Chapter Six

Old Friends Bring New Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thursday, November 14th

Jessica arrived at the party first, having hitched a ride with Lizzy and the girls.

"Great, you've made it!" Hyunseung engulfed her in a hug. "Where's Ren?"

"He just wanted to go over his history book one last time. He'll be here when he's done." Jessica rolled her eyes.

"You really are dating a nerd." Hyunseung teased.

"Jess! Welcome!" Yoseob came over and embraced her.

"You're drunk already, aren't you?" Jessica laughed when he nodded with a pout before stumbling away again.

"This is great! Just what I needed!" Jessica exclaimed. She and Hyunseung went over to the food table and grabbed a few pizza slices.

"Life's that stressful?" Hyunseung asked as he grabbed a couple energy drinks for them.

"Sort of. Did you hear Ren forgot my birthday? Like, actually forgot."

"I heard something like that, yeah." They sat down on the couch and started eating.

"Well, I'm still kind of pissed. I mean, we made up, but things have been kind of awkward."

"I noticed you guys weren't holding hands as much anymore. You guys just kind of sit next to each other, studying in the library. I don't think any interesting conversation has been between you recently."

"Not really. We talk about school and he helps me with math, but there's, like, zero romance or intimacy. We haven't even spent the night together since my party. Well, except for his birthday. But, you know, I just didn't want his birthday to be as ty as mine. Even though he kind of deserved it. Would've been karma."

"You should've just ignored him then."

"I don't want to be petty like that."

"It's not being petty. Like you said, it would've been karma. He didn't show up late to a dinner date. He forgot your actual birthday."

"I know. I'm actually hoping tonight will lead to amorous activities, so we can be done with this awkwardness. He knows I'm still hurt by it. But, the tension is killing me."

"Well, in that case, I hope for amorous activities for you too." Hyunseung and Jessica tapped their cans against each other for a toast. After they were done eating, they started drinking. Jessica, being the lightweight she is, got tipsy fast. Hyusneung and Junhyung kept telling her funny stories and bad jokes, causing her to double over. She flinched when a hand was placed on her bare shoulder and looked behind her.

"Oh my God, you made it!" She engulfed Ren in a right hug. Ren glared at Hyunseung for a second before Jessica looked at him again. He smiled at her.

"You're wobbling. How much have you had already?"

"Look at your hair! I love it!" She yelled as she played with Ren's hair. He chuckled.

"You said you missed my blonde hair. So, I dyed it for you."

"Aww, that's so sweet!" She pulled him in for an intimate kiss. Hyunseung and Junhyung rolled their eyes and walked away from the two. Ren and Jessica smiled while pulling away.

"You look really good. Very handsome." Jessica leaned her body into his with her arms around him.

"You look better." He smirked. He grabbed her hands and pushed her back so he could look at her. She was wearing a simple black dress, which was among the many gifts he had bought her before, with simple black heeled ankle boots. He wore a matching outfit. A black t-shirt with a striped black-and-white blazer and white jeans. She closed the distance between them again, surprising him. She spend the rest of the night giving abundantly clear hints about what she wanted when they got home, and Ren didn't mind in the slightest. He excused himself to go use the bathroom after a while. Afterwards, he noticed Jessica had left the spot where he left her and he started looking around for her.

"She's outside eating cookies with Yoseob." Hyunseung appeared in front of him, smirking. Ren frowned at him. "You're looking for Jess, right? She's with Yoseob eating cookies."

"Alright " Ren moved past him.

"Do you think Jessica would confuse us for each other?" Hyunseung said, stopping Ren in his tracks. Ren turned to look at him.

"Huh?"

"Since we're both blonde now, do you think she'd confuse us?"

"I doubt it. We don't exactly have the same face."

"Yeah. But, she's a little out of it. Alcohol, you know. Wouldn't it be funny if she did the same thing you did?" Hyunseung chuckled.

"Excuse me?" Ren raised an eyebrow.

"Well, last year. Jessica said something about how you made out with this complete stranger, thinking it was her. She didn't even look like Jessica. With this haircut we almost look like brothers. Even our outfits are similar. Don't you think, given the right circumstances, she might think I'm you. God, I wonder what she would do if that happens." Ren took a threatening few steps closer, getting in Hyunseung's face.

"You stay the hell away from her. Or else, I promise you, I will have you end up in the hospital." Ren glared at him. He turned around and went back to finding Jessica. Hyunseung glared at his back, biting his cheek.

 

Jessica was leaning against the wall feeling a little lightheaded.

"Those weren't normal cookies, were they?" She mumbled. Yoseob shook his head and started laughing.

"You seriously never done this before?" He spoke in a mocking tone.

"I'm thirsty."

"Yeah, these cookies will do that to you." Her vision grew blurry and seemed to focus on only one spot. She turned around and put both her hands on the wall and tried to keep herself up. Her head felt heavy and started nodding involuntarily. She felt two hands on her shoulders and was lead inside. She heard the noises of the party as the mysterious stranger helped her to a bedroom. They helped her sit down on the bed before sending out a couple of guests and closed the door. Jessica leaned her head in her hands and groaned.

"You okay?" She groaned again and shook her head softly as a response.

"I shouldn't have eaten those cookies."

"No you shouldn't have." They crouched down in front of her. Jessica's vision was even more blurry and she couldn't focus at all. She realized she had tunnel vision and could only see the short blonde hair of whoever was with her.

"Ren? Oh God, I'm sorry."

"For what? He asked.

"For making you see me like this. Taking care of me. Being mad at you." She spoke slowly and softly.

"It's fine. I deserved for you to be mad at me."

"Not for this long."

"It's alright. As long as I have you, nothing else matters."

"I love you. I'd make love to you, but I'm afraid I'll just pass out before we even drive off the lot." He stood up straight and leaned on the bed, trapping her.

"We could do it here then. If you want."

"Really? But, you preferred your own bed."

"Don't worry about that. Right now, I just want you." He held her head between his hands and kissed her. He gently helped her lied down and for on top of her. As they kissed, he undressed her. At one point, Jessica thought she heard the door open and close, but she dismissed it.

 

Friday, November 15th

As she reached the gates of the school building, Jessica was met with a very good mooded Hyunseung. He smiled brightly at her as he greeted her.

"Hey, Jess. I had a great time last night." He smiled at her. Jessica smiled back, but it fell quickly. Hyunseung noticed.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"After last night, I thought Ren stayed the night, but I couldn't find him anywhere this morning, he also didn't respond to me texts. And, he didn't even come to pick me up. Did I do something wrong last night and got him angry?"

"I'm sure it's nothing." Hyunseung squeezed her shoulder.

"I don't know. I basically chugged a few mixed drinks and got really high. Maybe I did or said something stupid." She muttered and looked down. Hyunseung smiled sympathetically at her as he placed an arm around her and continued their walk through the school.

"Even if you did, I'm sure he won't stay mad for long. He can't really blame you for what you did while you were intoxicated."

"You're probably right. I probably just need to talk to him." Jessica smiled at Hyunseung. Hyunseung smiled back as he nodded at her. Jessica excused herself and ran to her locker. She quickly changed her books and then ran straight for Ren's locker. To her luck, Ren was standing exactly in front of said locker, frantically going through his books to find his math text book.

"Hey." She said with a happy voice as she reached him. He ignored her. She pouted and ran a hand through his hair to mess it up. Ren sighed in annoyance and grabbed her wrist and basically pushed her hand so hard, it hurt. She frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"Just leave me alone." He didn't even bother to look at her. She was confused.

"Did you get in trouble with your dad?"

"Like you care." He muttered.

"Of course I do. You're my boyfriend."

"Am I?" He turned around at once and glared at her. She was taken aback.

"Did I do something wrong?" Ren scoffed and shook his head. Jessica frowned.

"Seriously, what did I do to get you this pissed?" She asked. Ren sighed.

"You should know. You were the one doing it." He said, obviously angry.

"Look, I was high and drunk. I don't even remember coming home. Whatever I did or said, I'm sorry." She said, causing Ren to chuckle.

"You can't even remember? That's real classy, Jessica." Hyunseung walked by them and winked at Jessica, who smiled back. Ren noticed and huffed.

"What? We're friends. After last night you two should be too." Ren scoffed again.

"You really don't know what happened?" Jessica shook her head.

"I mean, I know you and I made out. But, after that it goes kind of black in my mind." She muttered, still shy to talk about about it. Ren groaned.

"We made out?" He asked. Jessica nodded again. Ren looked around him, feeling the urge to punch someone.

"We didn't make out last night. Only you did, and who knows

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter