Chapter Ten

Old Friends Bring New Problems
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is not going to work." Ren sighed annoyed as Aron and Jihoon forced him to stay in the car, parked outside Hyunseung's residence.

"Has he ever been positive?" Jihoon asked.

"On tests. Or, on dates with Jess." Aron mocked. Ren glared at the both of them. Aron's phone vibrated shortly, indicating he got a text message.

"The guys are in their positions." He muttered.

"This plan is still stupid." Ren rolled his eyes as they got out of the car. Aron went ahead and knocked, going in first when it opened. They were met with Junhyung smirking at them. Ren and Jihoon came after Aron and Ren immediately looked around the room for Jessica. But, she wasn't there. Ren looked at Hyunseung and glared.

"Where is she?!" He yelled. Jihoon noticed how only Junhyung and Hyunseung were there.

"I thought you had like four other guys." Jihoon commented.

"They're running an errand. Why? You want another beating from Gikwang?" Hyunseung said with a smirk.

"He didn't beat me. He stabbed me." Jihoon glared at him.

"Where is Jessica?!" Ren yelled at him as he grabbed Hyunseung by his collar.

"I guess Yoseob decided to start early." Hyunseung chuckled after they heard a loud thud from one of the rooms.

"Honestly, I've never seen Ren this upset." Minhyun muttered as he and Baekho watched Ren through a crack in the window.

"He hasn't even gotten this pissed off at Jihoon." Baekho responded.

"I don't see Jess. She must be with one of those s in those rooms." Minhyun noted.

"I guess we have to be careful that he doesn't hurt her in there." Baekho sighed. His phone vibrated, indicating he had a text message. He checked it and saw it was from Jonghyun who would be at the other side of the building.

"Ru gotcha?" Baekho muttered with a frown.

"What is that supposed to mean? And where are those other guys? They wouldn't be needing to guard Jessica all together." Minhyun said, also getting confused.

"Well, it is Jessica. She did nearly bite your finger off." Baekho smirked.

"Don't remind me. I still have a scar."

"You're right though. Where are they?"

"They're right behind you." A voice said. They snapped their heads back and saw Dojoon and Kikwang standing there, playing with the knives in their hands.

"I think the text he wanted to send was 'run', but I guess Dongwoon caught him first." Kikwang smirked.

"Yup, he did." Dongwoon said as he walked towards them, dragging a now slightly bruised up Jonghyun with him.

"Looks like you're in some now." Dojoon mocked them with a smirk. All three of them glared at him.

"Look, we found some vermin around the terrain." Kikwang spoke loudly as he and the other two came in, dragging Baekho, Minhyun and Jonghyun behind them. Ren widened his eyes when he noticed their bruises.

"What the hell did you do to them?" Ren asked with a glare.

"We just roughed them up a bit. They were the ones snooping around our terrain." Dojoon said as he pushed Baekho towards Aron and Jihoon, whom luckily caught him.

"Well, now we're complete, let me call in the honorary guest." Hyunseung smirked and went to one of the doors and opened it. He noticed Yoseob playing some race game while Jessica was on the floor, trying to get out of the restraints.

"Well that explains the thud earlier." Hyunseung muttered. "Why is she on the floor anyway?"

"I assume she didn't want to play on the bed with me." Yoseob grinned.

"Well, she played on the floor at least once with me earlier." Hyunseung smirked. His friends snickered at Ren's angry expression. Yoseob ended his game and stood up and picked Jessica from the floor. He held her hands tied behind her back and pushed her forward to the living room.

"Jessica!" Ren exclaimed the moment she came into his vision. He tried to go to her but froze when Yoseob pressed a knife to her cheek.

"Don't come any closer if you don't want me to turn her into the joker." Yoseob said, causing Jessica to squirm in his hold. Ren turned his gaze back to Hyunseung.

"What do you want? Why do you need to hurt her for it?" Hyunseung sat down on the couch. Yoseob pushed Jessica towards it as well and forced her to sit in-between them.

"Let's play a game. The first one to remember me gets to leave with Jessica unharmed." Hyunseung smirked as Yoseob pressed the knife to her cheek a bit harder, not cutting her yet.

"What?" Jihoon widened his eyes.

"This is insane." Baekho muttered.

"Why are you doing this?" Ren asked.

"If you'd remember, you'd know." Hyunseung glared at him. Ren turned his gaze to Jessica, worry immediately filling his mind.

"I don't remember you. None of us do. Just let her go." Ren begged. Hyunseung laughed at him.

"Listen, the hate you have is for me, not for her. Just let her go and take your anger out on me. Just don't hurt her, please." Ren went on his knees and nearly started sobbing. Hyunseung stood up and crouched down in front of Ren. He pointed behind himself at Jessica.

"What makes her so special? What the hell did she do to make the little rich boy turn into a sweetheart? Why is she so special, but I wasn't?" Hyunseung asked with a glare. Ren frowned at him.

"I don't know what you're talking abou-" Hyunseung interrupted Ren by punching him against the jaw, knocking him over. Baekho and Aron tried to rush towards him, but were dragged away by Dongwoon and Kikwang to another room as the others stood frozen. Hyunseung stood back up and bent down, gripping Ren's hair to force him to look at him.

"What makes her worthy of being with you, while you threw me in the mud." He gritted through his teeth. Ren shook his head.

"I don't know you." He muttered. Hyunseung threw his body back at the ground, chuckling when he heard Ren groan.

"Maybe you remember my mother, then. She worked at your mansion for a while before working at another one where she had me." Hyunseung said as he turned his back to Ren.

"Now, I wonder, was it your father or one of his servants that took advantage of her? Dropping her like a brick in a lake when she reveals she's pregnant." Ren frowned at him.

"What the hell do you mean? None of my servants have ever been taken advantage of." Hyunseung scoffed at Ren's statement.

"Oh, right. I'm sure your daddy came up with something else. Like, she was the one to take advantage of someone else. Or, she begged for it. That's how your family do things. They lie and cheat and destroy. Do you remember preschool, Ren?" Hyunseung asked in a surprisingly calm tone. Ren frowned while Hyunseung looked at him again.

"It's where I met Jonghyun and Minhyun."

"And me." Hyunseung glared. Ren frowned before widening his eyes.

"You're joking."

"For once, I'm not. We got along because we kept making fun of our teacher together until halfway through the year, you literally threw me into the mud." Hyunseung glared.

"You're still angry over that? We were only five." Jonghyun spoke up. Hyunseung glared at him, causing Jonghyun to look away, and turned his attention back to Ren.

"You said I was good for nothing but a trash can before you pushed me into that mud puddle. It's because of you I got bullied and thrown at me for a year. Thanks to that, you became friends with the other pathetic mean rich kids at that place. Thanks to you I've been forced to hold my mother's hand to calm her down as she saw her son fall into a depression. But, thanks to you, I also had a purpose." Hyunseung said with a smirk.

"When my mom told me I could attend this school, I thought, no way. He's not here, he can't still be attending the same school for fourteen years. Yet, on my first day, there you were. Same uninterested gaze, same y tone of voice, same disinterested in anyone who he deems less than him. But, then I saw her with you." Hyunseung said and turned to Jessica.

"You treated her like she was a goddess. Like she was worth ten billion dollars. So, at first I figured she was just one of those other rich kids. But, Minhyun thankfully told me that she was actually just a poor girl that you got attached to. Now, I'd like to know, what is it that makes her worthy of you, but I wasn't?" Hyunseung turned back to Ren.

"I can't explain that to you." Ren said as he looked at Jessica.

"It's something I feel when I look at her. My feelings for her are not something I can just-" Hyunseung punched him again. Ren's lip bled. Jessica whimpered when she saw it.

"Don't give me that dramatic love story bull. She's barely capable of taking care of her family, yet you do nothing about that. Now, since none of you could remember me, I guess Yoseob can finally play his favorite game." Hyunseung said as he stepped his foot on Ren's chest, forcing him to lay down and watch as Jessica tried to squirm away from Yoseob, but he forced her to lay on her back and straddled her as he used to knife to cut open her shirt. She sobbed and felt humiliated by getting forcefully exposed like that. Jonghyun and Minhyun tried to stop him but were held back by their collars by Dojoon and Junhyung. Ren tried to get up to stop him but Hyunseung pushed him down again, aiming his knife at him.

"Stop squirming, you little ." Yoseob gritted through his teeth as he tried to take the shirt off. Jihoon and Jonghyun tried to wriggle free but had a knife against their throat the next moment, causing them to freeze. Yoseob got the shirt off and threw it somewhere behind the couch and pushed the knife back against Jessica's throat, stopping her squirming. He slowly glided the knife down to her cleavage with a smirk.

"Where should I cut first?" He mumbled. Jessica whimpered in fear as Ren glared at Yoseob.

"Let's start here." Yoseob muttered and quickly made a small cut on Jessica's . She flinched and sobbed. Ren tried to get up again, not caring about Hyunseung being able to stab him anymore. Just as Yoseob made another cut on that same , the door from the room where Aron and Baekho were taken to, blasted off and Aron and Bakeho soon ran out of it. The explosion caused Yose

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter