Hyunseung patted Ren on the back before rushing off again. Ren rolled his eyes and headed to the lily garden. He set his bag on the bench opened one of the envelopes. It was a simple white card with typewriter font lettering. He was surprised by a pair of small hands covering his eyes.

"Guess who~.” Jessica smiled.

"Hmm. Someone I don’t want to hit for a change?” Ren joked. Jessica playfully hit the back of his head before sitting on his lap with her arms around his neck, Ren placed his hand around her waist.

"I can name quite a few people you wouldn't hit." She retorted.

"Oh? Let's hear it then."

"Your brother, your parents, Jamie, and, as much as you don't want to admit it, your sister-in-law." She smirked.

"To be fair, I said want to hit. I do want to hit her, I just can't."

"Jerk."

"Your jerk." He smirked. He pulled her in for a short, soft kiss. “Also, my brother and I sparred when we were younger.”

"What's this?" She took the card from his hand.

“Hyunseung is throwing some kind of party and invited us.”

“We should go, it could be fun.” Jessica smiled as she read the invite.

“Why would we go? No one we know is going and I don’t want to. Besides, you asked me to help you with your first math test.”

"Really? You'd rather get frustrated tutoring me than drinking your off?"

"I do. Because, I thought of a fun reward system to motivate you. For every correct answer, we take off a piece of our clothes."

"Oh, come on. I want to go. I went to plenty of parties with you, even though I much rather stayed home and read." She pouted. Ren groaned.

"Fine. But let's at least get there late. I don't want to stay for longer than an hour. Two max."

"Fine. Besides, we got the rest of the year to get me a flawless math test. And, you get to see me in some y outfit you like.” Ren sighed.

“Why do you have to know my weakness is your appeal?” Ren smirked as he rubbed her leg.

“Because, I know Aron. And he talks more about you than you think.” Jessica teased.

“Yeah, I need to tell him to stop crushing on me, I already got a beautiful girl right here.” He said before kissing her.

“I don’t need to see that.” Someone interrupted them, just when things got more heated for the two. Lizzy walked over, followed by Raina and Nana and then Jonghyun and Minhyun. Ren pursed his lips and glared at Jessica.

“They kind of forced me to tell them where I was going.” Jessica gave him a guilty smile. Ren groaned loudly.

 

Saturday, September 17th

Jessica looked in the mirror, eyeing herself like always, wearing skin-tight dress that covered her just a little below her thighs. It was a nice colour though: blood-red with a pair of strapped, black stilettos. Jessica wanted to put her hair in a ponytail but Ren insisted on letting it loose.

“Remember how I used to stare at you when we first started dating?” Ren asked from his bed. He already finished changing into a black sleeveless top and dark skinny jeans.

“As if you don’t do it anymore. I can see you in the mirror.” She smirked. Ren winked at her playfully before sitting up.

"I'm worried if I bend over, everyone will see my underwear. Can't I wear, like, boxers or something underneath?"

“You drag me to this party where I know no one I actually like. That makes me uncomfortable. You will feel the same as me throughout the night. You’re wearing this dress.” Ren stood up.

"And, if you're so worried, don't bend over. Because I want to be the only one who can see you in black lace ." Jessica sighed as he embraced her from behind.

“You’re actually going to make a big deal out of this?” Jessica raised an eyebrow.

“If you didn’t say we should go, I wouldn’t have had to make a big deal out of this.” Ren kissed her cheek and headed out the room. Jessica rolled her eyes before following him.

 

"Oh, this looks like fun!" Jessica exclaimed as they arrived at the party.

"Is this a loft?" Ren grimaced.

“Come on, smile a little. At least try to make the best of it.” Jessica leaned on his shoulder as he looked at her with a bored expression. Jessica sighed. “Fine, stay grumpy all you want. But I’m going to have fun. I’m going to find us some drinks.” She walked away from him and disappeared into the pool of people. Ren found a spot not too close to the partying groups and hid away there.

"Hey, you made it!" Ren looked to his side and found Hyunseung approaching.

"Hey." Ren replied quietly. He glanced around for Jessica and found her by the drink table, talking to a girl with black hair in very short shorts and a white crop top.

"She looks hot, doesn't she?" Hyunseung followed his gaze.

"What?" Ren frowned at him.

"The girl in the shorts."

"Oh. Yeah, I guess." Ren focused his gaze on Jessica's legs.

"But, Jess looks way hotter." Ren bit his cheek.

"Of course she does. I picked the dress."

"Really?" Hyunseung raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, really." Ren snapped back.

"Do you usually do that?"

"Sometimes, when we go out. She doesn't have many clothes fit for high society events."

"Interesting. So, I guess you guys will be doing it tonight."

"How so?"

"Well, she's wearing that dress. Plus, the way you're staring at her. You must have some plans for her."

"I did. But, she wanted to come here. Luckily for me, I got the house to myself next week." Ren grinned. Hyunseung chuckled.

"That girl has the hots for you, you know? In the shorts."

"Okay, so?"

"So? She looks amazing. I get you love Jess and all, but come on. You can't tell me you're not at least checking her out."

"Well, I'm not. And, stop calling her Jess." Ren glared at him for a moment before heading over to Jessica. He kissed her and took the drink from her hand and gulped it down. Hyunseung started at the two as he sipped his drink.

 

"Here." Hyunseung handed her a cold can of beer. She held it against her head on the same spot someone just hit his elbow against.

"Sorry Gikwang hit you. He can be kind of wild when he gets drunk.

"Evidently." Ren muttered.

“It’s okay, I’ve had worst.” Jessica chuckled.

“You okay?” Ren asked as he handed her a drink.

“I’ll live.” Jessica joked as she accepted the drink while Ren sat next to her.

“Let me see.” Ren said as he took the icepack away from her forehead and inspected the bump.

“Doesn't look too bad. Does it hurt?” He asked.

“A little.” She admitted.

“Keep the can on there, so it won’t swell too much.” Ren put the can back before glaring at Hyunseung, intending for him to leave. Hyunseung got up after sighing loudly and walked away.

“Why is it that every time we go somewhere, I have to hurt my head?” Jessica chuckled.

“Because, you and a party involving alcohol is never a good combination.” Ren joked.

“Hey, the first time we went to a party I got thrown into a fountain because of your fangirl.”

“Well, to be fair, we didn’t exactly go together.”

“We did leave together. And, then you kissed me and I ran away.” Ren chuckled.

“Yeah, but the only damage you had that night, was your cheap make up across your face.” Ren joked. Jessica giggled and hit his chest.

“I’ve always wondered though, what would’ve happened if I didn’t run away?” Jessica blushed.

“Well…” Ren started as he leaned in while sliding his hand up her leg.

“I could show you now.” Ren planted his lips on hers. Jessica giggled again and slightly pulled away.

“You reek of alcohol.”

“So? You never had a problem with that before.” Ren smirked. She gave him a look. "Okay, that one time was bad."

“Give me your phone.” Jessica held out her hand.

“Why?”

“Because, I’m not letting you drive. I’m calling your butler to take a cab here and then drive us home in your car.”

“I can drive, sweetie.” Ren tried to assure her.

“You can’t, you barely walk straight. I saw you stumble your way over here.” Ren sighed before fishing his phone out of his pocket and handed it over. Before she could make the call, Ren held her wrist down and forced her to look at him.

“Call Aron instead. But first, you’re going to re-experience that first kiss.” Ren said before placing his lips on hers, turning the heat up right away.

 

"How can someone like Minki Choi have someone who likes him so much?" Hyunseung muttered to his friend.

"Told you he's serious about her." They heard a voice from behind them. They turned around and smirked when they saw Jihoon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter