Chapter Nine

Old Friends Bring New Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday, January 31st

"I knew it!" Jihoon exclaimed when he went through his own yearbook from preschool.

"What do you know?" Minhyun and Jonghyun asked in unison. Jihoon gasped and he turned around at once.

"N-Nothing." Jihoon stammered. The two stepped closer and Jonghyun quickly confiscated the yearbook from the library table before Jihoon could close it.

"This is the list of our preschool class, along with the class photo." Jonghyun muttered as he sat down in the chair next to Jihoon, placing the book back on the table.

"What are you doing with that? You weren't part of our class until junior high." Minhyun asked while he took a seat across from them.

"Actually, I was." Jihoon glared at him.

"Oh! Minhyun, I found you!" Jonghyun exclaimed as he tapped on a picture. Minhyun stood up and walked over. He chuckled at the happy photo of his five-year old self.

"That must mean... Yup, you're right beside me." Minhyun teased as he pointed at a five-year old Jonghyun who was about to sneeze in the photo. They both chuckled at the picture before setting their minds on finding Ren.

"Ah, here he is." Minhyun said and pointed at him. Ren was in the front of the large group, smiling even brighter than Minhyun did.

"Who's the guy with his arm around Ren though?" Jonghyun wondered as he pointed at the kid next to Ren.

"That's Hyunseung." Jihoon interrupted their thoughts. They frowned at him.

"Look at the individual pictures and search for Jang Hyunseung." Jihoon said and the two compared the one bearing the name with the boy in the picture.

"Holy , he's right." Jonghyun's eyes widened.

"Oh, look. That's Jihoon. Guess he was right." Minhyun pointed at Jihoon's individual photo where he just looked confused.

"Huh, guess he did go to our class before." Jihoon glared at Jonghyun for his comment.

"So, Hyunseung was a friend of Ren? Then, why did he steal Ren's girlfriend?" Minhyun asked while scratching the back of his head.

"Jonghyun, you okay?" Jihoon asked when he noticed Jonghyun stare at the picture with a deep frown.

"It's just... Didn't Ren hang out with this kid in preschool, and then he suddenly didn't?" Jonghyun replied.

"Yeah, now you say it. I don't remember him being there when we moved on to elementary school." Minhyun responded.

"Ren had more friends than you s?" Jihoon asked, receiving a glare from both of them.

"Sorry." He muttered. Minhyun and Jonghyun gave each other an annoyed look before heading out the library, Jihoon trailing behind.

 

"Is this legal?" Jihoon asked as Jonghyun used his phone to hack the code to Hyunseung's locker.

"Relax, we did this with your locker all the time." Minhyun said. Jihoon widened his eyes at Minhyun's statement.

"So you guys were the ones that piled dirty smelly socks in my locker. And, that time in the changing rooms when you had stolen all my clothes." Jihoon exclaimed at them. Minhyun covered his mouth.

"Can you be quiet, damn it. If a teacher catches us, we all get suspended." Minhyun whispered with a harsh tone.

"Got it." Jonghyun said triumphantly.

"So he gets to shout?" Jihoon scowled. Minhyun and Jonghyun rolled their eyes at him and opened Hyunseung's locker.

"Jesus, this guy is more organized than Ren is." Jonghyun commented as he noticed the books were organized by colour, alphabet and size. There also was a map for lose papers and a box for pencils. On the door was a small whiteboard with test dates written on it.

"Psychopath. I'm calling it." Minhyun muttered.

"Ren simply organizes them by size." Jonghyun muttered.

"Hey, what's that?" Jihoon said as he noticed something white in-between the math books. Jonghyun frowned and took it out.

"Envelopes?" Minhyun frowned. They opened the thickest one of them and took out the contents.

"These are pictures." Jihoon muttered.

"Jessica's pictures." Jonghyun added.

"She is his girlfriend, it's not exactly strange for him to have pictures of her." Minhyun commented.

"Yeah, but these pictures are. They look like they were taken from a distance. Look, Jessica is holding someone's hand in this one." Jonghyun pointed out, but the one whose hand she was holding was behind a car in the photo.

"Keep looking, maybe the person is in one of the other pictures." Jihoon said. They decided to go to the library instead as it held more privacy. They closed the locker and rushed to the table they were at before. They spread all the photos on the table to make it easier to find the person in the picture.

"Here it is!" Jonghyun exclaimed as he held up one of the photos.

"That's not good enough, it only shows it's a guy. We need one that shows his face." Minhyun responded.

"Hey, look at this one." Jihoon said while showing a picture to them, this one with the guy's face. "It's blurry as hell, but I'm sure it's Ren."

"Is that the bracelet his butler repaired for him?" Jonghyun asked as he pointed to the left wrist of the guy in the photo.

"Yeah. Jess gave that to him as a birthday present. He threw it in his locker the morning after Hyunseung's party." Minhyun nodded.

"Why did he take so many pictures of her? Did he like her?" Jihoon wondered as he looked at the many photos on the desk.

"I doubt it. Most of these pictures are of her smiling. Stalkers usually take all kinds of pictures." Jonghyun commented. Jihoon and Minhyun eyed him with a raised eyebrow. "Don't ask."

"What's in the other envelope?" Jihoon asked Minhyun, as he had the other envelope in his uniform jacket. He opened it and took out the contents, which were even more pictures.

"These look damaged." He commented as he took them out. He spread them out on the table. Jihoon grabbed the one that laid on top of the pile.

"What the hell?" He muttered as he noticed it was a similar picture as the one where Ren's face was blurred, only this time Ren's face was scratched out and Jessica's face was circled with a red marker. The three guys widened their eyes and shared a look. They quickly went through the pictures and all of the photos from that envelope were the same.

"This guy doesn't just dislikes Ren." Jihoon made the obvious statement.

"He wants to destroy Ren." Jonghyun added.

"And, Jessica is just a pawn in his plan to do it." Minhyun said. They looked at each other.

"We need to warn Jess and Ren." They said in unison and cleaned up the pictures and put them in their pockets. They ran out of the school and into Jonghyun's car and took off to Aron's place while Jihoon went to Jessica's.

 

Hyunseung and Jessica were seated on the couch at Hyunseung's loft and were watching some concert he downloaded. He had his arm around her waist while she was snuggled into his chest.

"Hyunseung." Junhyung called from the kitchen. Hyunseung turned his gaze towards him and noticed his friends surrounded a laptop. Junhyung gestured for him to come over with his head. Hyunseung gently pushed Jessica off of him and grabbed both their glasses.

"You want another drink?" He asked her, using it as an excuse. She shook her head and turned her face back to the screen.

"What?" Hyunseung asked once he stood next to the group. Gikwang pointed at the laptop screen and Yoseob clicked play.

"I was monitoring your school when I found this. Apparently they broke into your locker." Yoseob whispered as Hyunseung watched one half of the screen playing a video of Jihoon, Minhyun and Jonghyun breaking into his locker and finding the pictures as the other half had the video of them looking at them. The video ended with them rushing off.

"This was ten minutes ago. They could've called her already or texted her." Gikwang said before turning his gaze on Jessica for a moment. She didn't seem to hear anything they were saying.

"Where's that girl's phone?" Junhyung asked with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Charging in my bedroom. It's been there for the past hour. She hasn't checked her messages."

"Good. Dojoon, go get it." Junhyung ordered. Dojoon nodded his head and stood up, doing his best not to be noticed by Jessica, but she seemed to be into the concert too much.

"I guess this means we have to work out our plan a little sooner than expected." Yoseob said as he held a small transparent bag with powder in it to Hyunseung. Hyunseung sighed before taking the powder. Dojoon came back and handed the phone to Kikwang, whom hacked into it.

"They called her three times and sent her over ten text messages in the past five minutes. They warn about Hyunseung being dangerous and a stalker." He said in a bored tone.

"They also said that we might be helping Hyunseung." Kikwang chuckled as he went through the text messages.

"The time is now, Hyunseung." Junhyung said when he noticed that Hyunseung still hadn't used the powder yet. Junhyung nodded his head to him as Hyunseung gave him a nervous look. Hyunseung sighed and moved towards the glass that she was drinking from earlier.

"Come on. I want to go to my room." Hyunseung smiled at her and pulled her up.

"What about the concert?" She asked.

"I can see you hate it. I'll watch it some other time." He took her to his room. She rubbed her hands together nervously as he closed the door behind them.

"So, what do yo want to do?" She asked.

"Somethi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter